What's new

Two ring night one is Gold

lostlugnut

Greenie
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my fourth time using my excal II and with the storms that were rolling off the gulf over the weekend I thought I would go have a look. Wow the beach is gone. I walked into the water about three feet and was up to my thighs. There was a nice trough about seven feet wide and I started working it to see what there was to see. First two hits were pull tabs. Third hit was a 10k ring that looks like it has amethyst and maybe two small diamonds or cz's. Four feet away was the other ring. I dont know if it is silver but it is non magnetic. We shall see when I get a chance to clean it. Then came the cookie coin. Turns out it was a copper penny that was about two sheets of notebook paper thick.

I hit the end of the trough and the June grass (seaweed) started giving signals. I hit the wet sand and found a spoon, pennies, a key, and a dime.

All in all but I am no longer cherry in the gold dept.

EDIT: Upon further research I believe the diamonds to be real. On the inside of the ring are the following markings 10K and on the other side are Cw... Please let me know if I am wrong. The diamonds are only about 1.5 mm wide and all the stones look amazingly clear.

ForumRunner_20120614_015508.webp



ForumRunner_20120614_015522.webp



ForumRunner_20120614_015531.webp


ForumRunner_20120614_015542.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good start, well done and congratulation!!
 
Once you crack that gold barrier, they're easier to find for some reason. It took me months to get my first one... but now it's almost a daily occurance. My current average is a gold or platinum every 2.5 hunts.
 
That's really good hunting! The amethyst ring is very pretty :headbang:

I'm quite sure that the ring in the second pic is silver...sure looks to be silver.


Lorraine
 
You got the gold,your hooted for life,welcome to tnet.Nice ring.:occasion14:
 
WTG ON THE GOLD - OTHER LOOKS LIKE SILVER
WOULD KEEP AN I OUT FOR MORE TROUGHS :thumb_up:
 
I looked at the ring in the second pic a little closer this morning and I think it is pewter. It is bent into an oval and I went to scratch the crusties off the inside with a brass key and it had a dull wavy gray like a lead weight does when you scrape it. It has a mark 103 very deep and bold and then next to it it has what looks like 925. It just seems way to soft. But I have been known to be before ???

Here is a question for the brain trust here. What is the best way to clean this up to see for sure.
 
Nice ring, happiness is finding gold especially if has diamonds or other precious stones. Congrats.
Like your find!!
 
Congrats! the 925 would indicate silver.

Easiest cleaning for me: A small piece of aluminum foil...set the wet ring sprinkle a bit of salt and wrap up tightly. If you are impatient you can squeeze the package and if it's silver it'll heat up noticeably. Next, place in a small bowl and pour hot water to just cover. You can sniff the process (if you wish..ugh) and silver will give off a rotten egg smell.

After an hour or two. Wash off the black stuff gently with soap...and polish up the silver with baking soda.
 
skip the tin foil method, i have had much beter results with electrolsis, all it takes is bending a piece of stainless silverware, 2 gator clips and an old cell charger. The silver comes out looking brand new after a short time. I spent a ton of time trying other methods, and am not going back.
 
nice job getting the gold DAD happy fathers day
 
srry wrong guy but nice find thow
 
the better 1/2 is going to love that one,fine day at the beach and good luck with your new weapon
 
My two favorite color tones are gold and silver! It's nice when you can find them both during the same hunt. Sweetness.....:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom