What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ohh by the way the stew didn’t turn out very good. The potatoes didn’t cook even though I sliced them and it cooked for 8 hours. The beef bones were very fatty. But hey the dogs enjoyed the bones so it wasn’t a total loss. I won’t be eating them again is all I can say.
 
Ohh by the way the stew didn’t turn out very good. The potatoes didn’t cook even though I sliced them and it cooked for 8 hours. The beef bones were very fatty. But hey the dogs enjoyed the bones so it wasn’t a total loss. I won’t be eating them again is all I can say.
We did up a turkey and rendered the skeleton down. The broth is awesome tasting.

The fatty skin and bits not worth separating was added to the small bones and put in the Vita-Mix and blended down to a thick liquid for a protein supplement over the winter for the hens.

Now the broth can be used as a soup mix but this one is going in the slow cooker, with a couple of pounds of stewing beef. The potatoes, onions, carrots, turnip, celery, and a few other things will be set on a medium heat for 24 hrs. Might put some of our cranberry beans in and then add lentils and squash over the period of a few days to keep it interesting.

We find by the 4+ day stews really start to find their taste. Still looking for a huge slow cooker that will hold a 5 lb worth of stewing beef plus fixings.
 
They are some of the earliest coinage ever minted in North America.
They are extremely rare.
And worth a shitload.
The 1652 Pine Tree Shilling. Small Planchet. Noe-? is way up there in the grades.
 
They are some of the earliest coinage ever minted in North America.
They are extremely rare.
And worth a shitload.
Ah ok. American made. At a glance they looked kind of Spanish or some other country. Early retirement stuff then.
 
Ohh by the way the stew didn’t turn out very good. The potatoes didn’t cook even though I sliced them and it cooked for 8 hours. The beef bones were very fatty. But hey the dogs enjoyed the bones so it wasn’t a total loss. I won’t be eating them again is all I can say.
I hate that when the spuds don't cook after hrs.
Your post sent me looking.
 
Ohh by the way the stew didn’t turn out very good. The potatoes didn’t cook even though I sliced them and it cooked for 8 hours. The beef bones were very fatty. But hey the dogs enjoyed the bones so it wasn’t a total loss. I won’t be eating them again is all I can say.
damn-it-chris-farley.gif
 
Good afternoon !!!! It's raining ! Our average is 80 inches a year, but it is 59 degrees.
Morning here on my first coffee. Freezing cold yesterday and again today, heater on flat out. 2 days ago we had the ceiling fan on with the air conditioner.
My horse in the Melbourne Cup jumped out first and was looking ok for a little while but got boxed in against the rails and was stuck there for the rest of the race. Thats my betting over for another year. Fun to watch though.
 
A no shit news break !

Stuff like that here is the green light to many to go fishing. Last week a severe weather alert for the entire state with the worst issued for coastal areas, winds with gusts up to 130kph.
Misses said "here we go, people will go fishing". They did, out in a boat, it capsized and they both drowned. Someone else had to be rescued too elsewhere out on the water. Same with flood waters. "We advise people to please not drive through flood waters". So the news will be full of stories about SES rescue saving people trapped in cars in flood waters. In QLD the other day when they had monster tennis ball size hail and cyclonic winds. "Please stay indoors and secure everything, a severe storm cell is coming" What did people do? At one place they held a children's carnival and nearby an outdoors wedding. People hurt by hail, one woman hospitalised, tents and pergolas destroyed, cars hammered and looking like golf balls.
Is this the dumbest generation ever or what!?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom