Treasure Clue, can you help?

H

hoppperr

Hi all. I'm glad to see so many recent posts! I don't get e-mail notifications from this site anymore when new replies are posted, so just dropped by to check it out and it made my morning.

Tracie--it hasn't been that hot here this summer, so far, which is very unusual. We've had a few scorchers, but we actually had rain in June. Here it is July, when temps usually climb to the three digits, and we're still getting what they call the "Delta Breeze" at night, which cools things off. We have a Doughboy (above-ground) pool to jump in when it's 108, so that's a help with the little ones.

Salkns--I actually got those same letters once and then couldn't get them again, so maybe it means something.

Ernie--Tell Kim we'll stick to e-mail so you can stay on for the next one. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Lucid--Bring back Pook soon!

Everyone else--Hang in and let's get the last two tokens for us TreasureNetters. Then, on to Booger.

Peggy

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Hi everyone. After most of the tokens have been found, I kind of gave up on this. I guess I'm not smart enough to do this. At any rate, I still am looking for beetle and pook - isn't it funny that pook - the 13th treasure - may be the last to be found?

Since pook was an "afterthought", I wonder if the solution for him might be different.

What do we know about pook? He's a doth - half dog and half moth. He's aftraid of the dark. Moths are drawn to light. Quite a few pictures of him in the book show only three legs - not half but not whole.

I do agree that if we try another treasure hunt, I'd like to see this site better organized. We had a lot of great ideas along the way. There was a lot of research done.

At any rate, I'm still planning on plugging along.

Zuse

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
cegodsey said:
that's ok.? I respond to cegadsey as well.? I didn't actually notice that you had misspelled it.? I'm so use to Bass intentionally misspelling it that I've become accustomed to the error.? I guess that's bad, 'cause it makes me wonder how many possible solutions I have overlooked because I just didn't see them.

How did you get 8 characters out of 5 pairs of wraps?? I got TEXAH or GEXAS. (Never quite what I wanted at the same time).? TEXAH is some sort of poker game, by the way.

As to the blocks, I'm starting to think along the lines of the letters.? Maybe not using a 5x5? :o

I started with the vines on the left that don't exactlt wrap, but do overlap the border. I counted by overlaps as opposed to wraps. I got
1,1 A
1,3 C
3,1 K
2,2 G
1,1 A
4,1 P
1,5 E
4,1 P

I brought the bottom P up to the top and got PACKGAPE, E to the front is EPACKGAP, P to the front is PEPACKGA, etc. I got zip for the outside and inside borders. They are tricky too, because of the extra little vine bump at the corners. I've tried with them, without them, forwards, backwards, starting over and shifting...NADA!!

Lucidious

Mar 14, 2005
Peggy, Carol and Tracie... Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the info Peggy. I'll be off this weekend as long as my partner doesn't flake on me lol. Can't wait to get over there.

Zuse, yes the Pook puzzle is a bit different but not much. There are more than 2 pages involved. Also there is a total of 4 clues for Pook.

I have a great lead on the Beetle so we'll see how it turns out. It definitely pertains to the Companion book.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Lucid , I hope you find pook and can't wait for the news . Let us know as soon as you can the good news . Don't stop with pook . Nab the beetle on the way and make history . We are all behind you and wish you the best . HH, carol

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Salkns , yes you heard correct , Booger is coming in sept. 06 . I hope we can get a few people to organize this more better , but without the other stuff. Any volunteers ? Get with the head guys and sort it out . Thanks for the nice words you wrote . We still have 2 left and i'm counting on Lucid to bring home the pook and anything else he can find . Back to BOOGER. I hope everyone will be back on the new adventure. carol

C

cegodsey

When it comes out, we can get Jeff of PA to set up the forum like tweleve and 12gems.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Ernie , Marc says ok to the idea . So now you just have to get working on it . LOL I put the new picture of the book at the gallery , so check it out .

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
I OBVIOUSLY missed a few posts in trying to catch up...

GO GET IT LUCID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be happy to help organize for "Booger" as well if any help is needed. Just let me know what I can do, or if suggestions are welcome I had a few ideas. Again, just let me know...
Have an AWESOME evening all!!

C

cegodsey

Become a mod? wouldn't that be a hoot. No, too much power in my hands is a bad thing. Now, a model would be more my style. I have bigger pects than most women's, um, well, and mine are floppy, too!

Noticed that things have dropped to a halt over at ATT. Few new threads. Few new posts to the old threads. They do have a littlerichgirl that claimed to have the beetle, and now claims to have the spider. I need to link her to my avatar, and maybe she'll rethink that statement. There's only room for one token prankster around here!

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Hey Ernie , maybe not a mod we are ready have those , but i was thinking along the lines of setting things up a bit more organized , no what i mean . I don't really . I think you could figure it out . I do hope you come back as it wouldn't be the same without ya. I was reading her sarcastic posts yesterday and i think you'd do her some good . Break out the chainsaw .

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Lucidious - Good luck on the beetle! Would you be willing to tell us what section of the country you think it is in? I still have an idea about it being in the northern VA area, but I haven't been able to nail it down after all of this time. Of course, CA is also a real possibility.

I think it would be great to start another treasure hunt. There are about a dozen or so great posters on this site that I'd love to keep working with. Everyone has been so nice.

Has the location of the spider been confirmed?

Zuse

T

Trapape

Good Luck Lucidious!!!!!!
I hope that your trip proves worthwhile. Glad to see that your brain is in gear with not only pook but with the beetle. i know that I speak for many when I say that we want to be the first to know.

I hope that the Booger hunt will be as fun as this one has been and I can't wait to find out.

Tracie

Lucidious

Mar 14, 2005
Thanks guys. When I said I had lead on the Beetle I meant on how to work the puzzle. Haven't really came up with too much since then. Anyway, I'm off Friday morning to get Pook. If all goes well, I will have token in hand by Friday night.

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
you can usually catch Omni in the chat room, but he might be absent with the hurricane and all.

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

C

cegodsey

Hurricane? There's a hurricane?

I got in touch with him. Turns out he's in Florida, not Georgia. Anybody from Georgia here? I think the solution to the beetle points there, in the Yosemite National Forest. It's at Trail Head C. Or something that starts with C. What I got was YOSEMITE NF GA TRL HD C. Got it from matching the woodgrains to the vine wraps. I don't have it right in front of me, but you end up with extra vine wraps, so you throw some out. I think maybe I should get a ticket to Atlanta, then rent a car and drive from there. Any newbies that wanna help me out?

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
YOSEMITE NF GA TRL HD C

Sure it is not Yosemite NF Ca? The TRL HD could be the trail you take up Half Dome. Remember, thousands of people pass by daily.... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread