What's new

todays shell stuff

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were making some heavy duty shell adze tools at this site. unfortunately I find mostly broken ones... which is normal but can get to be a downer. I found one whole piece that looks more like it would have done the work of a chisel. also got another fishing net weight.

ForumRunner_20121011_192109.webp



ForumRunner_20121011_192313.webp



ForumRunner_20121011_192429.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Checkout Peach State Arch they have a ID site for artifacts and it shows the weights with holes as being boiling stones. They look just like yours and that is why I didnt think they were net weights. They show it being different but I am not looking at Florida artifacts just Ga on that site, well they do have some Fl items. Its always nice to compare.
 
Will do
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom