What's new

Tiny crown?

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little wedge shaped piece appears to have been broken off of something. It bear a crown shape on each side. It's approx. 3/4 of an inch wide. Any ideas would be great - I like these little mysteries now and again. :D
033.jpg
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
maybe you know of pommels with two pointy projections coming from the end :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
maybe you know of pommels with two pointy projections coming from the end :icon_scratch:
Read my reply :angry4: pointy projections :icon_scratch: granted something looks broken of, but it could have been were it thinned out. And I have seen pommels that shape, not saying it defenetly is one , just throwing something into the pot, and not using the R word , but I'll bow to your superior knowledge :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
maybe you know of pommels with two pointy projections coming from the end :icon_scratch:
Read my reply :angry4: pointy projections :icon_scratch: granted something looks broken of, but it could have been were it thinned out. And I have seen pommels that shape, not saying it defenetly is one , just throwing something into the pot, and not using the R word , but I'll bow to your superior knowledge :notworthy:
If you read the posters comments you would have spotted:
'it's pretty crusty and broken on three sides'
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
maybe you know of pommels with two pointy projections coming from the end :icon_scratch:
Read my reply :angry4: pointy projections :icon_scratch: granted something looks broken of, but it could have been were it thinned out. And I have seen pommels that shape, not saying it definitely is one , just throwing something into the pot, and not using the R word , but I'll bow to your superior knowledge :notworthy:
If you read the posters comments you would have spotted:
'it's pretty crusty and broken on three sides'
So because it's broken on all three sides, and we don't know how big the pieces were that are missing, we can discount all Ideas put forward, unless you make one.....your very condersending.
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken of 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
Oh well if you say so...it must be not ::)
maybe you know of pommels with two pointy projections coming from the end :icon_scratch:
Read my reply :angry4: pointy projections :icon_scratch: granted something looks broken of, but it could have been were it thinned out. And I have seen pommels that shape, not saying it definitely is one , just throwing something into the pot, and not using the R word , but I'll bow to your superior knowledge :notworthy:
If you read the posters comments you would have spotted:
'it's pretty crusty and broken on three sides'
So because it's broken on all three sides, and we don't know how big the pieces were that are missing, we can discount all Ideas put forward, unless you make one.....your very condersending.
Thats exactly it, we don't know the size & shaped of the missing pieces (which is why its a tough ID). But we both know what pommels look like. I tried to make a helpful comment & point out something you may not have noticed but once again you seen to take this personally, no idea why & start with the personal attacks. I will not be drawn in.
 
Upvote 0
Were was the personel attack :dontknow: you condersending, and I'm not the only one that thinks so, I said it looks a little like a pommel, you straight away said, I think we can discount pommel, to me that's condersending.....just put me on ignore.
 
Upvote 0
what is the "R" word?
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Crazy thread. :D

I'm guessing the broken thumb hold off of a gas light valve.

Not a bad suggestion I'm also thinking knob of sorts :icon_thumright: Crazy thread :D

Is it all brass or does it have pewter in the hollow portion?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
what is the "R" word?
It's forbiddin but here goes anyway (RUBBISH) :laughing7: ;D :D :wink: :thumbsup:
ouch
I know! It's like AWWWWWLLLLLLLLL did he say that I'm going to tell it! :laughing9:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
This thread is going to the all time most entertaining category. I love Tnet, a laugh a day.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
This thread is going to the all time most entertaining category. I love Tnet, a laugh a day.

Glad I could help! Lol! ;D

And I think someone asked, it does seem to have a different kind of metal inside, almost like it's broken off a bigger piece that was hollow. And there were two "points" on it, but we'll never know now will we.
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
CRUSADER said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
This thread is going to the all time most entertaining category. I love Tnet, a laugh a day.

Glad I could help! Lol! ;D

And I think someone asked, it does seem to have a different kind of metal inside, almost like it's broken off a bigger piece that was hollow. And there were two "points" on it, but we'll never know now will we.
A bit like this :icon_scratch:

SS
 

Attachments

  • SS.webp
    SS.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
And I think someone asked, it does seem to have a different kind of metal inside, almost like it's broken off a bigger piece that was hollow. And there were two "points" on it, but we'll never know now will we.
Yes I can see where it appears to be hollow. Possibly plugged up with dirt.

I guess the two "top" points are broken as well. :dontknow:

I wouldnt be surprised if somebody recognizes it and IDs it, as it has happened here before. Your post has gathered a lot of attention for a junk bucket remnant. If you have already IDed the site as 1600-1700 then I would imagine the better unbroken finds will be forthcoming.


ADDED clean the dirt out of it. You got nothing to lose.
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
CRUSADER said:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
This thread is going to the all time most entertaining category. I love Tnet, a laugh a day.

Glad I could help! Lol! ;D

And I think someone asked, it does seem to have a different kind of metal inside, almost like it's broken off a bigger piece that was hollow. And there were two "points" on it, but we'll never know now will we.

I'm just glad you kept your humour on this one, not sure if its our bubbling passion for the subject or human nature which causes so many butting of heads over a unidentified piece of metal. :coffee2:

To be honest I'm dangerous on these topics, as I really don't get offended by anyone, I've heard it all before at school (hard school long story), no-one can touch me now, I'm emotionally detached. :laughing7:

Anyway less of me & my condescending ways, lets just call it quits on the ID & put a green tick on it quickly.
Afterall, you may have achieve something greater than Tnet - the unsolvable magical crown, hole it & wear it with pride :wink: :D
 
Upvote 0
I agree chances are slim but nothing is unsolvable. It just hasnt been seen by the right person.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I agree chances are slim but nothing is unsolvable. It just hasnt been seen by the right person.
I agree BigC......the right person might nail it :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom