What's new

Gas Prices

Paying an average of $4.56 a gal. here in Skagit County, and what's even more
ridiculous is that there is a refinery in Anacortes...on the west end of the county.

There's a ton of taxes in there, no doubt..:BangHead:
 
Prices in our state depends on the wealth of the area. They actually charge more for areas they deem more financially stable and less for areas they believe can’t afford as much

Gas stations also charge much higher prices if they're located near freeway on and off ramps. Nail all those people who are running low on gas and miles away from the next exit. Really sleazy thing to do...
 
I can't do anything about thee fuel prices they gouge from us BUT what i can do for me is limit how much I drive and combine any trips for things that i or my wife needs together and then limit those trips together to save on fuel costs for me. and its still to high for the average old coot like me !
 
We have a local market and hardware store, but stuff's expensive there (and it's an armpit),
and other than than that our nearest anything is 30 miles from home. We make multiple
stops when we do go to town, and my wife usually has a couple medical appt's a week.

Our current car is a 2005 Hyundai with 249,500 miles on it, and it still gets 30 mpg, but
we are about to replace it with something newer. Making 60-70 mile round trips a couple
times a week adds up, and our Hyundai is just too long in the tooth to trust it any longer,
although it's never let me down, yet.
 
Instead of just setting the price for their product that gives them a reasonable profit and charging everyone that fair price? Wouldn't that amount to price gouging in the more affluent areas?
Yes
That way I can pay for the lower income people’s gas whether I want to or not. Kinda like our phones with the fake taxes going to the lower income people so they can have free phones and services
 
We have a local market and hardware store, but stuff's expensive there (and it's an armpit),
and other than than that our nearest anything is 30 miles from home. We make multiple
stops when we do go to town, and my wife usually has a couple medical appt's a week.

Our current car is a 2005 Hyundai with 249,500 miles on it, and it still gets 30 mpg, but
we are about to replace it with something newer. Making 60-70 mile round trips a couple
times a week adds up, and our Hyundai is just too long in the tooth to trust it any longer,
although it's never let me down, yet.
Be careful what you buy. I saw a new Lexus the other day which is a $85k priced SUV and the proud owner was pushing it cause it stopped running. The new ones are a piece of junk on most cars and trucks.
 
I sold my Miata and bought 2005 Tacoma V6 with 163,000 miles for $2000. I replaced front and rear wheel bearings, rear ABS harnesses and sensors and had tune-up done. Into it now for $4,500.

In town getting 17 might. Loved driving my Miata, but it was hard to use for metal detecting and fishing.

i couldn't afford the insurance on 3 vehicles, was only putting maybe 100 miles a month on Miata, so it was costing me $1.00 a mile for insurance.
 
Our Hyundai Elentra is honestly the most dependable and easiest to maintain
car I've ever had. Bought it new in 2005, and the only parts I had to replace
(other than normal maintenance) were the alternator and battery.

I'm looking for a newer Hyundai with around 50k miles, and the budget is
about $9k., and I'll be paying cash, meaning no car payments. Also looking
at the SUV's from Hyundai, as I'd sure love to be able to go back down to
Nevada for some detecting, nugget hunting and rock hounding. :occasion14:

The only real question is if my wife is able to get in and out of the car easily, and won't
know the answer until she gets in one at the dealers.
 
Paying an average of $4.56 a gal. here in Skagit County, and what's even more
ridiculous is that there is a refinery in Anacortes...on the west end of the county.

There's a ton of taxes in there, no doubt..:BangHead:
head over to the reservation.... better price by far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom