TN Nor Cal day in the river

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I hope i am not offending anyone by starting this thread.
I am just started gold prospecting last year with my son. Man, did i catch a fever.
I have only been out panning 4 times. The places i have been are Bear River, Mineral Bar, Yankees Jim and Roaring Camp.
I now have a BGT and a Gold-N-Sand hand dredge that i can't wait to try out.
I would love to meet up with the people here on TN.
If one of these places would work for a Saturday group outing or if someone else knows of a good place please yell out ( no hot spots or personal spots are expected ) just a good open public spot.
Lets figure out if Jan 25th or Feb 8th works out for most , including the Bazooka crew.
Steve

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did make it home. It was great meeting Aufisher, Goldenmojo & Looking4goaled. The weather was incredible for January.
I love my bazooka! It took awhile to get it set up and I don't know if it was fully dialed in right ( angle and correct water flow ) as I had to continually push the rocks off the end with my shovel. But not classifying saved so much time and not to mention my back. I found a large boulder close to where I set up the BGT and I was sure there was a nugget or picker with my name on it under it. I think with all the digging I did that I just missed it by no more than an inch or maybe two. Lol
Its out there and I will find it ( and his big brother ). My phone will not post the pic I took of the gold i did find. Its probably just me. As soon as I figure that out I will post it. Thanks to the guys that were there and hopefully more days in the river will follow.
P.S. your welcome Mike.

Norcalsteve Glad you made it back safely and checked in with a pic....Nice take for your first time with the BGT and your goldfever is probably all gone now? I am hoping we can have another day next month so I can run my bazooka also.

P.S. you were very close to that big nugget......

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did make it home. It was great meeting Aufisher, Goldenmojo & Looking4goaled. The weather was incredible for January.
I love my bazooka! It took awhile to get it set up and I don't know if it was fully dialed in right ( angle and correct water flow ) as I had to continually push the rocks off the end with my shovel. But not classifying saved so much time and not to mention my back. I found a large boulder close to where I set up the BGT and I was sure there was a nugget or picker with my name on it under it. I think with all the digging I did that I just missed it by no more than an inch or maybe two. Lol
Its out there and I will find it ( and his big brother ). My phone will not post the pic I took of the gold i did find. Its probably just me. As soon as I figure that out I will post it. Thanks to the guys that were there and hopefully more days in the river will follow.
P.S. your welcome Mike.
Way to go Steve! Looks like your Bazooka likes to eat that North Fork gold!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh man - modern-day Argonauts, deep in the wilds of Motherlode canyons - it don't get no better than that !!!!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man oh man - modern-day Argonauts, deep in the wilds of Motherlode canyons - it don't get no better than that !!!!

You nailed it Fullpan. Would triple like that if I could! Still dreaming about walking down the gut of the river ran dry seeing what few ever get a chance to see!

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been to this area, are there restrictions on what type of hand tools and pry bars that can be used? Would like to make a trip up soon and trying to decide what to pack.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the rules state hands and pans although the cheif enforcer said sluices and hand tools ok. Heard they frown on pry bars and large hammers but have heard of no such enforcement. Clear as mud.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMAG1221.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread