What's new

friends find. stone smoking pipe

NicJohn

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
33
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
. edit
 

Attachments

  • image-862057069.webp
    image-862057069.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image-3615747601.webp
    image-3615747601.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image-2654109430.webp
    image-2654109430.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 181
  • image-1215192388.webp
    image-1215192388.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 222
  • image-2590421690.webp
    image-2590421690.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image-3555219073.webp
    image-3555219073.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have did the research as well and I have never seen any authentic ancient Indian Pipe with a carb. Only Pipes used to smoke Pot have a carb on them. Are you sure it's not just a break in the stem that has been worn smooth from being in the water?

I guess it is possible it could have had a fossil that fell out....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Nice find!! I'd have to take blood pressure medication after a find like that
 
I have did the research as well and I have never seen any authentic ancient Indian Pipe with a carb. Only Pipes used to smoke Pot have a carb on them. Are you sure it's not just a break in the stem that has been worn smooth from being in the water?

its not a pot bowl man. lol thanks for the interest and feedback :) HH
 
reserved
 
Last edited:
reserved
 
Last edited:
Can you please tell us where...in your research you found examples with a carb?
 
Can you please tell us where...in your research you found examples with a carb?

Yeah, I'm curious too. I have seen a lot of Pipes over the years and have looked a Gordon Harts Pipe book and I can't recall ever seeing one with a carb on it.
 
I hope that it wasn't a real pipe that some dumb pot smoking hippy added the carb to it after finding it before your friend did. Just a thought.
 
That's a beautiful piece of workmanship! :thumbsup:
 
Nice artifact find. The material looks like granite. The hole in the bottom? Thanks for the post/view.

I think it is made of water-worn steatite. I have a stone pipe in my collection with a hole in the bottom just like this one, too. What a terrific find!

Kindest regards,

Monty
 
Does the hole go all the way through? I also have never seen one with a carb in it...... I have several pipes, friends always wanted me to try one with the evil weed in it, but I refused to do so becasue I felt it would devalue the pipe, at least to me.... Just disrespectful to me, but that is just my opinion........


So now I understand why you wanted that other pipe last year for Christmas :tongue3:
 
You need to provide a picture of the inside of the drilled area/bowl.
 
I hope that it wasn't a real pipe that some dumb pot smoking hippy added the carb to it after finding it before your friend did. Just a thought.

You beat me to it.

Some guy got ahold of it maybe and modified it for skunkweed.
 
you guys are killing me..........kinda funny you all know what a carb is?

we most likely will never know the real story.......just sayin'

steve larson1951
 
That is a bit telling isn't it. 8-)
 
Can't see the hole very well either. Is it possible the maker screwed up when making it and drilled too far? Odd lookin dope pipe. I have seen pics of a pipe that was plugged after that happened
 
Last edited:
Grim Reaper , Here in PA i have seen a few with "carbs" one peice found in Lancaster County has a Bear effigy facing the smoker with a carb in its ass.
 
Hey Man, I've seen that pipe before. I grew up in pa, and lost that on a hunting trip 30 years ago. I thought my cousin snaked it from me, guess he was telling the truth, first time for everything. We caught the dead in scranton that night, real bummer without that pipe. But we found some kind folk who helped us out, it was all good. Glad we could clear up that mystery. I don't suppose you found a 65 vw microbus where you found that pipe? PEACE
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom