Two Draped Bust and one Braided Hair Large Cent with the usual buttons.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I got out this afternoon to the Church Field for another two hour hunt. Kinda slow going now but the finds are still showing up. The 1840 Braided Hair Large Cent was the first good find to show up. This is only my second and a half Braided Hair. The buttons and other things came kinda here and there.
To get to the Church field I park on the bottom edge of another field and walk across it. About 75 Yards. As it always seems to always happen, I was walking back to my truck, swinging as I go, and I get a screamer 42 on my Minelab. Draped Bust Large Cent #1 and about two feet away another screamer 42! Draped Bust #2!
This is the first time that I have dug more than two coppers in one hunt:headbang:

VPR

Attachments

• 002_1_6.JPG
    002_1_6.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 128
  • 005_1_2.JPG
    005_1_2.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 007_1_4.JPG
    007_1_4.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 010_1_2.JPG
    010_1_2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 018_1_3.JPG
    018_1_3.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 020_1_3.JPG
    020_1_3.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 022_1_4.JPG
    022_1_4.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 10
I should add that one Draped Bust Cent is an 1800 80/79 variety. The other one I dont see a date.

VPR

wow, look at you ripping it up! Nice haul on the large cents. I've only had one three-copper day, and they certainly weren't as nice as these. Seems like matron heads are more common then braided hairs.

Sweet finds. LOOOOVE the large cents.

Great pieces of Early American History! Nice Save!

Wow......Killer coins......I have been digging lots of flat buttons but can't buy a descent coin......those are incredible. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Wish I could find some old coins again...Nice saves!

nice copper day! congrats!

Congrats on the LC's!!! Its an amazing sound when you come across another good signal after just digging a good signal. Your fingers are always crossed hoping its another one. :thumbsup:

SWEET cooper day!! And buttons to boot, doesnt get any better.. HH

Thanks for the replies!! I have been messing arround with the dateless Draped Bust. I can make out the last digit in the date now. The digit is a "0" so I am guessing that I found an 1800 Large Cent pocket spill:headbang:

VPR

that's the way to do it Packrat :o Great feeling , triple LC day !!

Very nice! A multi-copper day is a day well spent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back