THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

John,
Doing ok still taking the cane along for my morning walks...walking is pretty much the best exercise for everyone. It clears the cobwebs and helps to lift your spirits.
Yup I love walks myself live in almond orchard country so lots of places for me to walk I'll often walk 3 to 4 miles on my walks. I listen to music on my walks which also helps me a lot.

20211215_120233.jpg
20211215_120224.jpg

I refound this school desk bell. I got the handle turned, and will attach it with a clapper.
I am giving it to the permission wife as she's a school teacher.

Question: Should I polish it up to look brass new-or leave it as is, a little cruddy looking?
Your thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

20211215_184535.jpg

I refound this school desk bell. I got the handle turned, and will attach it with a clapper.

Question: Should I polish it up to look brass new-or leave it as is, a little cruddy looking?

View attachment 1996773
I am thinking it doesn’t look right with a spiffy new handle. I think you should clean it up. Or, somehow age the handle.

View attachment 1996773
Jim, Maybe as a compromise consider just soaking the bell section in peroxide to get the crud off and leave the dark patina. Minwax makes some good products to stain wood to give it an aged wood look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back