What's new

Found a huge claddagh ring at freshwater beach

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turned out to be a huge disappointment though
I was out in about 5 feet of water - got a blast - scooped
looked in and saw huge band - "OH Yeah! big white gold!" - looked like white gold in the scoop
when I picked it up and saw outside - it looked more like silver and when I looked inside and saw
brushed look and grayish color - I knew I had neither
turned out to be surgical stainless - what a downer
only saving grace is it isnt a cheapo stainless ring
company mark inside - INOX 316L - is a "quality" stainless jeweler supposdly
ring originally sells for $66 - saw it on sale for $38

so its worth a few bucks
DSC00289.webp DSC00291[1].webp
 
Upvote 0
That's the first time I've seen a claddagh ring in metal other than silver or gold.

Nice find, Casper.

Lorraine
 
same here i think - always in at least silver
sign of things to come - next they will be making engagement rings in other metals too
 
Casper, I have a feeling you are correct about the way rings will be made in the future in OTHER metals... but hoping you are wrong... Can't imagine hunting for Stainless or Tungsten... YUK... nice ring you found though... never knew they made them out of stainless.
 
That's the first time I've seen a claddagh ring in metal other than silver or gold.

Nice find, Casper.

Lorraine

I agree with Lorraine. Early versions were mostly 9kt gold then other countries started producing them. Now that gold prices are so high cheaper productions are being made.
For those that don't know the meaning of the ring, if you wear it with the bottom of the heart pointing toward you it means you are spoken for, if pointing away it means you are available.
 
Thanks Les for the info. I found a couple in years past and they are still fun to find but I didn't know the meanings.
 
A little more info for everyone on the Claddah Ring... If you have one with just the hands and NO heart or crown it means friendship.... If you have the one with all 3 symbols it means Love, Loyalty,Friendship.... Spoken for .......
 
Cool claddagh.
 
Looks like a nice haul to me Casper.:icon_thumleft:
 
more fun to find than a penny!! cool ring
 
Nice ring Casper...I keep seeing this more and more STAINLESS,TITAINIUM, TUNGSTEN CARBIDE....Sad what is the world comming to...no gold or silver???? They are charging good money for these rings too!! The TUNGSTEN is super heavy too...I always get a rush thinking "I GOT PLATINUM!!!" Then look in side ..bummer!! It is a cool ring still!
 
Last edited:
I like them in gold but I seem to be finding more and more stainless rings too . Like they say "Sign of the times " (Maybe one day they will be the sought after metal ring "
 
I've seen the same change in rings found, folks just don't have the big money for the price of gold these days
nice find Casper
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom