Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to backpack in the wilderness ( young and with 2 other guys) so it doesn't scare me. But I didn't have to find food. I always have wondered if I could make it in the wild.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Would I be able to take another life?

No problem there,its them you or a family member,who's going to be.Hint It isnt me or a family member.Try to take from me or harm somebody I care about I wont hesitate I'll kill yeah deader than a fart in a wind storm.

Hungry people do things they wouldnt otherwise normally do.If youre starving I personally do not consider stealing food stealing.Its survival.Think back to England when they use to execute people who were starving for stealing a loaf of bread.Civilized arent they.and they called Native Americans savage.

The first people to die off will be the ones on life sustaining meds.The second will be the fools that were to lazy to work and sat back and collected food stamps and welfare.The third are the blind fools who thought the economy is glorious and there werent any problems at all.Life was grand and would never change for the worse.The Forth will be the ones that try to take from the ones who were smart enough to see through all the propaganda B.S. dished out to them by mainstream media and were prepared.

So.......Would you rather be out on your own in the middle of nowhere or with a large group?

It depends on a lot of things and a lot circumstances.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Best be opening your eyes a little wider Nitric.What you see of the world is an illusion.Like a Bambi movie,portraying the wilds as a peaceful land of milk and honey.What would happen if they portrayed the real life of a deer in a Bambi movie?Getting so hungry that they strip the bark off trees just to eat.Getting so weak from hunger that they dont have the strength to get out of 4 foot deep snow drifts so they sit there and starve to death,so weak that feral house cats can drag one down.Isnt Disney wonderful for filling kids heads with horse crap.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Preparing is what our parents and grandparents did. Food was canned and stored. Waste is a modern problem. Conserving and storing things today is called hoarding. Don't reuse string, buy new. When, not if, the excrement hits the rotary device, I chose to be ready to feed and protect my extended family. I live on a small farm and can do whatever is necessary to defend it. My grandkids are being taught bushcraft, in case it gets so bad they need to live entirely off the land. If nothing happens they have food to eat and skills few others have. So part hobby and part preparedness.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The ones that know better will tell you what I just told you.This country is closer to civil war than it was in 1860 you can take that as a fact.It isnt going to be pretty.There will be guerrilla bands from both sides,just as there were during the revolution and the civil war,raiding.Either youre ready for it or youre not,theres not going to be an inbetween.Thats the cold hearted truth.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In a true survival situation.....like an "end of the world" scenario. Maybe an asteroid hitting earth. Being alone is being dead. I prefer alone, but don't have any illusions. If you don't belong to a group, eventually another group will kill you, and take what you have. It's that simple. That's assuming you have a family to care for. Even if it were simply me...and I'm a skilled outdooorsman, who still sleeps on the ground often, and am completely comfortable in wild country, alone....I realize being alone in that situation, the odds would be stacked against me. Sooner, or later, you will run into a group, and at that point, you're probably toast. Even if you have valuable talents the group could use, you probably wouldn't get a chance to display them.
Jim

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres a big difference in buying things for prepping and buying things for prepping that you shove away and have no idea how to use.How many people buy a gun and shove them away without any idea how to use it.They think theyre protecting themselves.They seem to think that just because they have one that they automatically know how to use it.That right there is so far from the truth that even thinking it is absurd.They might as well,in a time of trouble,just stick it in their mouths and pull the trigger.Its not fear by a long shot on why people prep.I go by the saying,Its better to have and not need than need and not have.Barricade yourself in your bedroom with your gun thinking your safe,i'll just shot you through the wall.Hide behind a door,i'll shoot you through the door.Stupidity about things will kill you faster than a bullet.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Do yourself a favor if you havent already.Buy yourself a shotgun,12 gauge pump preferably,and learn how to use.Dont stick it in a closet thinking that just because you have it youre safe.Learn about penetration power of any ammo you have,buck shot and slugs.Birdshot is devastating at close ranges.You dont want much penetration if you have family members in other rooms of your house.Close quarters combat only from point blank -30 feet for birdshot.Dont pay attention to hollywoods version of a gunfight,a 12 gauge slug will completely penetrate a cinder block wall.Bullets will not bounce off a sheet of corrugated tin LMAO,thank the old show the A team for that one.A car door will not really protect your butt.A shotgun is the most versatile gun you can own.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just telling you how it is buddy though its off topic.I joined this site because I like antiques and treasure hunting,basically the same time I woke up to the facts of whats going on in this world.I like helping people,either through my knowledge of antiques or the facts of whats going on.I also know guns,I know what the ones ive owned can do.Youre a lucky S.O.B. lol.Everything Ive told you above I have done.Every gun I owned I learned what it could do penetration wise. From a .22 rifle to a 12 gauge from a .22 pocket automatic to a .41 magnum and a lot in between.One gun I refuse to own is an AR15 dont like the .223 dont like the AR15.The 7.62x39 is better in my opinion.I dont worry about peoples writing,you do fine as long as people understand you.I dont nit pick and I'm not a spelling nazi.I know what you were asking,sometimes things head off on their own regardless of topic.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup.the 7.62x39 has excellent penetration.Where as the .223 wont completely penetrate a railroad tie,the 7.62 goes through 2 lol I believe it was at 50 or 100 yards.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup thats one reason.But as I said in another thread there will be plenty of guns laying around.

Stamp_Image_UN_Blue_Helmet-1.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Learn by reading buddy.I usually read 3 to 5 book in a week and a halfs time if that.Given the time I may have.Various subjects some fiction mostly nonfiction,history,etc.You'll find out in here on who disagrees with you,you'll be attacked for what you believe in by a group of certain individuals and then you'll be blamed by them for them attacking you.Ironic isnt it,I know,i've been here awhile.Reading about one interest will usually lead you to other interests as you go along,kind of like an enjoyable vicious circle

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys have a good conversation going on here. Let's throw something into this - I think Red knows this gal :)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats the problem I was telling you about.Lots of people think that just because they have something that they automatically know how to use it.Its going to be their downfall.I cant understand that way of thinking.If I buy something new to me,I dont put it away and think I'm all set just because I have it.I'll hold it,study,find out how it works,find out what else I can use it for.Take a computer for instance.When I first got one,I knew nothing about them.If it stopped working I ended up taking it to a shop and get charged 75 bucks an hour for somebody to fix it.I took me a while but now I can fix it myself,I dont need some over priced idiot suckering me into doing something that I can do in less than half the time it takes them to do it.First buying a car I knew nothing about them,now I can strip and engine down and rebuild it.Theres people out there that have been driving for 30 years that cant even change a flat tirePeople dont want to take the time to learn about the things they touch and hold and use everyday.I cant understand them,its not worth it to even try,theyre hopeless and lost.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Or to put another way helpful or helpless to themselves.Heres one for you,youre out in the middle of nowhere driving,you get a flat,no spare no cell phone,what do you do?

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well,stockpiling for all the wrong reasons,the populations buys buys buys when a weather threat is flashed on the tube..i dont mean to laugh but that is how sheepish most people react ..and oh somebody will take care of us reaction ,most times the 50 cans of tuna they bought goes to waste,sorry to bump in on topic,i hate waste and rising store prices at major food chains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread