TN Nor Cal day in the river

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I hope i am not offending anyone by starting this thread.
I am just started gold prospecting last year with my son. Man, did i catch a fever.
I have only been out panning 4 times. The places i have been are Bear River, Mineral Bar, Yankees Jim and Roaring Camp.
I now have a BGT and a Gold-N-Sand hand dredge that i can't wait to try out.
I would love to meet up with the people here on TN.
If one of these places would work for a Saturday group outing or if someone else knows of a good place please yell out ( no hot spots or personal spots are expected ) just a good open public spot.
Lets figure out if Jan 25th or Feb 8th works out for most , including the Bazooka crew.
Steve

Upvote 0

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome shineynoob, you might not want to refer to mining as a hobby here or your warm welcome will be short lived. Just trying to help.. Welcome to the bazooka family, I'm sure you guys will be very pleased with them. Cool of Chris to take care of you like that, he knows what's up!
GM had we known you were picking up your bgt Saturday you would have received an invite, aufisher, Goldwasher and I had our own lil get together going on at the creek literally five mins from the bazooka shop.. Always next time tho. Hope you guys have a great time and get some good gold on the 25th! Would love to join but have some plans in the works but hopefully many more TN nor cal days at the river to come

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would love to go out and tear it up with you guys!

Last edited:

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the future, I will refer to mining as something that I do when I'm not doing what I normally do which is not mining. I think I just confused myself... Honestly I couldn't think of a better word for it at the time... but I appreciate the advice, last thing I would want to do is offend anyone :)... In any case, I look forward to meeting some great people and putting in some work in God's country...

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ShineyNoob Plant The Seed..... and when your ready you have an open invitation to go out on my excursions. Also check out California TN Weekend thread for the April 5-6 Motherlode Miner's Bash (maybe we name it that).

GM

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would love to go out and tear it up with you guys!

Is that a yes? We are picking a spot this week. Do you have any experience at Mineral Bar or Yankee Jims?

GM

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been to both places once before. If I recall Mineral Bar is paved and Yankee Jims is dirt. Rode my motorcycle both times. Not too much experience at either. Would like to hit downstream from Mineral Bar some day!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am good with either spot and would like to plan to go. GM maybe we can ride share and split parking fee.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the water down I think that would be a good stretch of territory.... Did you mean Someday or Sunday?

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Been to both places once before. If I recall Mineral Bar is paved and Yankee Jims is dirt. Rode my motorcycle both times. Not too much experience at either. Would like to hit downstream from Mineral Bar some day!

Aufisher,
Glad that you are joining us. I've been to Yankee Jims once. Never been to Mineral Bar but I also would like to try out downstream from Mineral Bar. If GM and Alewis are ok with it why don't we pick there for our first TN day on the river. Maybe we can turn this into a monthly outing with different spots. Then all we need to do is pick a time to meet up. I think I am coming the farthest. Petaluma is about 2 1/2 hrs away. Wish I lived closer to gold.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you guys lock in a date? Thanks!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aufisher We can take my truck and split costs. I can swing by and pick you up. PM me with directions or address

Norcalsteve Wow Petaluma. My wife and I love Lawson's Landing. Used to put a trailer there during the summer on the breakwall. We will try to make this as valuable a day for you as possible. As Early a start as possible and move lots of good material.

ALewis ?

I will check previous posts for any info on the downstream

Madmarshall Any tips on downstream from Mineral Bar for the rookie crew are greatly appreciated!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The date as I know it is Saturday the 25th

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count me in for Sat!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Norcalsteve what time can you be there? Its a short drive for us compared to your drive. I like to get going as early as possible and and from what I know of Aufisher he gets up before the chickens go to bed. LOL

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Gents, its appears the Gods are smiling on me today... the wife has given her blessing... If you guys are still willing to have me along of course...

Ill bring my new BGT. GM, I have a 30" compact had sluice that weighs all of 3.5 lbs if you want me to bring it so you can use it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Norcalsteve what time can you be there? Its a short drive for us compared to your drive. I like to get going as early as possible and and from what I know of Aufisher he gets up before the chickens go to bed. LOL

GM I can be there anytime you want to go out. Just let me know.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sunrise is at 7:05am

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am thinking 7AM but no later than 8, at the Iowa Hill Rd Bridge ( Mineral Bar Campground) $10 to park. From what I have read It is good to go downstream at least a mile and I have not been on the trail but it could not take too long to pack in.

Aufisher what think you? 5:50 at your place. Where is your place

Norcalsteve that puts you leaving at 4:30 from Petuluma which probably won't be a problem for someone really feverish, LOL

ShineyNoob If you want to ride with us we can meet you at Sierra College BLVD and 80 in the Walmart lot. I will have my BGT so I will not need a sluice.

ALewis 7AM at the Mineral Campground if you are going. Were heading downstream unless your getting rich upstream.....

As always pack everything you will need. Weather should be somewhere near 32 on Sat morning

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread