What's new

What is this? How old could this be?

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
I am attaching a couple images of an artifact (possibly) that I would like your help,with. This was found in Illinois-was likely once in a river and I have been told it may be from the Paleo era. I am showing both sides-the front and the back. I have included a couple of different images, I would appreciate your honest opinion on what you think it may be. The edges appear to be worked, and is also unifaced. There is not a lot of flaking on the front side either due to the fact that it is a low quality Stone or the fact that it was a flake that was modified.




Personally, I do not think it is a natural chip of the stone-what do you think?




If you could provide with your honest opinions, I would be extremely appreciative.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    551 KB · Views: 128
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    391.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    495.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    527.7 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
yep another expedient scraper with a little graver spur
keep looking you will get a good one soon........you have an area with potential
 
Good call Steve! Graver for sure.
 
Nice flake tool. Not every person will see them as tools. In this site we see the tiny worked edges and see tools not every site will tell you it is a tool some will just say flakes if they dont look close. Thanks for the show of it, rock
 
I consider that a nice find. Can't see any one denying that's a scraper.
 
Thanks Rock
I have found that the experts in this forum better review the item posted rather than passing it off as a flake, debitage, etc. Just by reading the posts I have learned a LOT. Thanks to you and everyone that has helped me with my post.
 
Steve hit it on the head for sure:thumbsup:Nice find
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom