Of course we had to take that stupid mutt with us, and just as we got there, she puked a lot everywhere, so we had to turn around and come home. I am honestly really, really not liking this dog so far.
You don't like the dog , you're not going to like the dog. And the dog already knows...
No food ,light water before travel.
Diet tolerance varies among dogs . They will puke multiple things if indigestible , or if they are stressed.
Riding in vehicles is an accumulative thing.
Short trips first. Did I mention not feeding them first?
Dogs position in relation to vehicle axles makes the difference in dogs with jumpy bellies puking or not. Dog in line with axle is better than positioned across/forwardbackwards.
Watching the world through the windows while in motion takes getting used to too. Not just in one trip or ride...
We have dogs that know when we're leaving and want to "go for ride" without an invite.
They know where to be in vehicles and to behave.
But , they also ride in crates in vehicles at times. Puke there or whatever and the towel bedding goes in a bag , the crate floor gets cleaned ,new towel and we're done. (I don't recall the last time a dog hurled in a vehicle.)
A dog pukin don't bother me if I know why. Having cleaned up after dozens of dogs over the past couple decades it's just par for the course sometimes.
A dog puking repeatedly might have ingested something it should not have. A piece of bone , a toxic substance ,plastic,hair,who knows.
Diet could be wrong if it's only dog food.
Consider a canines natural need/adapted through thousands of years diet ,then read the dogfood label. Most of it is garbage and much of it is corn. And corn is garbage to some/ many dogs.
A dog chewing it's feet often has allergies , consider the food there too.
If it has not been walking on salt (ice melter ect.) or treated wood or....
Or a puking dog could just be stressed out. Is it blowing it's coat? (Shedding hair rapidly ,not a seasonal shedding). Panting? or what...
I don't know your dog or what it's been up to. But would value it as another pair of eyes ,and superior scenting ability if I had a working partnership with it.
I call one little guy my guard dog. Like many others here he's not really mine , but I take care of him.
If I sit or lay down he joins me and is on alert. Well mostly. Hard to sneak anything by him though.
Open a gate and go through it fast with the wheelchair while closing it and he's still with me.
And will go outside when I do , to check things out for invaders if not told to stay and wait inside..
After he checks things out he'll usually want up in the chair to continue checking as far as he can see,hear,scent, ect..
A dog is it's pedigree. A certain grandparent depending on breeding , can be more a factor than it's parents.
And some dogs are not car dogs. Those take fair patient introduction to traveling in a car.
We take it for granted , but strap us to rockets and launch them , we might get woozy too...