dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dumb detecting shows on tv r all fake and people still like them so youtube souldnt be any diff.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome. I have even seen it here on the Net. As we sensationalize the hobby, we get those that have to "top" everyone else. That aside....back to a lighter note.... how ya doing, Metal? TTC

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd rather watch a fake with a cool find than a real with nothing.
I still think real with a good find is best.
That being said my favorite is the daily finds on TN

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just feel sad when I see obviously faked videos. The poster thinks things like that will make them popular.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there are those who can....and those who pretend.Gotta feel a lil sorry for the pretenders,so weak and feeble.as for the pranks....I love em..:laughing7:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome. I have even seen it here on the Net. As we sensationalize the hobby, we get those that have to "top" everyone else. That aside....back to a lighter note.... how ya doing, Metal? TTC

im doing good thanks

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see what happens when you own a first Texas instrument you have to make up all your good finds...

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people live and work in the real world, others live in a world in their mind, trying to live in the real world. It's a shame that they just don't, or can't accept themselves for who they are.

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out detecting this weekend and heard a great signal bellow from my headphones. i started to dig, and was down about 20 feet and realized I had uncovered a Chrysler Saratoga. There was a chrome Jesus fish stuck to the rear trunk lid.I said oh man ,I cant wait to see whats inside.I opened the door and inside the glovebox was the original dead sea scrolls tucked inside a Rosetta Stone "learn to speak in tongues " manual. :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out detecting this weekend and heard a great signal bellow from my headphones. i started to dig, and was down about 20 feet and realized I had uncovered a Chrysler Saratoga. There was a chrome Jesus fish stuck to the rear trunk lid.I said oh man ,I cant wait to see whats inside.I opened the door and inside the glovebox was the original dead sea scrolls tucked inside a Rosetta Stone "learn to speak in tongues " manual. :)
Yea, and on the back seat was a New York Times paper dated 21 BC. TTC

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first video of the chocolate coins is hilarious. So no one on TreasureNet has ever played an April fools joke on someone else? Are we going to ban playing jokes ever again.

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally.I enjoy the fake videos,as long as they are funny.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the 3rd type you pointed out but didn't show are the most harmful ones. They give too many people false hopes, they make people believe lies, they make some people discouraged, and some even angry that "others" are finding all these great items seemingly everywhere they hunt while the watcher has hunted endlessly and tirelessly never finding anything close. They also make people believe that they can just run out and buy a machine and start finding valuable stuff all over which in/of itself is harmful to some as they charge up their credit cards for high/er dollar machines that they really can't afford in the 1st place causing financial stress to the "believer". And then again - others to sell off their cheaper machines to run out and buy "upgraded" equipment because if they just get a better machine - they'll start finding the "good stuff".

Unfortunately this has become common practice and the only ones benefiting from it are the detector dealers and manufacturers. Those fake TV shows have added to it too - it's sad really and I hope they all just fade away as people get wise to their scams and lose interest. This hobby isn't about getting rich or finding gold coins 5 days a week or piles of silver in the middle of the woods every other week, etc. etc. as some would have people believe and as they try to make people believe with their fake videos/TV shows - - - you either have a true passion for this hobby that goes far beyond the lure of $$ or you don't and IF you do - you do it for that reason and that's it. You don't buy a machine to go out and strike it rich because if that's what you think this hobby is all about and fall for all the BS - you're in for a rude awakening! Most of us here don't live in Europe where you can find 16th century hoards worth millions! Now - does that mean "cache's" are not found here in the US on an occasional basis? No - not at all because they are found by a few lucky hunters on occasion but they are few and far between for sure (and "luck" usually only plays a small part in their quest/finds).

Just my take on the issue (detecting since 1977) take it or leave it.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The truth is, there is no way to know if any of it is real. Whether it be a video, a posted picture, or just a report. As posted, there are a lot of egos involved in the hobby. Some just want attention, others believe posting big finds gains them entry into the "Big Dog" club. And, as already posted, worse are the cleverly titled threads where little more than clad is found. But, we were sucked into wasting our time.

The only way to know what is real is with time. As time goes on, we get to know who the players are. We know who to trust and who might be a question mark. For example, there are a few people who post here, who, unless they are independently wealthy, no way they could fake as much loot as they've found. Others, who find no where as much, because of the low key way in which they post, you know you can trust the find.

In the end none of it matters. Because it's not what "They' find that counts, it's what you find.

If someone is getting off posting fake videos and pictures, really, it is their problem, not ours.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as they admit it :thumbsup:

I know what I wanna Call the lady with a walkie Talkie (starts with a B)
was she actually telling them to get out of the hole ?
or did I get it wrong ?

second Vid too long for my attention Span so :dontknow:

Last edited:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as long as they admit it :thumbsup:

I know what I wanna Call the lady with a walkie Talkie (starts with a B)
was she actually telling them to get out of the hole ?
or did I get it wrong ?

second Vid too long for my attention Span so :dontknow:

I heard that too. Im wonderring why she was telling them to get out. she probably wanted to take it for the city. I thought I heard one of the guys say they were keeping it.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The bogus info gives false hope, and we all know persistence and determination and experience and time will provide more than a few corroded zinc pennies and nails! HH Boris

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that too. Im wonderring why she was telling them to get out. she probably wanted to take it for the city. I thought I heard one of the guys say they were keeping it.

After second play of that portion, It sounded like she was afraid it was a Bomb or something :tongue3:
she said about something being Harmful & I think he said no I saw in it's coins.

But I tell ya What, I wouldn't want to dig up a pile of coins in front of that crowd.
it was like they all swarmed the second they opened it. :o

add all the screaming. makes me wonder was that a frat on the beach or just allot of loud mouthed Drunks ?
or all their friends ?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

must of been out with his white's again

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions