What's new

🥇 BANNER Amazing Coin Spill, Find of a lifetime for me!

49r Relics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
789
Reaction score
686
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after 35 years of detecting I had the find of a lifetime. I was doing some research in the state library and came across an old hand drawn map of an area I have never researched before but the cartographer indicated where houses and cabins were and the map was dated 1851 (that's early for California) there were lines which after research I figured out were early Township lines, I was able to match them up to Google Earth and found 22 new sites. After 4 months of trying we finally got permission to hunt 2 of the sites and another 2 are on public land.

So the California Relic Adventures crew headed out to the first site of the four, me Ron Swenson (Ron CA) and Andrew Savich (Mr.Merc) were working around the iron and Andrew called us over with a nice find! We didn't get that dig on video but everything that happened after that we did film. An epic hunt. After Andrew cleaned out his area, we all spread out and walked different directions. I walked about 50' away and hit a high conductor target, what came after that was all caught live on video.

7 days later at the second site (from that map) I made another discovery of a lifetime. I will make a separate post for that find but that map has so far turned out to be a real treasure map! We are all still absolutely floored by these 2 hunts.

Here is the video


20141110_150353.webp

2014-11-14 03.16.53.webp

20141112_202149.webp

1889 Double Eagle.webp

1889 Double Eagle - Reverse.webp
 
Last edited:
I was trembling as I watched the video.... BANNER! and best!
 
So sweet maybe there was an old Main Street or Poker Hall there something that got tore up dang you guys nailed it
 
Absolutely amazing works, guys!
 
Congratulations gentlemen. The very best that I have ever seen. WOW.
 
Stage or train robbery I'd say, tore a bag during the escape! Outrageous finds!

Get the pics up so we can banner it!
 
Mind blowing hunt you guys! Thank you for posting the video. Really can't describe it with words, so :thumbsup:
 
Goodness, that was exciting! Congratulations to you all and a big thanks for the video, fantastic!
 
Btw my language would have been MUCH worse than yours lol. You guys showed good restraint
 
I'd bet there are more, I'd move 10" of dirt in the whole area and hit it again!
 
Very nice find. Quite impressive indeed.
 
It is my hope some day to experience a find like that.


GOD Bless

Chris
 
The biggest treasure hoard to be posted on this site in a long time!

:tchest:
 
Folks,

That's the type of find that all us diehards would love to get our coil over.

Banner vote submitted also.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Last edited:
That is crazy!!!! Congrats on an amazing find! You never know in this hobby what will turn up next!
 
Out of all the words from the alphabet like AMAZING, STUPENDOUS, SPECTACULAR, UNREAL, WONDERFUL, LIFETIME, DREAM FIND, WOW, UNBELIEVABLE, BLOWN AWAY and the one that fits best is............................... BANNER, BANNER, BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I did the happy dance last week when I found my first Seated coin, lol.......no comparison...................I don't know if my heart could take it
 
I'm totally blown away! Freakin unreal!
 
Great find! I was almost shaking myself when that first $20 gold coin popped out. You got a banner vote from me. Congrats!!!

:occasion14:
 
Congrats & great vid. Research paid off.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom