Treasure Clue, can you help?

K

kb8uer

Hi all,
I have been thinking about pages 20 & 21 the spider.
There are 3 prime colors in nature aren't there. Red, Yellow, and Blue.
with Green being the result of mixing Yellow and Blue, and Black being the result of mixing all of them.
Could the code for that 5x5 be
Red,Yellow,Green,Blue,Black.
I know there the blank or tan spots but maybe they don't work into the puzzle.
If you read one of my last posts maybe page 88 tells you which links to use.
What do you think?

bigtd35

Apr 6, 2005
I too have been working on the Celtic knot pages. I believe that the colors are important as well as the number of each color in each knot. I have tried various ways to incorporate them in a grid but am coming up with gibberish. Just so everyone knows, I am in Jacksonville FL and am willing to help any1 look in this area. I still have a suspicion that a token is located in FL somewhere.

C

cegodsey

Lisa H - good catch. But, I already tried this and came up with nothing. But again, I was just using it on the center dots. Now that I've probably ruined the caterpillar hunt, I can turn my attention to the spider - that is - to solve it, not ruin it. Oh, remember that the snail's key was the circles in order from top to bottom, not in a logical order like many of us had assumed. So it is very likely that the colors won't be like the color wheel.

Sincerely,
Roy G Biv - the chainsaw guy.

J

jewels1301

Lisa H.,

If you make a color wheel out of a circle of cardboard and put some string through it so you can twist the string with the wheel, put the three primary colors on the wheel and spin it, I beleive when mixed, all of the colors are white not black. Black is the absence of color where white is the presence of color.

Bill

J

jewels1301

Looking at the 12 site, I see that four tokens are either found or seem to not be where they are supposed to be.? Does anyone know if there is a post that summarizes how or what method what used to determine the location of each token?? It may help, because if the same method was used for all four, MS stated that someone may find one token and maybe a few more, but, should not find them all using the same technique.? This would also help to eliminate pages, or parts of pages, that have been used and probably should not be used twice.

Bill

C

cegodsey

Bill, ya got it backwards. Kind of.

If you take crayons, the three primarys, and mix them all up, you'll get something close to black. Black in this case is the presence of all colors. White is the absence of all colors.

BUT, if you take the three primarys, in the form of spotlights, and shine them onto a wall in the same spot, you'll get white.

Ern.

PS - I think I left my chainsaw at the park.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Man they are going like hotcakes . Good morning all ! I have absolutely nothing . I do know i'm tired of waking up to see another critter gone .

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
Hey cegodsey, that is so funny, I was going to ask how many people you scared at the
concert. On the spider page, I think you would read it from right to left, as that is how the
line to the poem is written.

Luckypony

J

jewels1301

cegodsey,

I really don't want to be argumentative but you are the one who has it backwards, black is the asbence of all color and white is the presence of all color. As an example, take a prism and shine a white light light into it. You will see a rainbow of colors. If you still don't believe me, find a book as a last resort. Sorry to hear about your last token hunting trip. There aren't that many left anymore to hunt for anyway.

Bill

C

cegodsey

Bill,

What you are saying IS CORRECT with LIGHT. White light IS the presence of all colors. Black IS the absence of all colors.

That only works with light.

With color PIGMENTS it is just the opposite. Prove it to yourself. Get all your crayons and mix them together. You'll see that black will be the presence of all colors.

How did we get off on this and does it matter?

J

jewels1301

I know it may seem that way if you dabble in paint but what I said was correct. By the way, do you know how the Bee, Grasshopper, and Butterfly puzzles were solved so I don't waste time on any of the pictures? The tokens are going fast and we're discussing black and white!

Bill

C

caseys40

Hi Lisa, The answer to your question of the other pg for the beetle is 69. That is also the page that has the map of where to find the beetle in the Drop Cap box. (The big letter T with the Fairy in it. Hope this helps you out.

M

markl

Not ATT related but thought I'd share; We went to Starved Rock State Park in Illinois yesterday. Took the family out there for a day of trails and grilled hot dogs. My two boys took buckets with them to collect rocks. My oldest ended up finding a couple pottery shards and an animal tooth on an off-trail.

Beautiful day, nice to get away from what is becoming an obsession with this book.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Markl , Sounds like the perfect day glad you were able to get away with the family and enjoy it all. Sounds like this is what MS had in mind . Sounds like you found a jewel . Hope today will be token free as i'm tired of seeing them getting scooped up .

H

hoppperr

I can't believe I gave this guy my telephone numbers!

Attachments

• Ernie.jpg
    Ernie.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,407
E

Esme

hi all
i am in Northern Ca and I'm stuck on a certain page.......i have been enjoying all your post for a while but i became a member today.Hey what happen to Pancho where has he gone too.
Help
Esme

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread