THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my misses out today to a country town she loves, whole day was a 230km round trip. She loves the place as it has old time opp shops and knows the old ladies in them. Me, nah sit in the car.
But, the rule was "ok but we go the long way, added 50km to it, and I fish in my favourite little reservoir for just 1 hour!"
We did. Was at about the 50 minute mark and I see she isn't comfortable, she isnt well and hasn't been for several years so I say "ok, we go to the town". She says "no, im ok I love it here it's like being in Gods country".
I say "ok, two more casts". Cast and see a flock of parrots fly over the lake towards me, fumble and miss the good shot and just catch them going past on the left.
Last cast. 30 foot from the bank and BOOM! I thought maybe I had a snag up on the submerged trees. Nope, it was a fish. The drag peeled off, then running into some visible tree branches sticking out near shore. Im "pass the net quick this is a thumper". Convinced it was a big trout seeing the water boils. Going one way, then the other. Finally in the net!
It was 2 nice size Redfin, (english perch) on the 1 lure. The both must have smashed it at the same time. Iv saltwater fished with two, three hooks on droppers and had multiple hookup but never freshwater on 1 small lure.
We both laughed our heads off. I said before we went, "im gonna be happy with 1 good fish for us both". We got two on the last cast. 😆
Classic, in the fridge and will eat, they are beautiful to eat. Great day.
Parrots flying past.
View attachment 2143839
Where I was casting from.
View attachment 2143841
The Sebile lure that I love, they are fish magnets!
View attachment 2143840
In the net, we laughed our heads off.
View attachment 2143838
Oh you guys are dinner no iffs!
View attachment 2143837
In the fridge. 😋
Beautiful fishes! That’s awesome.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I took my misses out today to a country town she loves, whole day was a 230km round trip. She loves the place as it has old time opp shops and knows the old ladies in them. Me, nah sit in the car.
But, the rule was "ok but we go the long way, added 50km to it, and I fish in my favourite little reservoir for just 1 hour!"
We did. Was at about the 50 minute mark and I see she isn't comfortable, she isnt well and hasn't been for several years so I say "ok, we go to the town". She says "no, im ok I love it here it's like being in Gods country".
I say "ok, two more casts". Cast and see a flock of parrots fly over the lake towards me, fumble and miss the good shot and just catch them going past on the left.
Last cast. 30 foot from the bank and BOOM! I thought maybe I had a snag up on the submerged trees. Nope, it was a fish. The drag peeled off, then running into some visible tree branches sticking out near shore. Im "pass the net quick this is a thumper". Convinced it was a big trout seeing the water boils. Going one way, then the other. Finally in the net!
It was 2 nice size Redfin, (english perch) on the 1 lure. The both must have smashed it at the same time. Iv saltwater fished with two, three hooks on droppers and had multiple hookup but never freshwater on 1 small lure.
We both laughed our heads off. I said before we went, "im gonna be happy with 1 good fish for us both". We got two on the last cast. 😆
Parrots flying past.
View attachment 2143839
View attachment 2143841
View attachment 2143840
View attachment 2143838
View attachment 2143837
In the fridge. 😋
Well done on the 2 for 1 catch, amazing luck.
I have some real fond memories of the Parrots while travelling in OZ.
Certainly a beautiful spot to cast.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im about to go to bed and listen to some radio here. 9pm. Yeah, used to sit up and watch some stuff. Nah, not now, mostly eye and mind poison these days on TV.
La la land time.....
We cut cable 11yrs ago, no regrets, we even cut Netflix last year as the content was getting the bile to raise.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Well done on the 2 for 1 catch, amazing luck.
I have some real fond memories of the Parrots while travelling in OZ.
Certainly a beautiful spot to cast.
You gotta love the Cockatoos and Galahs when it rains. You ever see them in it? After a hot dry spell they have a party, hang upside down on branches or power lines wings open letting the rain soak them as they chatter and screech their heads of. Funny to watch.
Mate water here is far between where we are, rivers and lakes. 3 of our major lakes have been full of toxic algae for the past 4 months. Thats 3 from 3 for us. Our tap water comes from them. Thankfully we have 3 water tanks to drink and cook.
This res is in a range and not frequented much by fishers and iv never known it to have algae. Its always been good fishing. Chill out place.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.
Most of two days in bed.. breaks for puking and only what had to be done. Which was about all I could do anyways. Too much pain.

The missing atlatl dart head Dad had so long showed up ! A sister presented it with a share of silver coins from Dads estate. It was in an envelope and likely in the cache from behind his homesteads garage converted to home while he built's sink cupboard.

Now I need to find the picture of it around here with the approx. age written on it. He'd had someone I've forgotten date it. His cousin provided lots of artifacts to museum(s) and had lots of contacts. Suggesting the date should be close enough.
It'll be a while for my taking pictures and chasing that photo as I'm still puny.
I have provenance back to the homestead it was recovered on. And who recovered it. Making it quite a piece.
There were two cigar boxes in Step grand mothers fathers basement up in the joists from that same area that disappeared with his death.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You gotta love the Cockatoos and Galahs when it rains. You ever see them in it? After a hot dry spell they have a party, hang upside down on branches or power lines wings open letting the rain soak them as they chatter and screech their heads of. Funny to watch.
Mate water here is far between where we are, rivers and lakes. 3 of our major lakes have been full of toxic algae for the past 4 months. Thats 3 from 3 for us. Our tap water comes from them. Thankfully we have 3 water tanks to drink and cook.
This res is in a range and not frequented much by fishers and iv never known it to have algae. Its always been good fishing. Chill out place.
Back in 1992 a Cockatoo would cost a $1000 at a pet store in Toronto.
First National park we camped at I'll never forget the scene there was a dozen on this lawn as I rounded the bend.
The Mrs said: Oh look!
I said: $1000, $2000.............:laughing7:

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.
Most of two days in bed.. breaks for puking and only what had to be done. Which was about all I could do anyways. Too much pain.

The missing atlatl dart head Dad had so long showed up ! A sister presented it with a share of silver coins from Dads estate. It was in an envelope and likely in the cache from behind his homesteads garage converted to home while he built's sink cupboard.

Now I need to find the picture of it around here with the approx. age written on it. He'd had someone I've forgotten date it. His cousin provided lots of artifacts to museum(s) and had lots of contacts. Suggesting the date should be close enough.
It'll be a while for my taking pictures and chasing that photo as I'm still puny.
I have provenance back to the homestead it was recovered on. And who recovered it. Making it quite a piece.
There were two cigar boxes in Step grand mothers fathers basement up in the joists from that same area that disappeared with his death.
Sorry to hear your down RC, hoping you beat it back soon!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I guess I better get a moving. unload the car hauler of equipment and get back over to be loaded up again.
Sunny-rather go detecting than be doing this, but a gentleman's agreement must be kept.
Hope everyone has a productive day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck Peps hope u have a fab time… Birthday you say…. 🤔 today? Well many many happy returns… they say another year older …. another year wiser… but we wont hold our breath xx 😆.. 💕

View attachment 2143653
Mr Woo has been below deck again playing with the bounty stash.
Brilliant card blossom
Thank you

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parrots flying past.
View attachment 2143839
View attachment 2143841
View attachment 2143840
View attachment 2143838
View attachment 2143837
In the fridge. 😋
Nice looking fish Chilli.
I was out fishing y'day also. Got a couple of juvenile Largemouth bass, but I let 'em go to get some meat on those bones!

Attachments

• IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6851.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6852.jpg
    IMG_6852.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 5

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear your down RC, hoping you beat it back soon!
Thank you!
I'm alright. Just over did it again.
Melted ice cube shaped neck bones and a lower spine starting to catch up.. Digging roots from a seated position and chopping with an axe takes it's toll. And to think I used to be the go to at work in my department for sledge hammer use once upon a time.
Add the rest of the damage from being crushed years ago...It just gets to being too much sometimes. I got weaned of the pain drugs that didn't stop it all. But they did addle my brain.
OxyContin. Neurontin. I don' recall offhand the rest.
(Morphine stopped the pain when taken at a level that knocked me out.( Folks at the hospital were wise enough to get me off it as soon as possible. )
So , just don't over do it.
I will again though.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Morning my lovelies xx me nd the Woo are grooving to 70s tunes today 😆.. im not sure whose singing is worse mine or his 🤔… had an interview today on Teams… had to do it in the kitchen as would be to difficult to explain mr woo cooing nd doing fly bys in the background… 😂😂 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Thank you!
I'm alright. Just over did it again.
Melted ice cube shaped neck bones and a lower spine starting to catch up.. Digging roots from a seated position and chopping with an axe takes it's toll. And to think I used to be the go to at work in my department for sledge hammer use once upon a time.
Add the rest of the damage from being crushed years ago...It just gets to being too much sometimes. I got weaned of the pain drugs that didn't stop it all. But they did addle my brain.
OxyContin. Neurontin. I don' recall offhand the rest.
(Morphine stopped the pain when taken at a level that knocked me out.( Folks at the hospital were wise enough to get me off it as soon as possible. )
So , just don't over do it.
I will again though.
Ahh RC you take it steady now, hope u feel better soon xx sending 🤗 xx

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning my lovelies xx me nd the Woo are grooving to 70s tunes today 😆.. im not sure whose singing is worse mine or his 🤔… had an interview today on Teams… had to do it in the kitchen as would be to difficult to explain mr woo cooing nd doing fly bys in the background… 😂😂 xx
Substitute pigeon for lark..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread