200 yrs old? Pirate? Native? Or religious? Any hidden meaning? Treasure map?

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I have something real special,
Purchased at a fleamarket in quebec.
It was literaly tangled with a bunch of stuff and i had to cut some other peices to get it loose from the pile.

I need help finding out its purpose and significance.
Please take a look at the photos ,its worth it!
I included a photo with important notes i have made on the peice.
Thanks in advance.
!!!!New and better photos, Beads page 8, Coins pg9.!!!!!
New photos again! Page 11

Attachments

• IMG_20140603_184704.jpg
    IMG_20140603_184704.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_20140608_214418.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214418.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 616
  • IMG_20140608_214209.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214209.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 582
  • IMG_20140608_214257.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214257.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20140608_214242.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214242.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 441
  • 1458568595036764722015.jpg
    1458568595036764722015.jpg
    958.9 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_20140603_184511.jpg
    IMG_20140603_184511.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_20140608_214441.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214441.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 533
  • IMG_20140608_214506.jpg
    IMG_20140608_214506.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 495
  • IMG_20160331_180506.jpg
    IMG_20160331_180506.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20160331_181603.jpg
    IMG_20160331_181603.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 342
Last edited:
I know coins im 100% certain coins are real, many coin experts have also been shown the peice and concur. There mostly impresed the coi s arent clipped. Who would make a fake 1 real coin ?
Its not a variety of bead types . It is 143 unique hand made beads,

Venetian,African,Dutch,French, Czech?
African etched tube beads show some similarity ,as does this pic of cross shaped ones.

chainsaw13.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok spoke to me is bad wording. More like my intuition and comon sense and ability to reason.
With traing you can learn to use the force aswell.
It surrounds us, binds us penetrates us.
It is constantly speaking to us, learn to clear your mind and the will of the force will be stong in you.

Upvote 0
Look at chakana cross beads much more similar beads but not exactly the same as mine.

Upvote 0
Look at chakana cross beads much more similar beads but not exactly the same as mine.

Well as much of a test that a jewler would do nothi g real scientific. And he didnt test all the beads , just the big pendant, and maybe one bead.

Upvote 0
i think this is one of your beads, the product description prob explains
why the beads look old, those types of beads are higher end, most times
no matter where you get them, they run for .75-1$ ea. these days.
back in my hippy jewelry making days the late 60s early 70s, they were
like 5 for a 1$, but there were cheaper thin knock off design patterns too
much cheaper,50-100 for a 1.50$
what type of cord strings yours together
Large Hole Fancy Tube Beads, Antique Brass, 17x10mm, Bulk (10)

Brass Fancy Tube Large Hole Beads
Metal : Antique Bronze Plated Pewter
This color is also called : Antique Brass or Vintage Finish
Size : 17mm x 10mm x 10mm | Hole : 7mm
Sold by : Wholesale Bulk 10-piece Bag

The beads in this link seem to be a modern reproduction of the type of beads used in this necklace the fact that someone is reproducing them means they must have once existed in the distant past

Upvote 0
Okay here is my official theory on this thing I think the medallion is an early French fur trade item. It has a tremendous amount of wear and is smooth . It was the kind of thing they would have given as a gift to an Indian chief. It was probably worn a long time and then passed down to another generation of Native American who fashioned the necklace around the time of the dates of the coins.

Upvote 0
Thank you I like this theory alot , but i see too many inca elements, could it not be an inca native peice, that got traded north, perhaps the inca went north to avoid spanish, his descendants went to french america and to north america fur trading? Thats how i imagine it . not of french origin but of south american inca, destined to be traded for furs 100 yrs later... all sillver inca zoned coins close 1800 date. Tomorow i will elaborate on my crazy theory, i rly got sometin crazy to type up. Also i wana figure out how to copy someone elses post from another thread because i think it is very relevant

Upvote 0
Brett Burton, son of Ed Burton passed on some info on Navajo silversmithy. Ed Burton was the first Native American jewelry jobber and according to Brett, was vital in getting the native american silversmiths off the side of the road, into jewelry stores, and into hallmarking. According to Brett, the Navajos, Hopi, and Zuni worked their stories onto leather and pottery before being enslaved by the spanish to work in the silver mines. There they learned silversmithy and started writing their stories into metal. The larger and more elaborate the piece the more fantastic the story. The squash blossom necklaces are female side of the stories about family and heredity, the rings, bracelets, and some necklaces are the mens stories. Think of grandpa sitting down to tell one of his stories when you went to visit, the NA traditions of passing on stories worked well with this method. Before the hallmarking with the sales being inconsistent, often the native american's would hock the jewelry to make ends meet which is where the name old pawn came from. ...................
I hope it ok i quoted that and i hope i quoted it right, first half seems relevant and i will elaborate soon...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you I like this theory alot , but i see too many inca elements, could it not be an inca native peice, that got traded north, perhaps the inca went north to avoid spanish, his descendants went to french america and to north america fur trading? Thats how i imagine it . not of french origin but of south american inca, destined to be traded for furs 100 yrs later... all sillver inca zoned coins close 1800 date. Tomorow i will elaborate on my crazy theory, i rly got sometin crazy to type up. Also i wana figure out how to copy someone elses post from another thread because i think it is very relevant

in a word."no"

Upvote 0
CPWb0D6VYahLrfPAyL4VfFb0.jpgmlw_0001_0002_0_img0108.jpgecc6fcb76b6af927f3bffbb77d8d08e1.jpg

Please read the first part of inca created mythology on wikipedia to gain some insight.
Does anyone else see similarities?
Am i on to something or just crazy?
My interpretation of the story must be wrong, this is more of an example, i need some inca experts, perhaps my story is incomplete, it is my hope this peice is original an dnever restrung with a deeper intack story.

Upvote 0
Why? @ Unclemac

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay here is my official theory on this thing I think the medallion is an early French fur trade item. It has a tremendous amount of wear and is smooth . It was the kind of thing they would have given as a gift to an Indian chief. It was probably worn a long time and then passed down to another generation of Native American who fashioned the necklace around the time of the dates of the coins.

Why do you think it is french?

Upvote 0
Material is unknown to me, i had it tested for gold once, but , i was told it was not gold, although i have my doubts... Im hoping its some kind of gold mix lower than 10k

I haven't seen where you got the metal checked, which post was it?

Upvote 0
it is brass, not gold, not silver and thus not inca

Upvote 0
Don't shoot the messenger but does it say "Made in Pakistan" on it anywhere ? There has been a lot of hand made Brass stuff come out of the Khyber Pass for centuries and some of it looks VERY old.. Please don't be upset with my tongue in cheek question. Just offering an alternative "guess". Don't become Scott Wolter and dismiss each & every opinion that dosn't support what you "hope" it is..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it is one of the more interesting pieces of jewelry I've seen posted here. It looks old, but as we know that can be deliberate. Where are you located? I'd take it to a university with a solid art department and see what they think.

Upvote 0
Please share your observations! ,
But do put some close observation in dont just attack my theory to bring me down,if so give me some good reasons, haters go hate elsewhere,

it is brass, not gold, not silver and thus not inca

Didnt they use a bronze made of copper and tin aswell , also maybe it was made by an inca decendat... In approx 1795 (cion dates...) 200 years after the fall of the incas. I doubt they were still using gold.

Upvote 0
I think it is one of the more interesting pieces of jewelry I've seen posted here. It looks old, but as we know that can be deliberate. Where are you located? I'd take it to a university with a solid art department and see what they think.

Prince edward island

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't shoot the messenger but does it say "Made in Pakistan" on it anywhere ? There has been a lot of hand made Brass stuff come out of the Khyber Pass for centuries and some of it looks VERY old.. Please don't be upset with my tongue in cheek question. Just offering an alternative "guess". Don't become Scott Wolter and dismiss each & every opinion that dosn't support what you "hope" it is..

No it does not

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back