What's new

Gas Prices

Since 0800 this morning when posted the current gas price, it has since dropped ten more cents. Hopefully, we’ll start seeing a drop at the grocery store too. Maybe. But I’m not holding my breath.
 
I go to Sams after the gym so I get there early, usually 8:30-8:45am and I'm a + member. I look for meat they have discounted because it is close to freeze by date. And in bulk, get some good buys that way. I also buy it at a Sacks discount grocery, get good buys there too.
 
I go to Sams after the gym so I get there early, usually 8:30-8:45am and I'm a + member. I look for meat they have discounted because it is close to freeze by date. And in bulk, get some good buys that way. I also buy it at a Sacks discount grocery, get good buys there too.
I got some nice prime hamburger patties reduced today. Ate a couple for dinner tonight and still have enough leftovers for another meal
 
Gas price here took a sudden jump of 25 cents yesterday. The stations I pass on my way to work were all at 2.44/gal when I went to work and were at 2.69/gal when I returned home from work. Didn't really see anything on the news that would explain the sudden price hike. When prices increase here it's usually by 10 cents or less, so I thought 25 cents seemed odd.
 
Winter blends are cheaper cuz they don't need to be formulated to fight smog and vapor pressure is needed to volatilize the fuel when cold. Also, the summer driving season is winding down so demand is less. Those may be the most influential factors on price.
Expect a reversal in spring.
 
Post deleted, I understand it was most likely not seen that this is "General Discussion" forum and not "politics forum."

Please remember our rules on politics, thanks.
:icon_thumleft:
 
Been a jump in parts of the great lakes region.
BP Whiting Refinery in Indiana had a fire last week. Gas is starting to stabilize in price.

I seldom complain about gas costs.
Refineries are as crazy as anything involving potential disaster.
And what goes in one end (nasty stuff ) and the variety that comes out takes a lot of equipment and processing.
And unlike a horse (and yes I've cared for some) you only have to feed a motor vehicle to use it.
140 year history. (?)
1400 acre site. (?)
440,000 barrels a day capacity.
That is big.
 
Please keep in mind this is not the politics forum.
 
Here in the mountains I paid $2.91 a gallon last week, and that was the first time we've seen it under $3 a gallon for quite a while. Surprised me to see pretty much in line with the rest of the country. I shouldn't complain about it, cause this is a resort area and they gouge locals along with tourists. Never buy gas along the interstate up here. Go into town.
 
Here in the mountains I paid $2.91 a gallon last week, and that was the first time we've seen it under $3 a gallon for quite a while. Surprised me to see pretty much in line with the rest of the country. I shouldn't complain about it, cause this is a resort area and they gouge locals along with tourists. Never buy gas along the interstate up here. Go into town.
$3.63 here but you have to figure hunting season is here and that makes the price go up.
 
I was in Biloxi yesterday and regular gas is down to 2.17
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom