Absurd Oak Island Math - Is the Entire Show a Hoax?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alan_m.....I “liked” your post......all in our tradition of patting each other on the back....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A word to the wise, this forum is "Oak Island" sub forum found under our Treasure Legends forum, if talking about it upsets non believers then just dont enter the forum, members are here to talk about the legend, not to be constantly harassed.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no issues looking at posts concerning legends such as oak island with the understanding that most legends are fiction, but when folks post what they state is fact, then they should expect to be questioned about their facts and provide factual evidence.

I agree that personal attacks are not acceptable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no issues looking at posts concerning legends such as oak island with the understanding that most legends are fiction, but when folks post what they state is fact, then they should expect to be questioned about their facts and provide factual evidence.

I agree that personal attacks are not acceptable.

As long as it is done by our our rules such as below.

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic

"Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous."

"If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."

"All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

Jun 15, 2023
I noticed there has been a lot of discussion here about the research of Diana Muir, and her alleged discovery of journals belonging to Henry Sinclair and the Weems family. Diana has a documented history of fraud, dating back to 1983 when she was investigated by the FBI for trying to sell historical Mormon letters to Brigham Young University. I have done a thorough investigation of her claims about the Sinclair/Weems journals in my blog post here:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I noticed there has been a lot of discussion here about the research of Diana Muir, and her alleged discovery of journals belonging to Henry Sinclair and the Weems family. Diana has a documented history of fraud, dating back to 1983 when she was investigated by the FBI for trying to sell historical Mormon letters to Brigham Young University. I have done a thorough investigation of her claims about the Sinclair/Weems journals in my blog post here:

It was all just made up BS that relied on followers blindly accepting what was being said was true?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching this week's episode where they extend the line through Nolan's cross to France and show that it runs straight through the center of the main palace of Versailles spot on.

It seemed to me that even the slightest wiggle in the line on Oak Island would translate into a big difference in France 3000 miles away.

So I did some math to see how accurately they could be drawing this line.

The boulders are quite large, and 860 feet apart.

Boulders are irregularly shaped, so you can't quite draw a straight line connecting the boulders with too much precision. If ten different people did it, the ten lines would vary from each other at least slightly.

If the point on the boulder that they draw the line through varies by even one inch, that translates into a difference of almost 1/3 of a mile by the time you get to France.

So to say that line exactly crosses anything specific 3000 miles away is ridiculous.

The way they achieved it was move the line to go through Versailles and it would barely move its location on Oak Island.

So they could basically say it went through anything they want within a wide swath of Europe.

To see the Lagina brothers eat this argument up hook, line and sinker shows they're either in on this math hoax, for the sake of ratings, or they're idiots themselves. The latter may be the case, I've seen it over and over how they get completely emamored by obviously dopey arguments that they should see through immediately if they were a little smarter. Part of the problem is their excessive faith in so-called experts. There are plenty of complete idiots walking around even with PhD's.

But I have to wonder if they know all too well and it's all just a big charade. They are now getting rich off this t.v. show itself so it may be the design to drag it on for as many years as possible. If they did find treasure, which I doubt they ever will, they may not even want to tell us for 5 or 10 more years, just to keep the gravy train rolling. The truth will come out, eventually.
You couldn't pay me to watch this piece of trash. They found the tresure its you people watching it giving ratings and sponsorship.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still find it amazing that people who claim to be non-believers spend more time posting in here then the believers.. Surely ya'll have other forums to post in. Heck try the Skin Walker Ranch, and or Blind Frog Ranch. Now there's some top notch shows!! Atleast the OI show is giving out history lessons on what is being found there along the way.. Kinda surprised the posts in the Victoria Peak forum doesn't get more posts from ya'll, with the tv documentary airing not long ago..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be too amazed. Folks paid 5 cents (hard earned) to see the freaks at carnivals for decades around the 1930's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread