What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Last year when I bought the skid steer and other equipment the guys wanted to store some stuff at my place.
One item was a 225 amp Lincoln spot welder.
They said they wanted $200 for it.
A year later-"Oh you can keep it"

Just looking at it I'm thinking scrap.
Here was the plug under 2 wraps of electrical tape around the outside of the terminals.
The cord was so hard I used a hammer to break off the black insulation.

View attachment 2228407
Sacre....B-something..

Ya that adaptation is starting to look borderline sketchy. Not just due to efficiency.
As in questions can only lead to more questions. And rubber boots and gauntlets.
I'd at least keep it away from bath tubs while you debate it's fate further.
 

I dunno.
But spending 20 and having 30 is like an ex wifes accounting a bank used to call me in to discuss.
Only being off a dollar would have been cause for a celebration.

Another ex recieve a letter from the IRS regarding a tax preparation I had prepared for her that was off by one dollar. In her favor.
Psheew. I didn't do her taxes after that any more. Nor did I fret about where the dollar miscalculation occurred.
 
Screenshot_20251009_105338_Samsung Internet.webp
 
Now just get someone to pay that... heh

Gonna be at least 10% less... and that is high end.
Some places do pay more than less 10.
Ok, he needs to calculate that in.

OH crap a 10% loss, It's a $500 ring then.
Hardly worth getting wet for that, come to think of it-right!
 
Last year when I bought the skid steer and other equipment the guys wanted to store some stuff at my place.
One item was a 225 amp Lincoln spot welder.
They said they wanted $200 for it.
A year later-"Oh you can keep it"

Just looking at it I'm thinking scrap.
Here was the plug under 2 wraps of electrical tape around the outside of the terminals.
The cord was so hard I used a hammer to break off the black insulation.

View attachment 2228407
Canadian electricity ? :laughing7:


beavus slapping butthead.gif
 
i dont get wet for anything less than $3.
:P
If we did a way way way way back machine and......

It would say that you got wet for that damned Pull tab.
 
Exactly, the other way around does my head in. At our supermarket in the fruit n veg section the bags are on rolls and are 9 times out of 10 the other way around. I see it when I go for one and think "resist..... resist..... resist" 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
I can't, I have to take it off and turn it around. 🤣
 
Sacre....B-something..

Ya that adaptation is starting to look borderline sketchy. Not just due to efficiency.
As in questions can only lead to more questions. And rubber boots and gauntlets.
I'd at least keep it away from bath tubs while you debate it's fate further.
Looks like a Thomas Edison prototype!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom