What's in a Name?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been here on TNet since the beginning.
I've talked to many wonderful folks here over the years and only a few have I met personally.

Most of us have strange or unusual forum monikers.

So what is your moniker about, anything special or just randomness ?

Mine, BC1969.
My nickname is BigCountry to those who know me and I was born in 1969!

Have a great day!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No hidden meanings in mine.

Though my true first name is Charles. Last name begins with "P". Live in NY.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Big Country! I’ve been here a while too…since 2003. My monicker is Rmeav8r, that’s for my former profession as an Army Aviator for over 26 years.

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is obvious to those in my area, but won't mean much to people not from these parts lol. In my part of Northampton County Pennsylvania, many of the little towns like mine were all started by immigrants who came here from Wales, Germany, and Italy to work the quarries and slate industry. There are still one or two operating slate quarries here, but for decades there were dozens of them. So now my area is heavy in old quarries that are now filled with beautiful aqua-blue water. If you ever saw the quarry diver videos on YouTube that's where I'm at. People come from all over to trespass and dive the quarries, and every summer there are more than a few accidents and issues. So...my part of northern Northampton County is known as The Slate Belt. And I dig things in more way than one. Hence SlateBeltDigger it is.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is obvious to those in my area, but won't mean much to people not from these parts lol. In my part of Northampton County Pennsylvania, many of the little towns like mine were all started by immigrants who came here from Wales, Germany, and Italy to work the quarries and slate industry. There are still one or two operating slate quarries here, but for decades there were dozens of them. So now my area is heavy in old quarries that are now filled with beautiful aqua-blue water. If you ever saw the quarry diver videos on YouTube that's where I'm at. People come from all over to trespass and dive the quarries, and every summer there are more than a few accidents and issues. So...my part of northern Northampton County is known as The Slate Belt. And I dig things in more way than one. Hence SlateBeltDigger it is.

I would be in Fossil hunting heaven then!

I'm smack dab in the center of the Michigan basin!
The oldest fossils on the planet are found here.. however most of them turn to dust when you touch them, simply because they are so old that they are decayed.

Fossils found in slate..wow!
Fish, leaves, all sorts of things!

Thanks for sharing!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Self explanatory. Detecting, hunting, trapping, fishing, coin collecting, CRH. My wife said I had too many hobbies, and that became my username on a few forums.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live within walking distance to a Chesapeake Bay beach that is my access to Miocene fossil deposits. Most fossil hunters look for Megalodon shark teeth because they are impressive and large specimens although there are species that are more rare - such as extinct giant threshers. I'm fortunate to still be healthy enough to hike the beaches over and under and around fallen trees to the best Miocene deposits.

I first saw the Calvert Cliffs on a research cruise in 1978 while in grad school. My advisor saw me admiring the Cliffs from the deck early in the morning as the sunrise illuminated them. I told him that I found the Cliffs beautiful and somehow calling me. He told me about finding fossil shark teeth at their base. We've lived along the shores now for over 41 years and still enjoy fossil hunts on the beach.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have bi-lateral Meniere's Disease, which basically fubar's the
functions of your inner ear. It is evil, and when in the mood it
can make life really suck.

When prospecting, you're constantly up and down, bending over,
digging, and then standing back up, repeatedly. That makes me
dizzieranhell. Did a lot of prospecting until my two prospecting
partners up and died on me, and now I haven't been out for a
couple years.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crashbandicoot is just a cartoon character that I happen to like.I ran across one once that had Crash making a well known gesture and the caption said,"I got your hand signal right here buddy"!I liked that.Dizzy,sorry to hear about your buddies,I,ve lost about all of mine too to one thing or another.Since I,m a bit of a weird guy and they were too we has a good time together.Weird,s kind of hard to find.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Susan. From Minnesota. Catchy, isn’t it?

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Crashbandicoot is just a cartoon character that I happen to like.I ran across one once that had Crash making a well known gesture and the caption said,"I got your hand signal right here buddy"!I liked that.Dizzy,sorry to hear about your buddies,I,ve lost about all of mine too to one thing or another.Since I,m a bit of a weird guy and they were too we has a good time together.Weird,s kind of hard to find.

I'm an old school gamer too..I know crash bandicoot!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I have bi-lateral Meniere's Disease, which basically fubar's the
functions of your inner ear. It is evil, and when in the mood it
can make life really suck.

When prospecting, you're constantly up and down, bending over,
digging, and then standing back up, repeatedly. That makes me
dizzieranhell. Did a lot of prospecting until my two prospecting
partners up and died on me, and now I haven't been out for a
couple years.

I'm sorry.
That sounds horrible.

The ringing in my ears is so severe now, that I can't hear the natural sounds outside, like crickets and such.
Can't hear much of anything.
24-7..BUZZ!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is Backoftheboat and I don't own the boat my brother does, so I get the back of the boat to fish from, but it also proves I'm the intelligent brother because I just have to fish while he runs the trolling motor and all. Plus I'm the better fisherman because I can catch fish in water he has already fished. LOL

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is an obvious reference to the song "Free Bird", done by my favorite band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

DSC09143 (2).JPG

photo.jpeg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a firefighter for 30years. I tried many combinations of the firefighter screen name until I accidentally added an extra f in the middle of the name and it was accepted. I have been using it on every site I go to.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Honest and my middle name is Samuel, name after one of my grandfathers,, both sets of grandparents came from the great country of Ireland.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live near Todds Point, IL. An extinct town from the last half of the 1800's located in Shelby Co. The "town" is gone but there are still 4 or 5 houses there. I hunt 6 or 7 properties there that used to have log cabins on them and are now ag fields and pastures. Gary

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Pepper is a remembrance for our first black cat and the J is for Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread