What was the very first thing you ever found?

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
My first find was a a 4 or so inch piece of copper pipe, about 5 inches deep, that was probably leftover from the construction of the appartments I lived in at the time.

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 1972 nickel about 5 inches out the front door. Then i found about 35 more cents and went to bed. It was 7:30 Christmas morning and I had just got home from working a 13 hr night shift. Still have the nickel, wife says shes goin to frame it :laughing11: HH BIGHEAD

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
Fisher said:
My first find was a Lincoln cent in my side yard. I remember thinking...WOW, this is only the beginning. I also remember what my wife said when I showed off my first find. She said "Wow, now you only need to find 84,999 more to pay for your MD!" :(
exactly what mine said when I bought the clasic III. She still hates my hobby. I use "dual purpose" head phones :thumbsup:

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
Nonsequitur said:
I found that in my haste and excitement to start hunting with my very own new M.D. that I had forgotten to put in the batteries.
I just did that last Monday,after spending the whole day telling the kids that they need to get out on their bikes :tard:

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I found a screw off top to a bottle. I thought: "Well, the detector works." Then I found a porous gray rock. I thought: "Great, the detector finds rocks!" I still don't know why the rock registers. It is lightweight, gray, and has lots of pockmarks.

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was crazy, kinda like a cache. i bought a house next to a car wash in a small town. My wife bought me a detector from fingerhut, woo hoo, well a year later i got it out and went to my back yard. in short i stumbled upon a coin cache of $890. The man that owned the carwash would scrape the grates in the floor ,into the bucket of his tractor and dump behind my house and his property. The car wash has been there since the early 50's. the dump site was 6 to 7 foot deep in an area 40 ' long by 15 wide. psssst, i didn't get it all.

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
1943 - P JEFFERSON NICKLE
1938 LINCOLN CENT
AND THATS ALL. THAT WAS 6 1/2 YEARS AGO NOW.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
The first ever find i made was most probably foil

how did i feel..........after digging enough cans,tabs,foil,and junk to make one wanna throw in the towel with frustration...then i found a penny and my whole outlooked instantly.

Shawn

OP
OP
mike63

mike63

Jan 1, 2008
se florida
if nothing else..when i get my ace250 i'm sure to find a sense of adventure! thanks for all the great stories!

knfmn

Greenie
Feb 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax
With a friends detector, a twisted up piece of metal down the street that I still have. Also with his at a beach my first money, 45 cents in clad. With mine another 35 cents in clad. I'm loving it. Pretty soon I'm going to be finding enough to pay for batteries! ::)

Kristopher

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike63 said:
if nothing else..when i get my ace250 i'm sure to find a sense of adventure! thanks for all the great stories!
You don't have a detector yet?! You started this thread back in January, whatcha waiting for?

dewinwa

Apr 23, 2008
Naples, Italy
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a bunch of nails 2 keys and a styrofoam big mac container in my back yard last week. Just getting started in se Ct near new london.

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Years ago when i first started M.D.ing i had an
old Fisher that looked kind of like a mine
detector. I found a bunch of foil, bottle
caps,a few pennies,a large Canadian cent
and the brass from a 10 gauge shotgun
shell with a live primer in it. I was using a
boning knife to dig with and was lucky i didnt
blow my fingers off. Jim.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
The very first thing I ever found was a pull tab. That was the last time I was ever excited about a pull tab. Then, about 2 hours later, I went to the front yard and found an Indian Head penny. Used up all my luck the first day!!!

~Tom

OP
OP
mike63

mike63

Jan 1, 2008
se florida
wife had surgery that set us back a bit but i hope to have a m/d soon untill then i have you guy's stories thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread