What's new

friends find. stone smoking pipe

NicJohn

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
33
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
. edit
 

Attachments

  • image-862057069.webp
    image-862057069.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image-3615747601.webp
    image-3615747601.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image-2654109430.webp
    image-2654109430.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 181
  • image-1215192388.webp
    image-1215192388.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 222
  • image-2590421690.webp
    image-2590421690.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image-3555219073.webp
    image-3555219073.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Upvote 0
He is one lucky fella! That is a very nice relic he found there. Congratulations, my hat is off to him.

Joel
 
Nice artifact find. The material looks like granite. The hole in the bottom? Thanks for the post/view.
 
I know nothing on stone pipes. But that one looks great, congrats
 
I have never found a whole pipe, in fact, I have only found one broken pipe. Thanks for sharing.
 
nice pipe man that thing looks like it would a 1/4 bag of bud lol
 
Nice artifact find. The material looks like granite. The hole in the bottom? Thanks for the post/view.

What a find! It even has a Carb.
That hole in the bottom was covered with a finger while drawing from the bowl.. then removed as inhaling. That allowed the smoke to exit the pipe completely.
 
Wow! That's a very nice find. Congratulations! What part of the country was it found?
 
Wonder if the boat anchor will turn out to be an axe head?
Is it drilled?
 
Killer find! On my wish list of artifacts.
 
reserved
 
Last edited:
Beautiful find. On my list still.
 
Is there a stem hole on the opposite end from the bowl? I have never seen an Indian Pipe with a carb on it. Those are usually only on Pipes used for smoking Pot. Can you get some good pics of the inside of the bowl, the stem hole, and the carb hole? I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but they not be as old as everyone thinks if it actually does have a carberator on it.
 
Is there a stem hole on the opposite end from the bowl? I have never seen an Indian Pipe with a carb on it. Those are usually only on Pipes used for smoking Pot. Can you get some good pics of the inside of the bowl, the stem hole, and the carb hole? I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but they not be as old as everyone thinks if it actually does have a carberator on it.
Lol...I agree.
 
Last edited:
Does the hole go all the way through? I also have never seen one with a carb in it...... I have several pipes, friends always wanted me to try one with the evil weed in it, but I refused to do so becasue I felt it would devalue the pipe, at least to me.... Just disrespectful to me, but that is just my opinion........
 
reserved
 
Last edited:
I have did the research as well and I have never seen any authentic ancient Indian Pipe with a carb. Only Pipes used to smoke Pot have a carb on them. Are you sure it's not just a break in the stem that has been worn smooth from being in the water?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom