Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my young and stupid days I use to jump and dive off of bridges and towers, use to go climbing in mountains in Colorado by myself before there were cell phones, in the early 70s had a neighbor who had his pilot license who would take my roommate and I up in plane and do stalls while we had a buzz on, he was sober. I use to swim across lakes by myself that had gators. When your young you think your invincible and dont think about what might happen.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said it's not bad, I said odds of being one of 327 million Americans to die from covid-19 is low.

As of today Total cases in USA: 163,539. Total deaths: 2,860, current odds of death if infected is 0.01748818324681%

Life is too short to sit around and worry about dying from covid.

Um...Iā€™m no math expert, but your off by a factor of 100.

Its 1.9% as of yesterday.

I heard itā€™s 86% infected have mild symptoms..14% require hospitalization...nearly 2 people out of 100 people testing positive die. Of those, most have age or underlying conditions...some are healthy young people.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a graph a local is putting together. He uses a simple model of doing daily projections of the last two days of data. He says we are currently at a death rate doubling every 2.74 days. IF we can maintain a death doubling rate of 5 days throughout the month of April, he estimates we can limit the total death to 200,000.

Things need to change dramatically soon.

9EE19A28-D428-45C9-B847-3FA156FCD3E5.jpeg

Couple days old projection..
C462231A-E285-453E-8DE0-5E302D45E1FD.jpeg

He projected 2954 deaths on the 30th...we are at 3170...
Understand this is changing daily and beyond a couple days the projection becomes iffy

6 days ago, he projected 3000 deaths for the 30th, so heā€™s no far off for the short term.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter... Dying from stress takes most of your adult life to achieve...thatā€™s WORLDS different than someoneā€™s 80 year old parents dying in the next 30-60 days even though they were relatively healthy for their age.

Stupid people taking stupid risks..thatā€™s preventable. Itā€™s apparent that we are able to prevent a massive number of innocent people from dying by simply changing our behavior. Again I think that if we were not short on masks, our government would be urging EVERYONE to wear them in public and around people. I predict we are going to to see a request for a massive volunteer effort to make the best masks we can with the materials we have available.

I saw a video where coffee filters were supposedly great filters for this purpose.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bwahahahahahaha :laughing7:

We have city treated water.
The neighbor did have a well, it's been capped off for a decade or more.
Water smells & taste like sulfur! Can't drink it, unless it's heavily treated.
Stop in the middle of the Reservation rest stop on Alligator Alley, between Naples & Ft. Laud,
when you go into the bathrooms/showers, you'll smell what I mean. :laughing7:

I used to travel Alligator Alley every day, twice a day - dunno if it's the same one but, I would think it would be. I don't remember the actual Highway number as It was way too many sleepy times ago. I worked out of Green Acres. Did pre-wire cable TV installs for new apartment buildings.

Never had to stop and really didn't want to.

Wow! That was back in '77 and '78. Hmm... Let's see, where did I live??? Oh yeah, West Palm Beach. That was a fun two years!!
-DH-

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my young and stupid days I use to jump and dive off of bridges and towers, use to go climbing in mountains in Colorado by myself before there were cell phones, in the early 70s had a neighbor who had his pilot license who would take my roommate and I up in plane and do stalls while we had a buzz on, he was sober. I use to swim across lakes by myself that had gators. When your young you think your invincible and dont think about what might happen.

I use to swim across the inter-coastal waterway... through the current... multiple times a week... prolly 1/2 mile swim there and back.

Was the closest soda vending machine.

The way back was hardest.

Found out "Lipton iced tea" doesn't float. (no carbonation)

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home brewed iced tea with just the right amount of sugar

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So people from Florida were worried about those New Yorkers. Here on the west just saw two cars with New York plates. Unusual to see those around here.

Our county just issued an order that non-residents with second homes are not allowed to reside here unless they isolate for 14 days. Wonder what authority that falls under? Public health officer mandate..with no reference to legal authority. It does say the sheriff can enforce it.

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the mother of a nurse I will say one thing - stay home! If you don't care about the odds being in your favor or not you don't have the right to kill other people just because you don't want to stay home. When you get sick enough to go to the hospital it is those people that will try to help you and their odds of getting the virus are much higher than the common person. They are getting sick and dying becasue of your decisions! You staying home is the only chance the hospital workers have of staying safe! They have loved ones that want them to come home too!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Stalls are an amazing experience. Being weightless it's like you can kiss the sky.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I am not alone when I say that the level of confidence in "readiness" is nil...
and what we have all been feeling all along has been... a false sense of security.
We have all had that wakeup ZEN realization moment.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many people from New York drove down here to escape the city. They are supposed to stay in their residence self isolating 14 days. Reality is they all stopped at grocery stores & Wall Marts to stock up and complain that supplies are short. I don't hate anyone but if I did I would start with New Yorkers! BTW I appreciate how they always tell us locals how to do everything the "right" way.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st mistake, believing they would quarantine, when they already told to do so,
and didn't.
I told you all, they'll go to 6 different stores, to NOT find what they need.
Then be back out again, probably everyday, until they do.
It is what it is, Protect yourself!

Here's from the briefing on tv right now, part I thought mattered.
We've been discussing boat ramp closures in CM section. I'll c&p.
Not a political post, an informative post, that is all.

"Well, Mark Esper just announced we got a major
narco watch operation happening in the western hemisphere & eastern Caribbean.

Gen. Mark Milley thank those in Miami Fl., who is heading this,
I'm sure all the forces of our Naval services are being expended, and more.

AG Barr is putting everyone on notice, DON'T be attempting to breach our borders!
That makes it pretty clear, why we have all those troops on the Southern border, as well.
Just heard Barr say, they KNOW where the traffickers are, at any time of night or day.
We just didn't have the man power to stop them.

So, somethings going down on the waters, here.
Maybe little, Dad & son, Mom & Pop fishermans, will be allowed
passage to get them fish on the rivers, lakes, etc... but will have to walk.
No boating, for a reason, atm..."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stalls are an amazing experience. Being weightless it's like you can kiss the sky.

Not sure of proper terminology, but basically we would climb till plane couldnt climb any higher, it was the coming to a complete stop while in about 45 degree angle as the plane shutters, stalls before it rolls over and goes into a dive to recover that was scary and exciting at same time.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
had a convo about national lockdown, isolation and quarantine
checking around found this a heavy read but interesting

Public Health Service Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Health_Service_Act#Contents

searching the the federal government's quarantine authority
got me these links

legal authorities for public health orders
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

specific laws and regulations
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/specificlawsregulations.html

if your interested in the latest stats
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

and a 20 second mask
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=making+a+face+mask+in+20+seconds

stay safe and look out for each other

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay off the planes

I think I had the virus and recovered. I caught it on a plane flight from Europe. Symptoms started the 17 of February. I went to the ER with terrible cough and chest pain a few days after it started. 4 ER visits total. The first symptoms were like a cold, the next day the cough began. Nasopharyngeal swab test one month after the cough started tested negative for COVID-19. The test results took 13 days from the state lab. 45 days later I still have the cough. Worst cough I ever had in my life. I'm going to see if I can get the blood test for COVID-19. I have been through 17 bottles of cough medicine and a few prescriptions too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-viral_cough

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How COVID-19 kills you.

This is an excellent video explaining just why this virus is SO deadly.
Please share it!!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't it self-explanatory? The whole world is facing what may very well end up being the greatest catastrophe in human history. If there is even a remote possibility that this woman is doing what she certainly appears to be doing, don't you think as many people as possible should see it and become aware?

If people are intentionally trying to spread the virus, then they should be arrested and charged with the appropriate crimes. However, the title of your post is alarmist and not accurate. The title of your post implies there's a coordinated effort on the part of the Chinese ("...THROUGHOUT U.S." Really?). This is one case... one woman. While the woman appears to be Asian, she is not identified and perhaps not Chinese. We're already seeing a spike in hate crimes against Asians and garbage like your post just leads to more innocent people becoming victims of misguided hate. That is why you shouldn't post crap like that. The woman in the video could have mental health issues. Why didn't you also point out the fact that there have been several stupid Americans deliberately coughing on other people, groceries, etc.?

If there was a dislike button, I'd definitely click it for your posts... and I'd honestly be pleased if it was deleted by a mod...

Kantuck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread