What's new

Found a nice one today and some heartbreakers

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worked my tail off today and I got all my stuff done by 3 so I headed to the creek . It was a nice sunny day and a great hunt !!!!
 

Attachments

  • image-1069497502.webp
    image-1069497502.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 139
  • image-320564116.webp
    image-320564116.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3813727126.webp
    image-3813727126.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image-312985233.webp
    image-312985233.webp
    113.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image-685924981.webp
    image-685924981.webp
    49 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
You did have a good day. Thanks for sharing.
 
Wow, those are nice! Really like that first one! The one looks similar to the turkey tail we found.
 
Here is a better pic thanks y'all this point is beautiful got a missing ear and a couple ancient dings but I'm happy
 

Attachments

  • image-1420682215.webp
    image-1420682215.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image-4053091206.webp
    image-4053091206.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image-736310995.webp
    image-736310995.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 121
Nice!! What are you calling that one? Copena?
That's different how the cortex was left on the back of that one
 
Is that cortex or two different patinas?
 
That will display nicely.
 
....those are really nice painter, thanks for letting us see'em :)
 
It's way to beveled I believe to b a copena and that different color is the original outside if the material I'm almost positive it's fort payne I really am not sure what type it is I'm still studying it lol maybe someone can help
 
Here's the pic of the bevel
 

Attachments

  • image-3937358397.webp
    image-3937358397.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for all the complements as well ;))))
 
Sweet find on that one maybe TN mountains will chime in and tell us what it is.
 
Really nice points. The one does have cortex on it.
 
The material and/or patina on your finds makes for some beautiful artifacts.
 
Definitely some heartbreakers, and that first one is made out of some pretty mahogany colored material. :icon_thumleft:
 
That's a beauty. Pretty flint.
 
Thanks guys I still am stumped on what type it is i do know that it is fort payne material
 
Nice one! I like that cortex they left on it. I would say for fort payne also. It looks like the ears may have some wear and damage. I am going out on a limb but would you consider a weak worn eared Benton? Here is a benton of fort payne. Not sure I am right but I think what you have is a notched point. What do you think? Yours has a lot of character :tongue3: You sure find a bunch!:notworthy:

photo.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom