THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find! 😃
Yep!! I want to see it cleaned a bit.

20240503_171748.jpg

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Hard to say. I don't know how well Pigeons are regarded there, so don't know how well a rescue place would treat him. But from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure he's getting the royal treatment at your house.
Since getting into pigeons… I have discovered there is a secret world of amazing pigie helpers, there is a guy in London who goes out each week to rescue pigeons who have string/hair wrapped around their footsies 😔…. He catches them with lightning speed, and removes the string, cleans and medicates them and then releases them … it’s simply beautiful that there are such good people out there, making amends for the damage we cause xx

thank you, I do try my very best for him, even spending hours bobbing my head in a comedic he bobs I bob routine, which he seems to enjoy 😍 xx

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning and happy Saturday.

Truck repair update: I'm in the process of putting the timing chains back on, and have now verified that the drivers side chain had indeed skipped a tooth, probably from the failed tensioner on that side.

And did I mention putting a new starter motor on the car last week, only to have it fail already this week? What is it with cars lately?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning and happy Saturday.

Truck repair update: I'm in the process of putting the timing chains back on, and have now verified that the drivers side chain had indeed skipped a tooth, probably from the failed tensioner on that side.

And did I mention putting a new starter motor on the car last week, only to have it fail already this week? What is it with cars lately?
Tools of choice ?
Ratchet of choice ?

I have been on a Craftsman =V= collection kick for a bit now.
I don't wrench often but when i do i like good tools.
Have a nice set being built up and been on a few Garage journals lately etc.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tools of choice ?
Ratchet of choice ?
Whatever is available when I need it, usually. My tool collection has been gathered piece by piece as I've needed them over the decades, starting from a set of sockets and wrenches my dad got me when I was 16 (which I still have, BTW). Brands are all over the place. I used to get Craftsman, but they just don't seem to live up to the hype. Branching into power tools, though, I've had my best luck with Dewalt. I've actually got a Dewalt battery powered half inch impact driver that I've been using on the tougher bolts on the truck -- that thing is great!

Edit: On the Craftsman tools, I just meant they don't seem any better or worse than the other brands. I do know I've broken plenty of Craftsman sockets over the years, but I can't say for sure whether any other brand would have fared better.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever is available when I need it, usually. My tool collection has been gathered piece by piece as I've needed them over the decades, starting from a set of sockets and wrenches my dad got me when I was 16 (which I still have, BTW). Brands are all over the place. I used to get Craftsman, but they just don't seem to live up to the hype. Branching into power tools, though, I've had my best luck with Dewalt. I've actually got a Dewalt battery powered half inch impact driver that I've been using on the tougher bolts on the truck -- that thing is great!

Edit: On the Craftsman tools, I just meant they don't seem any better or worse than the other brands. I do know I've broken plenty of Craftsman sockets over the years, but I can't say for sure whether any other brand would have fared better.
When i say Craftsman... I mean just the =V= series... they were made way back... and they are pretty much indestructible.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also. the -V- series is good... And if i remember the -VV- also...
They were made in USA and by the Easco Co.
Errr... Moore Drop Forge Co... which i have gathered is a "look for" tools... due to the build quality.
Best part...
You can find them at yard sales for cheap

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning! Here’s a craftsman tool for you ARC. 1958 Craftsman 100 table saw. My grandpa made the cart from an old pinball machine. Old iron. Built like a tank but no safety stuff and the fence wasn’t that great.
IMG_4874.jpeg

I’m getting ready to add an Incra fence and guard for the blade. And I’ll get a new set of wheels.
IMG_4873.jpeg
IMG_4830.jpeg

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i say Craftsman... I mean just the =V= series... they were made way back... and they are pretty much indestructible.
Ah. Yeah all the ones I broke are probably newer than that. 1990's or later. I'm with you on the older stuff. They used to build things (including tools) to last generations. Nowadays they build them to last a year or two.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have all kinds of makes from SK - SnapOn- MAC - Proto- aside from the Craftsman.
Years ago i sold a bulk of my Snap on and mac and proto... due to the fact i couldn't replace them easily as i could with the craftsman... BUT.... that has since changed ever since sears went out round here as well as the new policies due to people misusing the system etc.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have all kinds of makes from SK - SnapOn- MAC - Proto- aside from the Craftsman.
Years ago i sold a bulk of my Snap on and mac and proto... due to the fact i couldn't replace them easily as i could with the craftsman... BUT.... that has since changed ever since sears went out round here as well as the new policies due to people misusing the system etc.
PS... I might add... I am not a "gear head"... I am just a guy who likes to do it myself when i can.
I like to learn and not depend on someone else to fix sh-t...
Also...
I like saving that cost related to relying on someone else... as well as when I do it... I know its was done at least RIGHT. heh
OR....
There abouts :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread