Whats the significance of your selected profile name?

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Got mine because I'm not "Ron, the good looking yet humble mailman", another guy at our office.
When asked by online friends "just how ugly are you?" I reply, I don't scare little kids or anything but Hallie Berry ain't knockin at my door either.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine comes from my work as a union ironworker, I place rebar and someone over the years came up with the nickname Rodbuster for those of us that do it. The numbers after my name is my area code.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I served as a grunt with the 101st Airborne division which is called the screaming eagles.

Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellows, I love anything to do outdoors, fish, hunt big game, scuba dive...oh yea, metal detect old logging sites...Gary

fmfdoc

Mar 14, 2014
Mc David, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I entered adulthood, by joining the military. My handle is what I did: Fleet Marine Force Corpsman. All the Marines called me "doc" because I was their hands-on, front-line medical aid!! I keep it (fmfdoc), because I deeply respect the job they did/do, and I feel VERY honored that they considered me 'one of their own" (even tho I was a squid!). When I retired a Master Gunny gave me his Corps ring, and told me I was every bit a Marine, and he was sad to lose me. Had quite a time clearing the eyeball sweat.........

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I was in the Navy I was a moto cross racer so..... a lot of dust..... my biker friends called me Dusty

OP
OP
SADS 669

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I entered adulthood, by joining the military. My handle is what I did: Fleet Marine Force Corpsman. All the Marines called me "doc" because I was their hands-on, front-line medical aid!! I keep it (fmfdoc), because I deeply respect the job they did/do, and I feel VERY honored that they considered me 'one of their own" (even tho I was a squid!). When I retired a Master Gunny gave me his Corps ring, and told me I was every bit a Marine, and he was sad to lose me. Had quite a time clearing the eyeball sweat.........

I met a WW 2 corp man while dive mastering at a lodge in the 90's. There were 72 in his class and 12 made it thru the war, next to officers they were the number 1 target in the pacific, that and usually they were off the chart brave whether they wanted to be or not sigh.......

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Thank you for your service. :icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Buddy you got my total respect and gratitude..... Thank you for your service. And I get "eyeball sweat" now and then myself. Real men do....! :occasion14:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my name from the "Double Helix" DNA ...

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you should ask, I just explained my name on another post, I'm not a real Doctor. i got the name Dr. Witty from an old TV show that was popular back in the 70's and 80's in Central NY called Monster Movie Matinee . It was 2 characters introducing B Horror movies that we used to watch on Saturday afternoons. This show was hosted by Epal- a crazy hunchbacked goon and Dr. Witty a character who only showed his bejeweled hand. Both actors are dead now, but their legend lives on. Dr. Witty is my geocaching name as well. Plus I'm a pretty funny guy.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I never posted in this thread, just saw it pop up again. ???

I had been a Navy Seabee during my military time and when I first needed an e-mail name/address I thought incorporating "Seabee" into would be fun. :occasion14:

Then, when I first got "on line" I used it and my first name as a User ID. 8-)

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the nickname kiddo from friends for years and years because I've always looked so young for my age and it just stuck I guess. I added the 1 because i always try to be number 1 in what I do. Especially in finds! Haha

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im from Pennsylvania and i dig in the dirt for everything... Bottles, artifacts, crystals/minerals, flint, and anything thats under my coil!!!!! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread