What's new

Treasure Clue, can you help?

Simple code

On page 11, MS wrote that "The simple clues don't need any special knowledge to find or decipher."

One of the simplest codes is forming a message from all the "misspelled" words" by looking only at the extra letters and missing letters. There is an extra E in twel(e)ve (several locations). There is some agreement that an E is missing from on(e) on page 41. I have not read much discussion about the missing Y in (y)ou that appears in the message on pages 20-21.

What other letters are added/missing from the poem?
 
Ok, so it's cold and rainy in Houston today, and I left my darn book at work yesterday! So my treasure hunting is postponed until I can get up the energy to get to work, and pick it up. Fortunately, the weather is perfect for a little coffee shop and troving! ;)

I do agree with the previous posts saying thatyou do not need Photoshop and a scanner to solve this search. However, I do believe some of the puzzles would be easier to find with the tools made available to you in the software. Just my two cents there.

There has been some talk of the "table of contents Pook", I do believe you may be barking up the wrong tree there, pun intended! ;) That image appears in at least three places in the book, all in varying, or is that narying sizes. Unless the blades of grass around him are different in each picture, and I do believe that is not the case, then I think there is simply nothing. Of course, with the crystal Pook jewel now thrown into the fray, any image of Pook is a likely culprit of hiding the information needed to find it.

As for my critter search. I had a bit of trouble differentiating between the fireflies and dragonflies. However, I do believe that I found 2 of each, and neither set appeared on the same page. Interestingly enough, the spider and the snail appear as a pair in the same image. All the others are split up. This has to be significant, but I'm not sure how or why. Also, I have had NO luck with the caterpillar! I understand there may be one on the nomenclature page. Actually, I do believe I know where one of the caterpillars are, but I can't know for sure until I get my book back!!!

Now for a completely trivial question. Which particular piece would you like to make your own? The money grubber in me, of course, wants the spider. But I am personally intrigued by the historical nature of the grasshopper. Of course, the crystal Pook is the most poignant piece to have from this hunt. (i.e. You're not going to find a crystal pook jeweled piece anywhere other than this contest!) Again, just my two cents.
 
RE: ONE OR ON

Cal56 states: Also, as I discovered in the poem line "an even code withon piece nary." note the misspelling anagrams to "Even I cant decipher any now." which I think was a private joke of the author.

Further, he later says: 2. As noted above, the anagram of the line would not work out IF THE E HAD BEEN INCLUDED, so I think MJS left it out on purpose.

Granted, I don't believe this is necessarily important to solving the puzzle. However, the posts themselves are important, in as much as the result of the process that was used seems to have been accepted.? ???

It is an interesting theory. However, what difference would it have made to this theory, if MS meant for the word to be ON or ONE - obviously this has no effect on the above "anagram" as Cal56 has left out an O and another E from the original line. He could just have easily left out the E in ONE to make his "anagram" work. When you anagram a phrase with 25 letters you can't come up with an anagram result of 23 letters. This negates the premise that MS left off the E.

This also reinforces a previous post. Do not take anything thing as fact unless you have actually gone back and worked it out for yourself and are absolutely sure of what is being stated.

It is imperative to recheck anything you find on your own before building your entire search based on a false theory. Be careful not to try too hard to make the clues fit your ideas. If you are correct, the clues will naturally fit together.

Sorry, Cal? ;) it just seemed a good example to point out some things.
 
Pancho,
The Caterpillar is on pages 22 and 39. On page 22, the caterpillar is sitting on the curly end of the letter "D" in the fairy box. See it's little feet? On page 39, it is in the bottom left corner of the page, almost into the binder, and you can again identify it by its tiny little feet. Bonnie
 
Thanks Bonnie,

I just finished looking through the ENTIRE archive of this thread, and my eyes are a bit sore! ;) There are a couple of interesting tidbits I want to explore, but I was totally floored by the amount of crap that is on this board!

I'd wager that a good majority of it is simply folks trying too hard, but I still think there has been more than a fair share of misinformation intentionally posted. Let me just say again, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!

I'm gonna hop in the shower, and get into town to get my book! Happy hunting to all!!
 
About my post on Photoshop, i said that MS stated you didnt need any special tools to solve this puzzle, i didnt say you couldnt use them :) Sure Photoshop is proboably going to come in handy alot whenever you need to zoom in or layer images. Speaking of Photoshop, im going to layer the Dandelions or w/e they are and see what they spell, this might take me awile because of the complexity of it, but im going to try my best and see what i get :)

Register www.booksandhistory.tk for a treasures trove dicussion, Looking for Mods lemme know if your intrested
 
I'm new and haven't read all the posts in here but I was wondering if everyone knew that there is also a doth jewel ??? If ya'll did sorry ... So glad to see I'm not the only one completely taken with this book!

​
​
​
​
Kris
 
Hey all,

New to posting here, but have been lurking for a few days. I am delighted by all of the people who have decided to engage in this hunt and help each other.

I am posting because, and not to get anyones hopes up, I think I have found with about 95 percent certainty the name of a city where one of the tokens resides.

It is not spelled out directly in the book, but the clues leave me little room for debate.

My challenge: The city I have found is too far from where I live. So, if anyone in the Northern Central part of the country is interested in a collaboration, let me know.
 
Bonnie,
So glad you found the book and I hope it helps! I spent most of the day working on the Nomenclature page... it is very difficult but I think I have most of it. Yes, it does seem to rhyme with the next page ( the... no digging or prying just reach inside...page). I'll be interested to see if anyone finds a better method and can get a clear text. You really need young eyes, and those I don't have!

Saoirse
Good pickup! I do apologize - I wasn't trying to mislead anyone, I just couldn't read my own writing! How about this...(the punctuation is mine)

Woe! Even I cannot decipher any!

My real point was and is - I believe MJS wants his readers not to take everything at face value. He seems to love riddles within riddles. I don't play chess but he does, so I imagine he's plotted in great detail the system one must use to solve this book. But he does like to give some HINTS along the way, and just maybe some of the "mistakes" in grammer, spelling, or punctuation are red flags that we should examine further. That's why I was anagramming lines of the poem, especially ones that sound funny or forced.

So, good hunting, everyone.
PS - I'm not a "he." :)
 
ghost said:
Hey all,

New to posting here, but have been lurking for a few days.? I am delighted by all of the people who have decided to engage in this hunt and help each other.

I am posting because, and not to get anyones hopes up, I think I have found with about 95 percent certainty the name of a city where one of the tokens resides.?

It is not spelled out directly in the book, but the clues leave me little room for debate.

My challenge:? The city I have found is too far from where I live.? So, if anyone in the Northern Central part of the country is interested in a collaboration, let me know.

Hey I live in Kansas is that far enough?
Isabella
 
New here with a Question

I just got my book a week ago and I just passed an article from a jet guy. Who is this guy? He says that he has found the tokens and he has pictures of them. Could someone please tell me if he's for real or not? Don't want to be wasting my time on something that's not going to happen. Thanks all
 
Bella - JET is a JERK! He has found NOTHING! This is not the first treasure hunt he has pulled this on. He lurks on all the sites and uses different names; however, it never takes too long to spot him.

Never believe that anyone has found anything unless you read it on A Treasures Trove official web site. I've seen many others that believe they have solved a large percent of the puzzle - it's irrelevant - until 100% of all of the puzzles have been solved and the people that solve them actually go to the hiding place and retrieve the token - then call the number on the back with in 30 days of finding it - you still have a chance!

I personally believe it will be several months before anyone actually finds anything - and even then, that won't solve the rest of the puzzles leading to the others.

Hey, Cal56, sorry about that :-[. I was thinking Cal=Calvin (there is a Calvin on tweleve.com). See how easy it is to misinterpret things or make the wrong assumptions. I can't anagram or cipher well either, that's why I try to redo all the things that show up - basically it's for practice and to see if I can figure out how it was done. Some of these posts get complicated, as did the companion book. I like the new anagram -? Woe! Even I cannot decipher any! Now that would be me... :)
 
Sorry for repating this but is there somthing hidden on the front cover of the Nomenclature book? Ive tried so hard to cross my eyes and see sumthing or even look at it from diffrent angles, i have come up with nothing, but yet sumthing keeps telling me there is a clue on that book cover!!!! If anyone knows what it says can you tell me so i dont drive myself insane and end up crosseyed for the rest of my life!!!!!!!

Visit www.booksandhistory.tk and talk treasure trove along
 
Milkanz and Everyone

Glad you asked. I had a breakthrough on this page TODAY!!! I had it partially done last week, but redid it today.

Yes, the Nomenclature cover is covered with words from top to bottom. It creates four more lines to the Poem. You need to enlarge it to page size, try to improve the contrast and despeckle it if you have a photoshop program, then print it out. After that the real fun begins. The only way I have "solved " this page is to literally darken in all the dark areas and watch for discernable letters.
HINT; Look carefully with a magnifying glass at the page before starting to darken it and think about examples in the companion book!
First word is "systems," and the last word is Stadther, of course
Good luck!!! It only took me 14 hours of work. It is a very important page but only indirectly.l
Chris
 
CAL, i know this took you a while but do you think you could please share what the message says, im quite busy with work and cropping these dandelions to do the nomeclature page also :( Please share

Visit www.booksandhistory.tk for treasure trove discussion
 
pancho_semplice said:
LitDoc,


?Also, let's be clear about something, it's not "an even code with one piece" it's "an even code with ON piece". ?Look at the e's in even, code and piece and you'll agree, there is no e after on. ?And no, I don't believe that is "the one that you are missing". ?But I could be totally wrong.



I have a different take on this. I don't see it as " AN EVEN CODE WITH ONE PIECE NARY" or "AN EVEN CODE WITHON PIECE NARY". What I see is "AN EVEN CODE WITHON 1 PIECE NARY". The letter people assume is an e or is nothing, is truly a number one. Take another look and tell me if I'm wrong.
 
A possible discovery

No, I didn't find one of the tokens, but I think I now know how they are being hidden in their sanctuaries.

You'll note that the poem states, hidden well, no eye can see. ?That would lead me to believe that you cannot see them unless you look at them. ?You'll also notice that the token in the book has a small hole in it.

Well, Saturday afternoon, I followed a hunch I had about a possible hiding place for one of the tokens. ?Nothing pointed me in the direction except for general ideas I've been having. ?However, I went out in the rain, and explored the area.

Before I continue, I must say that if you have similar hunches, FOLLOW THEM!! ?While I did not find a token, I did get a real thrill just being in the hunt! ?I was also pretty tired and glum that day, and it lifted my spirits as well. ?Just a little suggestion.

Anyway, I was looking around this area, and kept asking myself, "If it's here, where would it be?" ?Then I realized that the hole has to be on the token in order to attach it to something. ?In this case, I was looking in the knotholes of a tree. ?I firmly believe that this is at least one way the tokens are hidden. ?I would also wager that the hole and method of attachment is what keeps these tokens in or on their respective hiding places.

I purchased my second copy of the book this past weekend, and plan on totally dissecting the first copy; it's already been cut to pieces, might as well finish the job! ;)

Happy hunting to all, and welcome to all the new hunters. ?I'll close with another reminder to follow up with everything you read. ?There is a lot of misinformation that has been posted, and you need to decide for yourself what is real, and what is misdirection.
 
HELLO ALL , ON PG. 16 THE POEM READS BELOW SKYS AND ABOVE EARTH BE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THE NO. 9 IN THE TREE AFTER THE D IN AND? ALSO I DONT SEE AN S BEFORE THE A. WHEN I LOOK THROUGH 3-D GLASSES IT LOOKS LIKE A C. ANY IDEAS?
 
CMSCHUT,

I don't believe there is anything to the two trees on each end of the bottom. I believe it simply says AND. There is, however, a pretty compelling argument to it being SANDS instead of AND. I have noticed that many of the puzzles seem to start their phrases in different locations on the page. In this case, it would appear the you are "supposed" to start at the ladybug (upper right corner) and proceed all the way around to her again.

Still, in other puzzles, there is no insect to be found, or a phrase that has not been started there. It goes back to using your own judgement in how you discern the solutions. Misinformation abounds, and it is entirely possible that we are all going on false information that someone else posted to lead us astray.

Of course, I have posted the same material, but I am also questioning just about every thing in the poem, including the liklihood of missing lines that have not yet been reported on or discovered.

I am going to take an inventory of the poem lines and critters, and compare the two sets of information to see if there are any linearities. i.e. Does the presence of a critter lead you to a certain wording of a phrase, and/or is there a pattern in the beginnings of phrases on each page.

Thanks again Bonnie for the info on the caterpillars and ants. I have the whole collection now. Now if I can only figure out what their locations mean! ;)

Also, one last point to throw out there. There has been talk about the Dragonfly's glasses on the inside front cover. There has been a claim that he does not appear anywhere else in the book with the glasses. However, after a quick look at a the front cover and the picture where all the critters are meeting around the Linden Stump, you will note that he is wearing glasses in both images. Of course, it is the same image superimposed on the front cover, but he/she does don the glasses nonetheless.

Also, has anyone found it to be noteworthy that Spider does not make an appearance on the front cover with the rest of the critter crew? ???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom