THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem man... it is always good to hang with ya man.
Well I have cut back my time here, but I'm always lurking. My mornings have been spent communicating with other treasure hunters, and trying to organize and be part of something very big in the shipwreck world. I take tentative steps into a realm where many others have failed at. Time is of the essence, and any more dallying could be a real waste of time and effort....were all getting old quick....and the term strike while the iron is hot comes to mind !! So....as everyone enjoys the festivities at the cook out.....I load provisions, order supplies, make last second repairs, and fuel the ship !! Unfortunately my time is so precious that I can't break from my most productive part of the treasurehunting season for me. So as ducks line up, budgets are approved, and everything is loaded, I prepare for laying the groundwork, and helping an incredible team form up and come together for the grandest most glorious adventures !! I can only prey that everything will gel and come together for something great !! I have been blessed by many people supporting me, and really getting in my corner....now its time for me to dig deep and produce results again....and I will....so my time has been managed latley and I'm laser focused on my goals.....1 hurdle at a time with no stumbles.....smooth sailing !!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning fine folks. This little guy showed up last evening. We put out peanuts & sunflower seeds for the squirrels. We've never had a piebald show up.
20240426_182353~2.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes life gives you lemons....collect them, squeeze them, and add sugar !! The lemonade can be so sweet 😋!!

Latley I'm sipping lemonade. I casually mentioned an idea to my boss for a fishing tool that I can't find to buy....if it's true that the industry has missed this simple device, and our patent search yields fruit....well we're gonna make some money 💰 I'm not sure what made my boss go absolutely ballistic in the pursuit of this idea, but here we go !! We are in the CAD design phase now with patent attorneys working on it. Cad design will come next week, and then off to the fabrication plant for a prototype to test this season fishing big blue marlin. I've never seen anything come together so fast, and now I can see my boss in his element.....Design, patent, fabricate, mass produce, and sell !! Wow....mind blown 🤯

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes life gives you lemons....collect them, squeeze them, and add sugar !! The lemonade can be so sweet 😋!!

Latley I'm sipping lemonade. I casually mentioned an idea to my boss for a fishing tool that I can't find to buy....if it's true that the industry has missed this simple device, and our patent search yields fruit....well we're gonna make some money 💰 I'm not sure what made my boss go absolutely ballistic in the pursuit of this idea, but here we go !! We are in the CAD design phase now with patent attorneys working on it. Cad design will come next week, and then off to the fabrication plant for a prototype to test this season fishing big blue marlin. I've never seen anything come together so fast, and now I can see my boss in his element.....Design, patent, fabricate, mass produce, and sell !! Wow....mind blown 🤯
I’ve never managed to invent anything. Good on you if you do. These days, all you have to do is get Walmart to buy it and you’ll be rich! I met a guy that came up with a fishing lure with mirrors in the 80s. He sold them through tv ads and made a pile of money.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best of luck with this! Hope it brings in the big bucks.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday I brought the Tundra over to buddy's place to get some welding done on the exhaust system.
2 joint flanges were in dire need to get repaired.(rusted basically to nothing)
Also the bracket that held the trailer plugs, and the 2 valves for the air bags was constructed and welded to the truck.

Everything is quiet now.
In conversation I discovered that he had frame works for various green houses.

So we went for a walk, looked at what was there.
I stated what I would need and wanted.

(This included 15 20ft galvanized 8" open web beams)
Enough 2" curved pipes to construct 8 hoops.
All the cross angles.
Enough pipes 2.5" heavy walled posts for the drilled footings.
Too wet still to get the truck and trailer into the site, but it'll dry up soon.

So then the old bartering session begins.
How much will you give me 🌶?
$50🤣🤣(never ask a frugal pepperj)

We get back to the shop. I asked well how much?
$150 🌶
I shook my head no.
Too much?
I shook my head no.
Too less?
I'll give you $300 for the lot.
Ok😁( I treat buddy right as he does me good in time of dire need in the repair dept)

We finished the truck.
What's the damage?
How about $75
I handed him $80.

It was a great day hanging out at the shop.
Got the truck done ✔️
Got a greenhouse frame.
Future appointments booked for the tractor

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve never managed to invent anything. Good on you if you do. These days, all you have to do is get Walmart to buy it and you’ll be rich! I met a guy that came up with a fishing lure with mirrors in the 80s. He sold them through tv ads and made a pile of money.
I've got a couple of ideas I think may have some merit but all these invention help companies sound like scams.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023

Get it in writing anything you have discussed with the idea and dates. I would know about getting left out after a really good invention comes to life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread