What was the very first thing you ever found?

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
A penny, Kitty Hawk motel beachfront. Was only a 1989 but I acted like I had found DB Coopers lost money. ;D

Everyone thought I was nuts but I was happy all day long.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
A ball of aluminum foil in the back yard. From where someone had a picnic I guess. It was
about 4" deep. It was a cheap Radio Shack machine in early 80's. I then practiced and found
some nice coins and relics(like a radiator ornament off a RIO car),I still have it.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flat-head screwdriver in decent shape. I still use it from time to time.

BillyC

Jan 28, 2008
With my Radio Shack model it was a dime in my back yard. My X Terra 70 found a quarter 1st.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I found a quarter at 5 inches, a dime at 3 inches, a nickel at inches, & a penney at 6 inches,
in my clad garden LOL
seriously the first thing I found was a straight razor in my front yard

Sniffer

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
:-\

It was the mid 70s using one of my fathers detectors, I have no idea what I might have found.

I was prolly killing time while he seriously detected.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Pull Tab. I have it glued to a plank.

That's a good way to keep at least one of 'em from ending up underneath your searchcoil again. ;)

I can't remember exactly what my first target was, but I'm certain it wasn't a coin. I started hunting in my own yard in Virginia where I grew up. Got a handfull of wheats, one V nickel, and a silver dime by the time I finally worked the yard out.

-Buckleboy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
The first thing I found this time around was a 2001 badly corroded Lincoln Penny.

The first thing I found in 84 when I first started hunting was a tooth off of a backhoe bucket with a Quarter embedded into the tooth! It was a strange find and I will never forget it.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing I found was that I had stepped in dog crap :o. Actually, when dad bought me my first detector in 1977 or so, I took the White's Coinmaster IV to my old grade school, Holling Heights Elementary in Millard, NE, and my guess is, found alot of junk. But then the coins started to show up and I was hooked.

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND A NAIL...I DONT KNOW HOW IT GOT ON THIS SIDE OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE THE HEAD OF THE NAIL WAS ON THE WRONG END IT CLEARLY HAD TO BE FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE..........................................LOL
THEN A PENNY AND COUPLE DIMES
THEN MY FIRST AND ONLY BUFFALO NICKEL
BEST FIND TO DATE IS A TOSS UP BETWEEN
GOLD PLATED AMETHYST AND A 1408 AD COIN

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Gosh first thing I ever found lol

My pop had a old wooden dectector don't remember the brand other than large and red. The botoom coil area was square. mmmmm wonder what happen to that thing. Anyway I took it out and found a boat anchor in the river bank, Think the machine was heavier than the anchor I had to be about 8 then

MichiganJason

Apr 20, 2007
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher Coinstrike Minelab Xterra 50 Minelab Quattro
My first find was a 1943 Mercury dime. I found it in the side yard of my parents house the first day my brother got his Garrett GTA 1000 in about 1995.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread