What's new

Treasure Clue, can you help?

There is a new puzzle at the ATT official site. It's a color puzzle. I don't get it. Does anyone else?
 
So I guess the moterator zapped Jets Post since LAST NIGHT. The only good thing about his post is his description let me find some of the hidden creatures that I didn't see before. But he was off because with his locations because from what I remember hearing is that at least one token was at least a days drive from anywhere in the continental U.S. and his closest one to L.A. area in California was Upper state Oregon and Utah none within a days drive.
 
Time does seem to be an important clue, noon and midnight are mentioned more than once! of course that 12 o`clock either way hmmm... what could it mean? any ideas? 8)
 
raven said:
So I guess the moterator zapped Jets Post since LAST NIGHT.
I took a poll this morning. my Email was Unanimous, to remove it ;D
 
Darn it... went to church and missed it. So anyone want to clue me in as a newbie, why this Jet guy gets deleted? Is he profane or nasty to people? What's the lowdown? Remember I just came into this whole puzzle thing yesterday and know nothing about anyone. Thanks

Pete
 
Dear CMSCHUT, I posted this poem already but, in Edgar Allen Poe's poem entitled Fariy-Land, on of the lines says "About tweleve by the moon-dial". It may have no significance at all but is a very perplexing poem. If anyone in this forum has an English or Literature major or minor LOL could you please dissect and translate this poem. Here it is:
"Dim vales?and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again?again?again-
Every moment of the night-
Forever changing places-
And they put out the star-light
With the breath from their pale faces.
About twelve by the moon-dial,
One more filmy than the rest
(A kind which, upon trial,
They have found to be the best)
Comes down?still down?and down,
With its centre on the crown
Of a mountain's eminence,
While its wide circumference
In easy drapery falls
Over hamlets, over halls,
Wherever they may be-
O'er the strange woods?o'er the sea-
Over spirits on the wing-
Over every drowsy thing-
And buries them up quite
In a labyrinth of light-
And then, how deep!?O, deep!
Is the passion of their sleep.
In the morning they arise,
And their moony covering
Is soaring in the skies,
With the tempests as they toss,
Like?almost anything-
Or a yellow Albatross.
They use that moon no more
For the same end as before-
Videlicet, a tent-
Which I think extravagant:
Its atomies, however,
Into a shower dissever,
Of which those butterflies
Of Earth, who seek the skies,
And so come down again,
(Never-contented things!)
Have brought a specimen
Upon their quivering wings.

THE END

---Nolan

P.S. Gonemad, try not to delve that deeply into the book, the answer may lie right in front of you.
 
GoneMad--not a dumb truck driver! That decoding is brilliant. I wish I knew what it meant, but I will pass it on to a decoder who might make some sense of it. I'll get back to you.

FlyingDoctor--Jet seems to be a phony. That whole "solution" was posted earlier on this forum (look waaay back), and it has been posted on other forums as well. We will be happy to tell you where the 24 confirmed (by multiple people) hidden creatures are. Jet was off on some of their locations, and way off on a lot more important things also. We agreed with the moderator that his posting should be deleted because it confused a lot of new people the last time it was posted here.

By the way, I have heard other theories that one of the original 12 tokens is not anywhere in California, but the new one (Pook) might be. If anyone looks back at the early posting of Jet's grand discoveries of all the tokens, let me know which cities he said they were in. That might be something worth discussing. I'll look around also.

I'll look for some more information on that theory.
 
Hi, a newbie here.
I have been working on the puzzle for a little while.? Unfortunately, I stayed up way too late last night reading Jet's comments, and had to get up way too early this morning.
I had seen Jet's comments before but what about those token photos that were linked? Bogus?? ::)

Anyway I have a question for all has anyone considered those numbers to not be zip codes but LONGITUDE/LATITUDE? degrees???
I really can't see all the numbers so I don't have a zipcode.? Maybe I haven't had enough sleep, since getting this book or maybe as my mother used to say MAYBE I can't see the FOREST for the trees. :D

Thanks,
Rosie
 
Hello! First time posting, wanted to share a thought and get others opinion...on page 41, in the line of the poem abot ..."one piece nary" I also thought it might be saying...en code with one piece YARN. I read about a way of sending msgs by taking a piece of string and, using a key word, tying knots in the string at intervals to tell you where the letters are. It can then be stretched out to tell the person you're sending the message to how to decode. The adjacent page (40) also makes reference to the string. ???Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, and I'm new to this, so I wanted to share and see what you guys thought. Thanks also for all of everyones postings, it really helped me so far to see what I would not have on my own! I would not have gotten much of the poem on my own!
Katie
 
kjb, that's a great idea. It may have something to do with the celtic knot formation in the border of page 20-21. Gonemad- I wasn't able to find any letters in that binary code.

---Nolan
 
Michael Stadther is online live at 12gems.com

right now, 4 eastern time in chat.
 
Hey everybody we're new here and not sure how everything quite works. We r working hard on this book but need as much help as we can get!!!!! o and we were reading a little bit and we were interested in poncho- did u return from ur trip yet? Did u find anything? ???
 
HI. I was wondering about a few things in the book. First of all, I couldn't find anything on page nineteen, with Zac and Pook surrounded by tools. Next on page thirty six there are a few fairies surrounding a large picture of Ana. Because there have been a few pictures with borders in which I haven't found any words or phrases, does that mean that every single one of these pages does not mean something. At first I was almost positive that all pages had some sort of word.

Something else I was wondering about were the picutes because some of them have the words either Stadther 03, or Stadther 01. I might be wrong that these words mean something but is it possible that it could. One last thing is on the foreward. On the lower part of the tree it says MS 99. I can't think of what the ninety nine could come from. Thanks please reply soon...
 
I haven't heard about last nights posts although I read it what do the brains in this puzzle think about it because I know there are some bright people in this forum. Just would like some feedback. Last I checked nothing has been found. Is this still true? Thanks!
 
I'm another new poster on this site, but have been working on the puzzle for quite a while. Many of you have helped me, so maybe something in here will help you:

1. The "5 to a side" puzzle has been discussed many times. I had an idea that proved to be interesting I looked at a US map to see how many states had 5 states surrounding them. Believe it or not, there are EXACTLY 13 states with 5 other states around them (if I did it right) - 5 to a side:

Arizona - Has Ironwood Forest National Monument; has zacana cactus (zac ana); state insect is honeybee

Arkansas - Capital is Little Rock; state flower is apple blossom (on teacup on page 41?) State insect is two-tailed swallowtail butterfy

Georgia - State tree is live oak; flower is cherokee rose (on teacup on page 41?) State insects are honeybee and tiger swallowtail butterfly

Illinois - State tree is white oak; state insect is monarch butterfly

Massachusetts - State tree is elm; state insect is ladybug

Nebraska - State flower is goldenrod (on teacup on page 41?) State insect is honeybee

Nevada - Rising sun motto on page 41; shape of cracker on 41; no state insect

New York - State tree is sugar maple; state insect is ladybug

Ohio - Rising sun on flour box on page 41; Buckeye state; state insect is ladybug

Pennsylvania - Beehive state; bee is one of the jewels; beeswax on page 29; honeycomb pattern on nomenclature book; state insect is firefly

Virginia - Dogwood is state tree and state flower; flower on teacup on page 41? State insect is tiger swallowtail butterfly; zip codes for VA have previously been posted

West Virginia - State tree is sugar maple; state insect is monarch butterfly

BUT, two other states have interesting state insects: NH is ladybug and TN is firefly and ladybug

2. I was interested in the cawcats, tam-o'jacks and grubinmoles mentioned on pages 16-17 and 102. A google search returns a reply for only one: CAW is Campaign for America's Wilderness. Their current home page says: "Wild...For How Long? TWELVE REASURES IN TROUBLE" Most of the 12 areas mentioned are west of the Mississippi, so I'm not sure this means much. Haven't read their website yet.

3. The red bug on the fron cover, just right of Pook's nose (and, again on the inside cover) is NOT a ladybug. What is this?

Zuse
 
Ok, I'm back! ?;D

Quite a bit of new posters in the hunt over the weekend! ?Welcome to all, may one of us be the one to find a token!

I would also like to really caution everyone one this forum. ?What you are finding is WONDERFUL! ?And I we are all having a good time participating in this hunt. ?However, please watch what you post out on the forum. ?You may be wrong about something, but the approach you take may unlock something for someone else's search. ?I'm all for the comraderie and helping of others, but I am not going to compromise my own search to do so. ?Nor should you. ?

I just wanted to get this all clear with everyone because I do not want someone to essentially give away their token in an honest effort to help others. ?Let's keep this going, we are certainly moving forward, and I am continually amazed at the insight of others in this search. ?Good luck to all!
 
Welcome back Pancho! MS was scheduled for a live chat on 12gems.com, but after waiting two hours, I lost my connection. I am trying again. More later.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom