What's new

Tiny crown?

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little wedge shaped piece appears to have been broken off of something. It bear a crown shape on each side. It's approx. 3/4 of an inch wide. Any ideas would be great - I like these little mysteries now and again. :D
033.jpg
 
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
In this corner we have the champ IronPatch with his tight panties and in the other corner the challenger bigcypresshunter that claims to be constantly insulted by IP..... :director: :hello2:

round one ding :violent1:


Well I'm not sure who the naked one is, but it's definitely not my type of fight so you might have to start without me. :wink: Glad Cru ended round one.
Man you gotta give me a minute to arrange the post correctly, spelling etc.. Naked and clothed was one of the classics. My bad. I removed it in about 1 second lol so its obviouus you are sitting on the edge of your chair waiting to respond.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
In this corner we have the champ IronPatch with his tight panties and in the other corner the challenger bigcypresshunter that claims to be constantly insulted by IP..... :director: :hello2:

round one ding :violent1:
I removed it in about 1 second lol so its obviouus you are sitting on the edge of your chair waiting to respond.


Not at all. If you look I was far from being involved in just this thread, and that's not counting the 15 or so private messages I wrote.
 
Upvote 0
could be from The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada cap badge
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Marc(NB) said:
geez whiz guys! Now that IP panties are bunched up,were all gonna pay the price now :laughing7:
Remember IP it was a pull tab :laughing9: :tongue3:


Does your face still hurt? I hope so! :laughing9:

I was waiting for that hehe
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
I would drop it about the fragment before people really start to wonder about you...

I want to take this time to thank those members that sent me e-mails of support.

The What Is It forum was built on extraordinary IDs. In the years I have been here, I have seen amazing things. Members donate their time and hard research whether the item has value or not. The majority of TN members are polite and cordial. Thats what made this place so great.

Im no longer interested in helping here. Its just not worth the criticism.
 
Upvote 0
geo4472 said:
could be from The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada cap badge
Blackwatch_72.webp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Watch_(Royal_Highland_Regiment)_of_Canada

I can't see it belonging to The Black Watch.
Both from the look of their cap badge and that they formed in 1862. I think the 'tiny crown' looks a lot older.
Plus, as others have said, patterned both sides, doesn't lend itself to a cap badge.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think we need more pictures in order to ID item. I can't see the tiny crown :icon_scratch:

CRUSADER said:
Hunthicks said:
Junk it is! I just get interested in the oddest pieces of what not that stick out to me for no reason. :P My noobish eyes get excited when they see a crown, because those military pieces seem to avoid me!

I can see why you thought that, just seen too many crowns for them not to jump out at me. What bothers me, is I recognise it from something but can't put my finger on it :icon_scratch:

Been able to put your finger on it yet? :D
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
I think we need more pictures in order to ID item. I can't see the tiny crown :icon_scratch:

CRUSADER said:
Hunthicks said:
Junk it is! I just get interested in the oddest pieces of what not that stick out to me for no reason. :P My noobish eyes get excited when they see a crown, because those military pieces seem to avoid me!

I can see why you thought that, just seen too many crowns for them not to jump out at me. What bothers me, is I recognise it from something but can't put my finger on it :icon_scratch:

Been able to put your finger on it yet? :D

no I got distracted :D
 
Upvote 0
without better pics, I cannot even make an attempt.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok, ok BigC - I still agree with IP and Cru, that there's not much chance of an ID for this, but since you've asked for better pics multiple times and I suppose I have nothing better to do (Wait, I could be measuring and cutting baseboard and trim... :D) here are pics(not sure how much better :P) of both sides, and a bottom view. Now I'm gonna toss it in with all my other doflickys and try not start any more wars.....well, who knows, I might get bored later! ;D
007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
Ok, ok BigC - I still agree with IP and Cru, that there's not much chance of an ID for this, but since you've asked for better pics multiple times and I suppose I have nothing better to do (Wait, I could be measuring and cutting baseboard and trim... :D) here are pics(not sure how much better :P) of both sides, and a bottom view. Now I'm gonna toss it in with all my other doflickys and try not start any more wars.....well, who knows, I might get bored later! ;D
Im sorry Hunthicks but while I agree that there may not be much chance for an ID, you dont know that until you post the proper pics. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259110.0.html
In this case, after seeing the better pics, it appears that IP is correct.
I want to thank you for taking the time. Great pics BTW.

Its still an interesting item. Maybe you will get some positive comments toward identification. :icon_thumright: I dont think I can help.

BTW what kind of metal is it?

Where did you find it?

What are the age of other items found with it?
 
Upvote 0
BTW Hunthicks. I have better things I should be doing as well lol. But something about this hobby is addicting. Its a place where you can meet nice people, learn about history and keep the brain active. :D
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing it's brass or copper by the corrosion. It was found pretty much by itself to the edge of an iron patch that only produced a funky button, no coins to date that particular patch. Age on the area? Anywhere late 1600s on.
 
Upvote 0
It almost looks hollow. :dontknow:

It also looks as if it was sawed off.
 
Upvote 0
Crazy thread. :D

I'm guessing the broken thumb hold off of a gas light valve.
 

Attachments

  • gas valve.webp
    gas valve.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:)

Looks a little bit like a Pommel :) that would have a pattern back and front.

SS

I think we can discount pommel, as it looks to have two broken pieces from the top as well. At first I thought these broken off 'arms' might have joined together in a loop to create a kind of bottle opener shape :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom