What's new

🥇 BANNER Amazing Coin Spill, Find of a lifetime for me!

49r Relics

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
789
Reaction score
686
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after 35 years of detecting I had the find of a lifetime. I was doing some research in the state library and came across an old hand drawn map of an area I have never researched before but the cartographer indicated where houses and cabins were and the map was dated 1851 (that's early for California) there were lines which after research I figured out were early Township lines, I was able to match them up to Google Earth and found 22 new sites. After 4 months of trying we finally got permission to hunt 2 of the sites and another 2 are on public land.

So the California Relic Adventures crew headed out to the first site of the four, me Ron Swenson (Ron CA) and Andrew Savich (Mr.Merc) were working around the iron and Andrew called us over with a nice find! We didn't get that dig on video but everything that happened after that we did film. An epic hunt. After Andrew cleaned out his area, we all spread out and walked different directions. I walked about 50' away and hit a high conductor target, what came after that was all caught live on video.

7 days later at the second site (from that map) I made another discovery of a lifetime. I will make a separate post for that find but that map has so far turned out to be a real treasure map! We are all still absolutely floored by these 2 hunts.

Here is the video


20141110_150353.webp

2014-11-14 03.16.53.webp

20141112_202149.webp

1889 Double Eagle.webp

1889 Double Eagle - Reverse.webp
 
Last edited:
I think everyone is speechless myself included. Great to get it on video to share. Hunt of a life time!
 
Screw Banner. I want you guys to get an Academy Award !!
 
WOW that's Amazing Andrew& Mark ! :o

Help me out here

Is Andrew a Full member Here ?

Are you going to take some Pictures of Your Finds & add them here Mark ?

Congrats to all of yous :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
WOW,That can't be beat!!! Banner for sure
 
Un-Flipping-Believably-Amazing!!!! My heart was racing on every plug! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!
 
WOW that's Amazing Andrew& Mark ! :o

Help me out here

Is Andrew a Full member Here ?

Are you going to take some Pictures of Your Finds & add them here Mark ?

Congrats to all of yous :thumbsup:

Hi Jeff,

Yes, Andrew is a full member, I will get his info to you shortly as well as pics of his finds as well. Thank you to everyone for all of the response, I have not read very many of your comments yet but will read them all tonight when I get home!!!

Thank you!

Mark
 
Amazing! simply amazing
 
Hi Jeff,

Yes, Andrew is a full member, I will get his info to you shortly as well as pics of his finds as well. Thank you to everyone for all of the response, I have not read very many of your comments yet but will read them all tonight when I get home!!!

Thank you!

Mark

He needs to get a thread up in his name in Today's Finds
while it is still new :laughing7:

& thanks ! I'll watch for pics from both of you
 
Congratulations! One of the best videos I ever saw!! Where were
the coins minted at?
 
Im with the rest...wow
I mean WOW!!!
California may not hold too many old colonial finds, but all that goes out the window when it comes to finds like that
 
Wow, Banner find. But I don't think that the story is over, still more out there for ya.
ZDD
 
Congrats on the stunning finds. Has my vote for BANNER also. Looks like the makings for a fine article in one of the treasure magazines.
 
Hi; I vote BANNER, BANNER, BANNER. !!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang: PEACE:RONB
 
Congratulations!!!!! Wow did you guys ever set the bar high for 2015!! I know what it feels like to find a cache, and watching your video really brought me back to that moment....with one big difference tho...yours beats the hell out of mine!!!! Well done guys. So happy for you both.
 
Banner find. What an amazing story and the research was stellar. I'm so happy you, in my opinion, reached the pinnacle of detecting; a well researched find resulting in big gold coins.

Banner!
 
I just can't think of something to say, just plain AWESOME. Congratulations. Definitely banner.
 
There should be a new award higher than Banner created for this find. Not only does this find involve finding 19th century gold and silver treasure but it also involves a map from the 1850's that helped lead to that treasure. This is the closest thing we have to the romanticized notion of long lost buried treasure. I'm so excited by this find :D An honest to God real treasure trove!
:treasurechest:
 
Couldn't have said it any better UnderMiner!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom