What was the very first thing you ever found?

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Mike!
I hope she's doing well after the surgery. You're right, family comes first. But the day will come when you can head out there.

As for my first find(s)... My very first find was a bent rusty nail - out where they'd torn down the garage (it was leaning on the neighbor's fence lol). I had to get through the broken glass to get to it.

Same day, I found a canning jar lid - one of those white glass things - with a very corroded zinc liner still glommed on to it. I think the kids had swiped the jelly jar and finished it off out under the lilacs or something. No lilacs anymore, but still.

And more bent rusty nails. :P

HH
Nan

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
mike63 said:
just curious what was the very first thing you ever found the first day you got your detector?...and what was your reaction :o
Though it happened in 1980, I'll never forget it. A 1936 Walking Liberty Half in Mint condition dropped between the sidewalk curb edge and the grass strip. I was so elated that I walked over to a limousine that was parked just a few feet away and showed the half to the driver who didn't seem to give a .... one way or another. Later at home, I had the half in my hands while in the bathroom (don't ask!) and I dropped it. Put a dent on the edge. Bummer!

Silver Fox

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
stanjam said:
I found a screw off top to a bottle. I thought: "Well, the detector works." Then I found a porous gray rock. I thought: "Great, the detector finds rocks!" I still don't know why the rock registers. It is lightweight, gray, and has lots of pockmarks.
oddly enough my detector has picked up rocks in my yard. i have no idea either. ???

my first time when i went hunting in my side yard i found a metal rod and a rusty screw... :-\
the first interesting thing i found was a fishing sinker at a lake/pond? in a park.

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 1987 with a TR Whites. I didn't have a clue how to use the discrimination features and dug -everything-. So, out in a grassy parkway in my apartment complex (at the time) my first REAL find was a 24k gold mans wedding band. It had an inscription "more today than yesterday" OH YEAH! It wasn't kidding. I did the honest thing and put a 'lost and found' note on the community bulletin board. Years passed. Never had any claimers....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions