THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning WD and a happy Saturday to you also!

Good morning.

It seems to me that I'll be tackling a shopping trip. This ought ta be good. Real good.

Are they are taking you along to elbow a way thru the crowds to get to the shelves?

I went to walmart this morning wasn't bad but by the time we left people where starting to roll in quick...

You know, it's times like these when it sucks to be a recovering alcoholic. :(

Sorry, we do a lot of talkity-talk on here. Here's some inspiration for you.

Don't Quit
by
John Greenleaf Whittier

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns
As every one of us sometimes learns
And many a failure comes about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow–
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out–
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell just how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit–
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

WD,

Thanks for the chuckles most people don't want to know what goes into baloney or hot dogs either....lol....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

At a high end restaurant salmon ravioli would probably set you back $25. or so per serving and odds are the restaurant would use the heads as their base not the prime filet that they charge $35. or more for.

Here's the picture of the salmon flakes I got for my efforts and the other picture is the makings of a seafood chowder using the fumet/stock from the salmon and we'll use some chopped up shrimp from the freezer.

Tomorrow I'll be adding some sauteed french shallots, ricotta cheese and other seasonings for the stuffing.

That looks MUCH better! But I still am leary of the fishy taste of the salmon. But, I would try a bite. If I am feeling brave, that is.

========

Sis: A few weeks ago I stopped at Burger King and figured I would try their Impossible Whopper. I like my vegetables and LOVE hamburger ! I went in with the thought that they would not taste right. I was totally wrong. I honestly could NOT tell the difference. Usually the day after eating a whopper I have a bad after taste, ( even using mouthwash and brushing my teeth ). Absolutely no after taste whatsoever. I have not tried anyone else's veggie burgers so I can't comment on them, but Burger King gets a 10 from me.

Bill's meal looks good when done, but I too will take a pass. Bill's home for supper use to be on my bucket list....................but no more. Sorry Bill ???

And you didn't invite me?!!??!?!?!?!?!? Oh! My heart is broken!

JK :laughing9:

I will pass. We have been trying to stay away from processed foods for quite a while now. Very hard to stock up on food that will spoil quickly, though.

Sorry, we do a lot of talkity-talk on here. Here's some inspiration for you.

Don't Quit
by
John Greenleaf Whittier

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns
As every one of us sometimes learns
And many a failure comes about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow–
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out–
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell just how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit–
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Thank you WannaDig. I appreciate the encouragement.

I posted that line about it sucking to be a recovering alcoholic as both a joke and as a sentiment about how I'm feeling about things right now. I stopped drinking over 2 1/2 years ago and don't plan to start back up but there are some times that are harder than other times.

Ok. Enough of that depressing crap. Pass the rum. :laughing7:

fog horn.jpg

LOL! Well, thanks for clearing that up! We drink. Not every day, or even every weekend. Occasionally though. Don't smoke the funny stuff, either. I gave that up many moons ago, and at this time, I still don't have any desire to start back up. My son is a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. He recognizes and admits he has a problem. He does bad drugs when he's drunk. So, I know that I know I don't want to be a stumbling block for anyone.

I tore my Achilles in half last week coaching my sons basketball team and I slipped on the rubber floor doing a layup. They gave me good pain meds.but I told them I wont fill them so I've been taking motrin 400 mg and tylenol. I wouldnt be able to go without the high dosage stuff had I not had the nerve blocker.

Ouch!!!!!

Good morning to current and new crew members. ARC might want to look for a 4 Oar ship.

Good morning mates, had to step out for a bit. Looks like the bus came and went. After reading all those posts this morning, kinda need to go take a break.

Did some reading earlier, and the man behind the curtain, fumbled. Seems the test they were using, was giving an abnormally high percentage of false positives . . . like 75%. Trump stepped in (after declaring emergency) and among many other things, I guess better tests will be getting used. (I did NOT see when, though???) dang phone :)

Not dismissing anything, but I do think there is a battle that Trump is fighting, that we can't see. If there is one, idk if it's better to know the details or not.

Anyway, I am going to go get a couple of essentials. Don't anyone fall overboard.:headbang:

Last edited:
Doubter,

I pat you on the back for quitting and sticking to it....I still enjoy my beer, however, I quit smoking Dec 2016 cold turkey with no patch, gum, nothing and haven't looked back or cheated.

Just not worth falling into that habit again, the same would apply for booze or drugs if it's to much for you. To go through the whole quitting process again is to much of a pain if you ask me.

Doubter,

I pat you on the back for quitting and sticking to it....I still enjoy my beer, however, I quit smoking Dec 2016 cold turkey with no patch, gum, nothing and haven't looked back or cheated.

Just not worth falling into that habit again, the same would apply for booze or drugs if it's to much for you. To go through the whole quitting process again is to much of a pain if you ask me.

Couldn't agree more, I was on pain meds for almost 11 years. Took 3 months weening down, been off of them almost 5 years. I do not want to open that door again.

Ok, really going this time . . What was on that list again ?
. . let's see . . Some guns, and some ammo, an underground bunker, a bat mobile,
Infrared perimeter security, some pork-n-beans . . Just kidding, don't need the beans.

All kidding aside, stay safe out there.

There was next to nothing in Walmart. No meant, no milk, no soap, no canned goods, nothing. But by being resourceful, we found what we needed and got out of the madhouse. Not before I had a lil' fun though. :)

I found the last bottle of soap, and I raised it in the air, and said "Step right up! Auction for the LAST bottle of Tide Purewash soap! Starting at a low price of $39.95 get it while it lasts!" The Walmart shelf stockers thought it to be hilarious and someone yelled out "Beshears' gonna git ya!" in reference to our governor who banned price gouging. I didn't make a sale on the soap. ;p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back