THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
(WD’s light bulb goes off)
Of course! Santa is a pirate!

View attachment 2060995
1671918269090.gif

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The coin collecting community cherishes Brasher Doubloons because they were the first gold coins struck in the newly independent United States. Only nine are known and they seldom come to market: Seven are called “New York Style” because they show a mountain sunrise scene similar to the one on the New York State seal, while the other two are referred to as “Lima Style” because they imitate Spanish gold coins."

"A second NGC-certified Brasher Doubloon, of a different type and graded NGC MS 61, sold moments later for $2.1 million."

"Brasher Doubloons take their name from the man who created them, renowned New York City gold and silversmith Ephraim Brasher. His ‘EB’ counterstamp appears on the eagle of the New York Style coins and on the cross of the Lima Style coins."

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not too shabby Rusty on amassing a great looking display of recoveries. Congrats.
Just looking them over, and from recovering lots of bells over the years, I haven't dug a rumble bell of that style-there you 4 of them.
Were they all from the same site location?
Getting a complete reed as that one is really hard to do. Find lots of pieces, never a whole one!
Brass rectangle harmonica reeds are common, but your example is a top shelf.
The bells were all found in about a 30x30 yard area, and are made of white tombac. The site was actually my 8th great grandfathers house, as were nearly all the roundballs in the picture.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Winding down from a very interesting drive to the farm and back for the annual Xmas Eve dinner.
Roads are closed, usually 50 minutes away took double going there. Coming home 2 hrs.
After the first 4 white outs the Mrs said ok, let's turn this around and go home.
Say what! I just didn't do all that, just to do it again.
The first one was a 25mph, slam on the brakes, slid to a stop. I couldn't see the snowplow blade even on the truck.
There we are sitting somewhere on the highway, just hoping that we were in our own lane.
2 minutes seems like a whole lot longer than it was.
A tad nasty going by the open fields and nothing stopping the snow for miles, just keeps moving.
Followed a few plow trucks, 25 mph was alright.
Glad to be home though, long day.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh just checked under the tree... all i got was those terrible tasting black cookies again from Santa.
Gotta chat with him about Ms. Clauses cooking.... poor guy.

Dry... tastes like dirt... hurts my teeth ... :/

Almost a coal taste to them... hard to stomach.... BUT.... I DID GET.... an extra pile of em ! ! ! so i must be doing something right.

Sheesh... and they come out worse than they go in. arrrg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Right result this end… santa got me a very nice xp deus pinpointer.. and himself’s Deus WS A2 headphones.. dont fit his massive ears… so he has kindly said i can have them… as they fit my tiny ears a treat 😆😂 xxx
What a keeper you have blossom-though I will have to say......

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 6.45.05 AM.png

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys might like this post i just posted on this newbie CS buckle find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread