What's new

🥇 BANNER Amazing Coin Spill, Find of a lifetime for me!

49r Relics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
789
Reaction score
686
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after 35 years of detecting I had the find of a lifetime. I was doing some research in the state library and came across an old hand drawn map of an area I have never researched before but the cartographer indicated where houses and cabins were and the map was dated 1851 (that's early for California) there were lines which after research I figured out were early Township lines, I was able to match them up to Google Earth and found 22 new sites. After 4 months of trying we finally got permission to hunt 2 of the sites and another 2 are on public land.

So the California Relic Adventures crew headed out to the first site of the four, me Ron Swenson (Ron CA) and Andrew Savich (Mr.Merc) were working around the iron and Andrew called us over with a nice find! We didn't get that dig on video but everything that happened after that we did film. An epic hunt. After Andrew cleaned out his area, we all spread out and walked different directions. I walked about 50' away and hit a high conductor target, what came after that was all caught live on video.

7 days later at the second site (from that map) I made another discovery of a lifetime. I will make a separate post for that find but that map has so far turned out to be a real treasure map! We are all still absolutely floored by these 2 hunts.

Here is the video


20141110_150353.webp

2014-11-14 03.16.53.webp

20141112_202149.webp

1889 Double Eagle.webp

1889 Double Eagle - Reverse.webp
 
Last edited:
The finds and the video are stellar!!. I was at the edge of my seat, jaw-dropping!!
 
:censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
That was an incredibly well-done and exciting video. Felt like I was there witnessing the event. Many congrats to you all, and for making banner.
 
Boy that is just what I needed to see during the cold months in Ohio. That was a fantastic find and video...thanks for sharing it here
 
Amazing is all I have to say.
 
Absolutely amazing hunt! :notworthy: Solid Gold Banner! That's quite a video - you don't see something like that often. It was fun watching you guys living the dream. Your expressions and the excitement is all wonderfully captured in that video. For over a century, a big flock of silver and gold bald eagles were just buried there patiently awaiting discovery. What a night! Congrats!
 
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, stunning finds, fantastic video, freakin A!

still in shock here!!
 
I already knew the 'california girls are the greatest in the world'
and so seems the treasure to find

another hunter for me to hate ( why do I not find anything like that?)
 
Fantastic find and wonderful video! I've been detecting for almost fifty years and found thousands of dollars worth of coins, antiques and vintage items but all of my finds combined do not equal the excitement of this find. This should be a boon for everyone on this list and the whole detector industry as well.
Congratulations !!!!
 
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I say ?? I dare not even dream of a day that good.
 
I really don't know what I can add to what's not already been said, except I think I would of dropped a terd in the stanfields finding what was dug up. Congrats on the amazing finds, and Banner, this what we all dream about and I'll be putting myself to sleep tonight just dreaming of been in your boots or digging my own. Thanks for the dream guys.
 
Congratulations! One of the best videos I ever saw!! Where were
the coins minted at?

All the coins are minted in SF. Thank you for all the positive comments everyone, I know I don't post much, but it really is great to see the feedback. Its a once in a lifetime find and promise we will get pics up soon.
 
Last edited:
WOW its amazing. Research Research Research
 
One of the best coin finds EVER!!!!......I haven't seen a find like that in years!!.....THAT is the BEST FIND OF THE YEAR!!!

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!
 
If that dont get the blood vessels pumping nother will..Outstanding research and recovery. .thats how its DONE. .Fantastic video, thanks taking the time to film..
George
 
I feel honored just to be able to witness your find. This is what it is all about. Beautiful pure gold outta God's green earth. Thank you so much for taking us along. To say that this is inspiring to the metal detecting community would be an understatement!
:notworthy: KUNGRATCHYOULAYSHUNS!! :notworthy:
 
wow that gave me goosebumps! the shear unedited excitement in there voices was awesome! congrats on a great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom