What's new

Boom! Finally A Gold Coin!!!! :)

Seener53

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
761
Reaction score
424
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I met up with my buddy at an old pounded park. I was kind of late with a hangover ;) When I got there my buddy had 3 silvers already so I started swinging and my first
target was a 1943 merc. Dug 3 more targets (low tones) which were junk and came across a bouncy 11-27. After a couple of seconds it locked on to 12-30 with the cursor in the middle of the screen. So that got me curious as I dug some gold before on the same cursor position. Dug a 6 inch plug and bam at the bottom of the plug was Gold! Called my buddy over as I was jumping up & down he confirmed my find and got some water to wash off the dirt. After a rinse a beautiful 1906 D 5$ gold emerged. Also found a 1904 V nickel and 5 wheaties, my buddy found 2 war nickels, 2 mercs, barber dime and over 20 wheaties. What a day, I'm so happy :)

Thanks for looking & HH!

image-2184697300.webp



image-602325128.webp



image-578526793.webp



image-4258154886.webp



image-425475770.webp



image-3074051777.webp



image-339813453.webp
 
Upvote 154
Now that's a once in a lifetime find right there Seener! :occasion14:
Looks to be in nice condition and it's $5 gold piece to boot!

Congrats on making the BANNER, you deserve it with a sweet find like that! :notworthy:

Dave
 
Thats an amazing dig! I swear if that ever happens to me i dont know how ill react, possibly puke, pass out, cry, or all of the above! lol awesome find!!
 
Dream come true ,congrats!!
 
Holy crap seener, great find! I couldn't imagine finding a gold coin in a park. Good job.
 
Very Nice ! I have yet to find my first gold coin.. Beautiful find..
 
So gorgeous! And I'm so jealous. Congrats! :hello2:
 
Now that's a once in a lifetime find right there Seener! :occasion14:
Looks to be in nice condition and it's $5 gold piece to boot!

Congrats on making the BANNER, you deserve it with a sweet find like that! :notworthy:

Dave

Thank you Antiquarian :)
 
Thats an amazing dig! I swear if that ever happens to me i dont know how ill react, possibly puke, pass out, cry, or all of the above! lol awesome find!!

Thank you cjon455.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom