Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard/read anything recent about the effect of ibuprofen vs covid19 ?---Last I read it was uncertain

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I understand at this time, ibuprofen may lower the body immune response, not a fact. Anything that lowers our self defense is of course not good to fight off a virus. Smoking, alcohol abuse would be 2 that lowers our self defense systems. This is what ive read- im not a doctor

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johns Hopkins University has sent this detailed note on avoiding the contagion:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, good post flyadive!
Also, take shoes off outside or right inside the door, leave them there!
Cough phlegm spital & sputum, eventually fall to the floor.
They can be picked up on shoes, tracked through homes.
(we're being told this, in S.Fl.)

Thanks for the vinegar info, I can now use it for weed control, again,
instead of saving it for cleaning. I run it through my coffee pot,
cleans it, then dump it into the sprayer. (Also, can pour some on a papertowel,
use it to wipe glass & other surfaces to remove hard water stains)
That organic hand weed pulling I been doing, is getting to the ole back... :laughing7:

weedkiller.jpg

*note: some weeds are tougher to kill, than others.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea AARC I haven't seen gas that high in eons . 99 cents here in central Va , but it is 5 miles to the station.. one dozen fresh brown eggs are just across the field at the hen house and almost free for the taking.
I give away about 6 dozen eggs a week to the elderly and less fortunate in my area.
this county does not have a grocery store , the store is 18 miles in another county.
no T.P IN WEEKS and the frozen foods are slim pickings . but lots of fresh produce and meats available.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, good post flyadive!
Also, take shoes off outside or right inside the door, leave them there!
Cough phlegm spital & sputum, eventually fall to the floor.
They can be picked up on shoes, tracked through homes.
(we're being told this, in S.Fl.)

Thanks for the vinegar info, I can now use it for weed control, again,
instead of saving it for cleaning. I run it through my coffee pot,
cleans it, then dump it into the sprayer. (Also, can pour some on a papertowel,
use it to wipe glass & other surfaces to remove hard water stains)
That organic hand weed pulling I been doing, is getting to the ole back... :laughing7:

View attachment 1815548

*note: some weeds are tougher to kill, than others.
have you tried your weed killer without the Epsom salt? epsom salt is a fertilizer ,I use it around my tomato's and peppers every year. the dawn and vinegar I can see killing plants though.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you tried your weed killer without the Epsom salt? epsom salt is a fertilizer ,I use it around my tomato's and peppers every year. the dawn and vinegar I can see killing plants though.
I use the Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) for my palm trees, too.

I've thought of using just plain table salt, it seems Epsom works about as well.
Maybe because the amount used, better/cheaper to use Epsom, than regular salt... :dontknow:
never put too much thought into it, but, there ya go... :laughing7:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Just heard on Tucker Hydroxychloroquine aka Plaquenil
is being used by people in the know as a prophylactic .

Which Tells me they know it works, and are hoarding it

Jeff,

While I enjoy a lot of your posts, I have to disagree with this because this isn't helpful.

Tucker Carlson can put whomever he chooses on his Fox “Opinion” show and they can say whatever they want, whether it’s based on facts or not. This includes conspiracy nuts. Reports like this led an Arizona couple to take aquarium cleaner because it contained chloroquine phosphate. One of them died, the other was in critical condition.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...aking-form-of-chloroquine-to-prevent-covid-19

To date there haven’t been any clinical trials completed that have determined the efficacy of chloroquine or hydoxychloroquine as preventive medicines or treatments for COVID-19 and they have not been approved by the FDA for those uses. If there was a definitive link, ethical, conscientious people in the know (e.g. healthcare workers) would be spreading the news far and wide. Instead, we’ve heard anecdotal reports that chloroquine and related drugs may be helpful.

Tucker also had Lt. Gov. of Texas, Dan Patrick, telling the audience that older people would choose to die, so that the younger generation can enjoy life… which completely ignores the facts that taking no precautions against coronavirus would: 1) overwhelm our healthcare system causing millions of needless, preventable deaths; 2) most of the elderly would likely disagree; and 3) younger, healthy people are dying from this as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...wn-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

I don’t watch Tucker but whenever something on his show is the subject of another new report, I get out the antiemetic or salt shaker.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

While I enjoy a lot of your posts, I have to disagree with this because this isn't helpful.

Tucker Carlson can put whomever he chooses on his Fox “Opinion” show and they can say whatever they want, whether it’s based on facts or not. This includes conspiracy nuts. Reports like this led an Arizona couple to take aquarium cleaner because it contained chloroquine phosphate. One of them died, the other was in critical condition.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...aking-form-of-chloroquine-to-prevent-covid-19

To date there haven’t been any clinical trials completed that have determined the efficacy of chloroquine or hydoxychloroquine as preventive medicines or treatments for COVID-19 and they have not been approved by the FDA for those uses. If there was a definitive link, ethical, conscientious people in the know (e.g. healthcare workers) would be spreading the news far and wide. Instead, we’ve heard anecdotal reports that chloroquine and related drugs may be helpful.

Tucker also had Lt. Gov. of Texas, Dan Patrick, telling the audience that older people would choose to die, so that the younger generation can enjoy life… which completely ignores the facts that taking no precautions against coronavirus would: 1) overwhelm our healthcare system causing millions of needless, preventable deaths; 2) most of the elderly would likely disagree; and 3) younger, healthy people are dying from this as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...wn-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

I don’t watch Tucker but whenever something on his show is the subject of another new report, I get out the antiemetic or salt shaker.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean You are Wrong !
Hannity Followed up With a Doctor. There is/was A Trial of Several Dieing Patients. I Think they Said New York.
& That Cuomo was Given a supply For the Tests It was a Combo of Plaquenil & Something Else & All but 1 Showed Almost Immediate Improvement .
& were out of Danger.
The other 1 Improved But wasn't out of Danger at That Time yet
He said those odds of almost 100% are Unheard of in Tests .

Yes It is Working & Is almost Definitely a Cure, But they won't prescribe it unless Asked.
Laws

Doctors Need to Prescribe it Though, Because your System & What other Drugs you have in you Matter.

& He said the same, Many Elite are taking it as a prophylactic.

I Can't go into the Politics in this Thread, But we all Know what's going on here.

But make sure Someone in your Family Knows to Insist on chloroquine If you catch it & Can't ask on your Own.

As for the Moron Who Self Medicated on Fish Aquarium Cleaner, What can I Say ? :icon_scratch: If it actually Happened, That's just one Less Arse on Earth imo :coffee2:

If you needed Penicillin, & You saw Penicillin Listed in the Contents of Draino Would you Chug some ?

Seriously Place Blame where it Belongs & Not out of Misguided Hate !

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listens guys/gals, ya'll need to watch this video.
This is main reason this keeps spreading like it is.

It should let you even if you're not on fb.
I asked him to put it on yt, but it's not up there yet.

Some of the newest info about how this is spreading.
Watch the first video, where the guy is sneezing through the mask.
Hashem Al-Ghaili, cites sources in his pinned notes, too.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ScienceNaturePage/posts/?ref=page_internal

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Trails no, but multiple patients have used it and it saved their lives. Below is just one case, have read of others.

Hydroxychloroquine, a prescription drug that’s been used to treat malaria for decades and auto-immune diseases like lupus saves Florida man's life.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florida-man-with-coronavirus-says-drug-touted-by-trump-saved-his-life/

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kantuckkeean You are Wrong !
Hannity Followed up With a Doctor. There is/was A Trial of Several Dieing Patients. I Think they Said New York.
& That Cuomo was Given a supply For the Tests It was a Combo of Plaquenil & Something Else & All but 1 Showed Almost Immediate Improvement .
& were out of Danger.
The other 1 Improved But wasn't out of Danger at That Time yet
He said those odds of almost 100% are Unheard of in Tests .

Yes It is Working & Is almost Definitely a Cure, But they won't prescribe it unless Asked.
Laws

Doctors Need to Prescribe it Though, Because your System & What other Drugs you have in you Matter.

& He said the same, Many Elite are taking it as a prophylactic.

I Can't go into the Politics in this Thread, But we all Know what's going on here.

But make sure Someone in your Family Knows to Insist on chloroquine If you catch it & Can't ask on your Own.

As for the Moron Who Self Medicated on Fish Aquarium Cleaner, What can I Say ? :icon_scratch: If it actually Happened, That's just one Less Arse on Earth imo :coffee2:

If you needed Penicillin, & You saw Penicillin Listed in the Contents of Draino Would you Chug some ?

Seriously Place Blame where it Belongs & Not out of Misguided Hate !

Jeff,

I wasn’t disagreeing with you that some doctors and pharmacists are apparently holding some chloroquine drugs back because of the anecdotal reports that it appears to possibly help some cases.

I was just disputing whether or not it is KNOWN to be effective. At this point, IT IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT KNOWN TO BE, "...Working & Is almost Definitely a Cure..." as you state. There haven't been enough trials to determine that. But yes... if any family members of mine get sick, yes, I would ask about whether or not they’d qualify for ongoing clinical trials…

As of March 26:

Two drugs touted as possible treatments for COVID-19 can no longer be prescribed for people who want them just in case they get sick.
An executive order issued by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo this week limits prescriptions of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to COVID-19 patients in state-approved clinical trials, and for FDA-approved uses as an antimalarial or autoimmune treatment, and then only for a 14-day supply with no refills.”

Further down in the article:

However, results of a small study in Shanghai published this week did not show significant difference in outcomes between COVID-19 patients who received hydroxychloroquine and a control group that did not. The study’s researchers called for a much larger study for more definitive findings. A small French study with no control group reported more promising results using higher doses for a longer period.”

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-drugs-1.43453088

I'm not placing blame or anything out of "misguided hate". I'm not sure where you got that. I'm just looking for facts.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trails no, but multiple patients have used it and it saved their lives. Below is just one case, have read of others.

Hydroxychloroquine, a prescription drug that’s been used to treat malaria for decades and auto-immune diseases like lupus saves Florida man's life.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florida-man-with-coronavirus-says-drug-touted-by-trump-saved-his-life/

That's just another anecdotal case. Many people that were sick from COVID-19 did not take hydroxychloroquine and survived as well. One case proves nothing. Clinical trials are needed.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is I am glad the FDA is fast tracking the promising medicines quickly. This is not something you want to get to have immunity to if that is even possible.
My brother took malaria pills when in the Marines. He said he would gladly take them again if he got sick. People are desperate and we were never prepared for this one.
We were not prepared for the swine flu either not so many years ago.
Everyone stay safe.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

I wasn’t disagreeing with you that some doctors and pharmacists are apparently holding some chloroquine drugs back because of the anecdotal reports that it appears to possibly help some cases.

I was just disputing whether or not it is KNOWN to be effective. At this point, IT IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT KNOWN TO BE, "...Working & Is almost Definitely a Cure..." as you state. There haven't been enough trials to determine that. But yes... if any family members of mine get sick, yes, I would ask about whether or not they’d qualify for ongoing clinical trials…

As of March 26:

Two drugs touted as possible treatments for COVID-19 can no longer be prescribed for people who want them just in case they get sick.
An executive order issued by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo this week limits prescriptions of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to COVID-19 patients in state-approved clinical trials, and for FDA-approved uses as an antimalarial or autoimmune treatment, and then only for a 14-day supply with no refills.”

Further down in the article:

However, results of a small study in Shanghai published this week did not show significant difference in outcomes between COVID-19 patients who received hydroxychloroquine and a control group that did not. The study’s researchers called for a much larger study for more definitive findings. A small French study with no control group reported more promising results using higher doses for a longer period.”

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-drugs-1.43453088

I'm not placing blame or anything out of "misguided hate". I'm not sure where you got that. I'm just looking for facts.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

like I said, I Can't Comment on the "misguided hate" Issue Here, As it may be Considered Politics,
So would the Cuomo Issue Be.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea AARC I haven't seen gas that high in eons . 99 cents here in central Va , but it is 5 miles to the station.. one dozen fresh brown eggs are just across the field at the hen house and almost free for the taking.
I give away about 6 dozen eggs a week to the elderly and less fortunate in my area.
this county does not have a grocery store , the store is 18 miles in another county.
no T.P IN WEEKS and the frozen foods are slim pickings . but lots of fresh produce and meats available.

Hmmm "lots of fresh produce"... well then... your TP problem may be solved.

Lettuce may work wonders instead... almost like a "moist wipe" :)

PS... IF you do try it... please post results :P

heh

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just another anecdotal case. Many people that were sick from COVID-19 did not take hydroxychloroquine and survived as well. One case proves nothing. Clinical trials are needed.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Fact is he was on his death bed, told by doctors there was nothing more they could do for him and wife and kids were called in so he could say goodbye. It is what saved him... Studies have shown its successful in treating SARS another coronavirus and a very close relative of Covid19. You can bet if I am in hospital with Covid19 I will demand I be given the drug with instructions to my wife if they refuse she is to sue the hospital for millions.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hmmm "lots of fresh produce"... well then... your TP problem may be solved.

Lettuce may work wonders instead... almost like a "moist wipe" :)

PS... IF you do try it... please post results :P

heh
ARC
I did they threw my out of the store !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread