What's new

Ill probably get razed for this but does it seem like posts are mean lately?

Bev

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
299
Reaction score
174
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll probably get razed for this but does it seem like posts are mean lately?

I'm pretty busy most of the time. I come on, look around to try and catch up on things. Here and there I'll post a find or what not.

Lately, I'll browse around and starting reading a thread or two and all of a sudden the posts just get derogatory, insulting and end up coming to down-right name calling. I'll look and if I see it's a newer member, I'll just fluff it off to some bored TROLL. Other times it looks like they are long time members!

I'm not going to name any thread or any member in particular because it's not really necessary. Also because they're not hard to find.

I know I'll get some posts telling me to deal with it or go away but I may not be the only one who sees this nasty trend escalating. I'm just thinking that we could be losing both new members and seasoned members, both of whom may have a lot of valuable input.

I dont expect everyone on here to be saints or angels but I bet a lot of people want to post and think twice about it, not wanting it to be misinterpreted.
 
Last edited:
i know what you mean i hate seeing disrespectful stuff makes me mad. i dont thank there happy unless there starting drama with someone
 
I think the good and bad is pretty equal on here...just as much patting on the back as there is punching in the gut...except I get punched more than I get patted.
 
I dont think anyone should be apprehensive to share on this or any other site that provides an open forum. Being "punched in the gut" describes some of the replies I read. If you think someone is lying about their circumstances or you think it's a spammer looking to antagonize, report the post and let the administrator take a look. They're not here to proof read every single post but they are here to help and to intervene if someone is not being treated fairly.
I've said it before that print is very easily misinterpreted. You can't go be inflection in someone's voice or physical cues. To be honest, some people just are not good at conveying what they're trying to say. If you arent sure what they mean, instead of assuming they are looking to offend- ask them to elaborate. No big deal and hey, maybe they actually were trying to offend- then click click report and let the administrators handle it.
Those are my thoughts and I do know a few that arent looking at this site as often because of it. Let's not alienate people that may have a lot to learn or a lot to offer.
 
could be cabin fever. what is a spammer? spam in email is junk mail right?
 
I think part of the problem, not all of it for certain, is this form of communication. When you read a post it is hard to tell what the demeanor of the person writing it is. They could be laughing and think they are just making a joke, but all we see are the words. When you are face to face and a person says something sarcastic, trying to be funny, you can see and hear it in the way they said it. Here, all you see is the written word.

I recently made a post asking for help with an identification and one of the replies accused me of beating women. I just ignored it. The person does not know me and should not make such assumptions about others. I gave them the beefit of the doubt and just let it go. I hope they were simply trying to be funny and failed.
 
I may have the term wrong- I think spammer like an invisible weasel who lurks and then spins threads into something they're not, starts bullying and insulting people just to see how many people he can get to jump on board till the poor guy is just pummeled and humiliated. I'll be glad to edit if someone has the right word for that.

...Exactly GrizLeeBear.... that's why texting is so tough...
 
Last edited:
I see. I think it;s just people who think they are always right.
 
Always a couple rotten apples in every basket, haven't been doing this long but so far everybody I've communicated with has been very decent and helpful. Every social site you spend any time on will always have it's share of Keyboard Kings and adolescent brain surgeons who know it all and get their jollies stirring up trouble.....or are just plain morons. But the upside is they are a minority, more good folks on here than bad, GrizLeeBear has great advice when coming across one of them types I think.
Happy hunting!!
~Cap'n Rich~
 
Last edited:
Everybody is tired of being cooped up with the winter weather and are getting frustrated about not being able to get out and hunt. Spring is coming soon. Play nice with each other children!!!!!
 
it is a long winter this year sorry if i a fended any one
but you have to stir the pot some time

liftloop
 
Well, the way I look at it, it is either/or: Hemp, XXX, cabin fever or someone who is tired of changing his bullet proof vest every day. lol ...Frank

Blue 1212.webpBlue
 
You know it Bev.

I just got lambasted by some clown who spewed effluent like a runaway septic system.

He jumped on me like I was a red-headed step child.

He came right out and basically called me a liar. (they are real brave when they can hide in the ether world)

Incidentally I contacted a state historical commission associate and got my response today. I have forwarded it to another member here to show proof of what I speak. I feel no further need to prove it to anyone else

least of all to the spoiler who made those brash assumptions.

Woops, I'm ranting, sorry.

I wasn't born yesterday and realize one needs a coat of iron to post in most forums, but little civility wouldn't be wrong in the offing.

HH,

BW
 
I'm pretty busy most of the time. I come on, look around to try and catch up on things. Here and there I'll post a find or what not.

Lately, I'll browse around and starting reading a thread or two and all of a sudden the posts just get derogatory, insulting and end up coming to down-right name calling. I'll look and if I see it's a newer member, I'll just fluff it off to some bored spammer. Other times it looks like they are long time members!

I'm not going to name any thread or any member in particular because it's not really necessary. Also because they're not hard to find.

I know I'll get some posts telling me to deal with it or go away but I may not be the only one who sees this nasty trend escalating. I'm just thinking that we could be losing both new members and seasoned members, both of whom may have a lot of valuable input.

I dont expect everyone on here to be saints or angels but I bet a lot of people want to post and think twice about it, not wanting it to be misinterpreted.

Hi Bev ,
Thanks for addressing the subject of unkind messages .
I am new since December and most of the time people have been pretty kind and supportive.
I have had a few experiences that were not so positive and we're both antagonistic and I felt aggressive as well.
Once I am aware of that kind of approach I stay away from contact and the threads that seem to attract those folks .
Thanks for addressing this issue ...
Barb
 
We can disagree with each other... For we all have different likes & dislikes ...... I like to disagree with some posts ...... I really do like to disagree at times it keeps the blood flowing............ But when they get in to the name calling .... and sending PM's to others it gets out of hand..... some just get to carried away ...And take every thing to seriously ....... But you just have to learn to pay no attention to them.....
 
We can disagree with each other... For we all have different likes & dislikes ...... I like to disagree with some posts ...... I really do like to disagree at times it keeps the blood flowing............ But when they get in to the name calling .... and sending PM's to others it gets out of hand..... some just get to carried away ...And take every thing to seriously ....... But you just have to learn to pay no attention to them.....

I've never done it, but if it is really offensive, or the person seems to be offensive most of the time, can't they be put on an ignore list, or something like that?
 
I've never done it, but if it is really offensive, or the person seems to be offensive most of the time, can't they be put on an ignore list, or something like that?
.... Yes you can... But i don't..... I guess i just have to hear what they have to say.........
 
Most all of the forums have nice disscussions with little arguing...now General discussion is another story...The same people you see arguing in General disscussion are as nice as they can be in the other forums...the Mods do a great job of keeping everything civil and T-NET has some pretty strict rules when it comes to bad behavior...everytime someone breaks the rules the mods straighten it out pretty quick...all you have to do is report the person that is hurting your feelings, as long as he is breaking the rules...I personally cant get offended or have my feelings hurt by someone I dont even know. Some people get offended when they dont get a positive response from everyone. There are a lot of great helpful people on T-NET...Im not going to let a few bad ones ruin my day and I hope no one else does.
 
Most all of the forums have nice disscussions with little arguing...now General discussion is another story...The same people you see arguing in General disscussion are as nice as they can be in the other forums...the Mods do a great job of keeping everything civil and T-NET has some pretty strict rules when it comes to bad behavior...everytime someone breaks the rules the mods straighten it out pretty quick...all you have to do is report the person that is hurting your feelings, as long as he is breaking the rules...I personally cant get offended or have my feelings hurt by someone I dont even know. Some people get offended when they dont get a positive response from everyone. There are a lot of great helpful people on T-NET...Im not going to let a few bad ones ruin my day and I hope no one else does.
So does this mean we could get along if we met face to face?? :laughing7::hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom