What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

a713c6de71c3a64dca43f773bb91e02d.png.webp
 
Speaking of salad... It always amuses me when I see people walk up to a salad bar and put veggies on their plate, and then pour 300 calories of dressing on top of them!
 
The video, posted on Instagram on September 1, 2026, shows a bison in Yellowstone National Park moving aggressively toward a group of tourists standing close by. In the moments that follow, a man appears to hurl a child out of the charging animal's path before being tossed in the air themselves by the powerful animal.


i don't understand at all... I wouldn't even get into a pasture with a Holstein let alone one of those!
 
Dunno.
Doubt the dust is much worse unless it gets in the dirt more by operator.
Ya the disc type I wouldn't want to use by any windows. I like em though.

This was solid tag alder jungle. Root raked after mulching.
Multiple trails/cuts connected.
ok, I got a small area I want to smooth over and even up... maybe 15 yards by 30 yards deep. What do I use? It is fairly clear, but uneven. It is also back in the woods so maybe only a bobcat can get to it... do I get an attachment for my John Deere?
 
ok, I got a small area I want to smooth over and even up... maybe 15 yards by 30 yards deep. What do I use? It is fairly clear, but uneven. It is also back in the woods so maybe only a bobcat can get to it... do I get an attachment for my John Deere?

Depends on amount of brush/plants/rocks/soil type.

I rebuilt a small spring toothed harrow.
I mow a fallow area then I can drag the harrow. Yes it takes time.
My back blade reversed so the cutting edge is dragging can help level stuff as well. So can dragging the loader bucket backwards.

Here's mowed short , allowed to dry a while then dragged with the spring harrow ground.
 

Attachments

  • 20250816_091442.webp
    20250816_091442.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20250816_095453.webp
    20250816_095453.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
UncleMac:

75 dollars and some new nuts and bolts and cleaning and oiling. Added some chain to pull it by.
There are roughly 1/2 inch diameter spikes on the tail end that drag at an outward angle. Adjustable .
The biggest drawback on non cleared ground is stopping to clear out wads of grass ect. that build up.
I just stop by a row of cover and toss the debris there.
The exposed soil in the prior pics are behind the camera in this picture.

IMG_0234.webp
 
Greetings all....

OV, good deal you're out of the bud biz. When it was first made legal (recreational)
here in WA, I had a few folks that wanted me to be their grower...not interested. I have
very little tolerance for government BS, red tape and "oversight". I never grew for
commercial purposes...I just grew great weed....View attachment 2264149

As for the internet frustration, this I understand.....View attachment 2264150
What started this adventure. I knew a grower from Humboldt county, and happened to have a piece of property. I acquired it years ago, for a great price, zoned for exclusive farm use. I originally purchased it for the timber and logged the property for a cabin.... and did. The "weed" wasn't legal back then and I never really cared, or figured it would be legal anyway as it never was the plan.
All the greenhouses, lights solar etc are his. He made me a cash offer :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I could not pass up and he knows people were interested.... location, location, location. I was tired of government BS anyway even though he dealt with most of it anyway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom