boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple youtube videos part 1 and part 2. sorry I don’t know how to post links off my phone so you you have to do your own search—Dowsing for Gold using L-rods. Some helpful info.
Thanks l'll give a look. can you give the title? Hopefully I can help you.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks l'll give a look. can you give the title? Hopefully I can help you.
Dowsing for Gold using L-rods | part 1

Also part 2

Thanks! Guess I need to read the manual. Lost my computer and not too excited about using phone.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing for Gold using L-rods | part 1

Also part 2

Thanks! Guess I need to read the manual. Lost my computer and not too excited about using phone.

Give this a try. Cut n paste it in your browser Think I got it right. Watch it and it'll let you go to part 2

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Give this a try. Cut n paste it in your browser Think I got it right. Watch it and it'll let you go to part 2

I like how he explains how to hold the rods—just let them exist in your hands.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold plated L-Rods, that would be interesting to try. He finished up by pinpointing using the circle method of single rod dowsing. You can do the same with a pair, just hold rods closer together.

Attachments

• Dowse_singleLrod.jpg
    Dowse_singleLrod.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold plated L-Rods, that would be interesting to try. He finished up by pinpointing using the circle method of single rod dowsing. You can do the same with a pair, just hold rods closer together.
Several different ways to use L-rods. I like to walk around the perimeter with one rod pointing off to my side. The GDI-detectors video shows holding two rods a foot apart and doing a”double sweep”. My version is to push my hands together and clamp my left thumb to hold the rod immobile and do a sweep while watching the dead rodJust aim with it as yo do the sweep but most important is to NOT watch the right rod. Your conscious attention to the moveable right rod will destroy any chance you have for success. Some people just can;t help but cheat here, like Lott’s wife, she was told not to look back but she did anyway. My guess 99% of all failed dowagers cannot get past this. When the left rod is aimed at the target the right rod will start to move. Take your mark, then move over a ways and repeat.

Since I am tying as I think just another thought on the first technique. The Box-in method you walk the perimeter with both rods pointing ahead and watch for a response when you are 90 degrees from the target. While this is a tried and true method I prefer aiming the rod off to my side. It is much more sensitive for me.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several different ways to use L-rods. I like to walk around the perimeter with one rod pointing off to my side. The GDI-detectors video shows holding two rods a foot apart and doing a”double sweep”. My version is to push my hands together and clamp my left thumb to hold the rod immobile and do a sweep while watching the dead rodJust aim with it as yo do the sweep but most important is to NOT watch the right rod. Your conscious attention to the moveable right rod will destroy any chance you have for success. Some people just can;t help but cheat here, like Lott’s wife, she was told not to look back but she did anyway. My guess 99% of all failed dowagers cannot get past this. When the left rod is aimed at the target the right rod will start to move. Take your mark, then move over a ways and repeat.

Since I am tying as I think just another thought on the first technique. The Box-in method you walk the perimeter with both rods pointing ahead and watch for a response when you are 90 degrees from the target. While this is a tried and true method I prefer aiming the rod off to my side. It is much more sensitive for me.
I posted about the double sweep like GDI many years ago. I called it the “Healey Double-Crosser” sort of in the pirate genre. But I much prefer pressing both hands together and locking the left rod with my thumb..

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the double posting. JUst having trouble with this keyboard.

As for the GDI-Detectors rods, I've used many rods and built several different styles. Askilled dowser can use just about anything. The rods I used were old and sloppy and sticky. I had to shake them back and forth while sweeping to break the friction. Never thought much about it until I got the new rods. Just smooth and solid. One euro is $1.07 so not a bad time to buy if you are interested. Inflation is coming very soon.
I posted about the double sweep like GDI many years ago. I called it the “Healey Double-Crosser” sort of in the pirate genre. But I much prefer pressing both hands together and locking the left rod with my thumb..
I’ve used many rods over the past 43 years and built several different styles. I used some old rods that were sticky and sloppy and I had to shake them back and forth a little with sweeping to break the friction. I don’t need to tell you how easy that is to miss a target. Never noticed it until I got a nice set of rods. It really is a confidence builder. One thing I know boo matter how much you practice, when you get out in the field it is all-too-easy to get overwhelmed. You need the best chance you can get.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a Spanish Needle would be easier.
Anyone ever try one?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a Spanish Needle would be easier.
Anyone ever try one?
Are you referring to one of this vertical compass that you walk around with? They are mainly for veins, etc.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some sit on a tripod with a certain mineral in a vile at the tip
what ever you're looking for in the vile
different types of SN
some can detect for miles on a vein

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some sit on a tripod with a certain mineral in a vile at the tip
what ever you're looking for in the vile
different types of SN
some can detect for miles on a vein
Never see them around. Large deposits only.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clamp your thumb one rod. This came up recently in discussion in FB dowsing group. You get all kinds of answers, some FB postings can be quite confusing (or say every post go read Letters to Robin). This is what I suggested. Put thumb on the bend of a rod to point at the ground (ground yourself). Allow the other rod to freely swivel as a single rod. I do it different ways, thumb on a rod bend to use as a pointer or hold both rods close together loosely. Really depends on time of day, location or situation.

Attachments

• L-rods_fig-D2LG.jpg
    L-rods_fig-D2LG.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clamp your thumb one rod. This came up recently in discussion in FB dowsing group. You get all kinds of answers, some FB postings can be quite confusing (or say every post go read Letters to Robin). This is what I suggested. Put thumb on the bend of a rod to point at the ground (ground yourself). Allow the other rod to freely swivel as a single rod. I do it different ways, thumb on a rod bend to use as a pointer or hold both rods close together loosely. Really depends on time of day, location or situation.
Yes, that is what I do when walking the perimeter, just one rod I

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this where dowsing experience shines!
Took me years to figure out the pure focus. It's so easy to get your conscious mind involved in the search. WILL NOT EVER WORK. If there is any one key to dowsing this is it. You see my two rod sweep is really a distraction to keep your mind off the search by just aiming with th e left rod and letting the right rod respond without any conscious input. Sounds easy.
Yes, this where dowsing experience shines!
Took me years to figure out the pure focus. It’s so easy to let your conscious mind get involved in the search—WILL NOT EVER WORK. If there is any one key to dowsing, this is it. You see my two-rod sweep is really a distraction to keep the mind off the search by just aiming with the left (dead) rod an letting the right rod respond without any conscious input. Sounds easy, looks good on paper, but for some reason people just get fixated on the rods and you’re screwed.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me years to figure out the pure focus. It's so easy to get your conscious mind involved in the search. WILL NOT EVER WORK. If there is any one key to dowsing this is it. You see my two rod sweep is really a distraction to keep your mind off the search by just aiming with th e left rod and letting the right rod respond without any conscious input. Sounds easy.

Took me years to figure out the pure focus. It’s so easy to let your conscious mind get involved in the search—WILL NOT EVER WORK. If there is any one key to dowsing, this is it. You see my two-rod sweep is really a distraction to keep the mind off the search by just aiming with the left (dead) rod an letting the right rod respond without any conscious input. Sounds easy, looks good on paper, but for some reason people just get fixated on the rods and you’re screwed.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before anybody gets too excited, this video was only as demonstration on the technique—I was not hitting on a gold target in the video.
The second video is titled How to use dowsing rods for novices | Part 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread