What's new

Anyone into country music here?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've recently started listening again and have a few favorite artists,Blake Shelton,Keith Urban,and the lovely Miranda Lambert to name a few.I've had this ear worm a few days.

 
I was going to come in here all excited like and respond with a resounding "yes!", that I am in to country music. I would have told you that I like the oldies though- C.W McCall, Johnny Horton, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Waylon Jennings, you get the hint. I was also going to tell you that the new stuff is starting to go back to it's roots which makes me happy. I was going to share all this stuff with you... right up until I saw the Creepin' video!!! That has got to be the worst song ever made! I don't think it was an ear worm, more like an ear parasite.... 8-)
 
I don't think Creepy is worse than Billy Ray's big hit. I like Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies, Edens Edge, and Hunter Hayes is not bad either, but can't hold a candle to Conway, Loretta and Patsy. Just my opinion.

Bill
 
I don't think Creepy is worse than Billy Ray's big hit. I like Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies, Edens Edge, and Hunter Hayes is not bad either, but can't hold a candle to Conway, Loretta and Patsy. Just my opinion.

Bill

Which hit is that bsloan? I'm in agreement with y'all that like the oldies too.Miss Dolly has the voice of an angel and Loretta,well they just don't make me like that anymore. Sorry for the earwig,lol!
 
Me, I'm a clean-cut metal head, but grew up listening to country on the FM dial, mom's favorites...I still like the classic country from the 70's.
 
Put Bob Wills and Geo. Jones on the stage and the rest of the wannabees can all go home.
Don....
A lot of people consider Bob Wills music to be Texas Swing. Either way, I like it. I tried to put George Jones on the list, but he didn't show.;)

Bill
 
Which hit is that bsloan? I'm in agreement with y'all that like the oldies too.Miss Dolly has the voice of an angel and Loretta,well they just don't make me like that anymore. Sorry for the earwig,lol!

Don't know if you remember when Billy Ray Cyrus had his mullet, singing achy brakey heart.
Now he has recreated himself again, R&R, playing at biker bars, go figure.

Bill
 
Oh yeahhh ,I musta tried to forget.:laughing7:
 
Toby Keith,Brad Paisley,Kenny Chesney and the alternative country of Steve Earle,Lucinda Williams,and Emmylou Harris.
 
I like all kinds of music, and Country and Classic Rock are my favs.

I have to agree with mammoth though, don't really like the "Creepin" song.
 
and what about Willie?

Willie is still the CEO of Duck Commander, at least he was on the last episode of Duck Dynasty I saw.;)

Willie is a classic. I heard on the radio, that he has recorded albums in every type of music, from children's songs to classical.

Bill
 
For all you Willie fans out there.

 
Toby Keith,Brad Paisley,Kenny Chesney and the alternative country of Steve Earle,Lucinda Williams,and Emmylou Harris.

I had forgotten about Lucinda Williams.She has a real edginess to her voice that I like.
 
CoilyGirl,

My family and friends have floor tickets to go see the cowboy ride away at the Alamodome on June 1st. Yes George "Choche" Strait will be preforming for the last time. "Choche" is how he is known here in South Texas, it's the Mexican nickname for George.

There are plenty of good bands, and songs to pick out a favorite, but here is an oldie that I enjoy.
 
Love country. No much into the new stuff though. I Think Kacey Musgraves is great. really like her music. and Josh Turner. Other then that I'll stick to the stuff before 1995.
 
for some reason I like faith hill ( i heard that she sings some)
 
also I was drawn to her video for 'the way you love me'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom