What's new

Ill probably get razed for this but does it seem like posts are mean lately?

I think I got into it with you before Jason but I dont hold grudges and like you say, someone could be having a bad day.

Yeah, we have in the past. At times I'm guilty of all the wrongs I listed in my post. I hold nothing against you for past arguments, and truthfully I don't even remember what they were about.

I could probably argue with you about something today, and I'd be happy to hunt with you tomorrow. Life is too short to hold grudges.
 
Yeah, we have in the past. At times I'm guilty of all the wrongs I listed in my post. I hold nothing against you for past arguments, and truthfully I don't even remember what they were about.

I could probably argue with you about something today, and I'd be happy to hunt with you tomorrow. Life is too short to hold grudges.
I dont remember what it was either...thats how much it matters to me...I think most people on here are that way...I need someone to give me a reality check every now and then, if not, my head would get to big to get through the door :laughing7:
 
I dont remember what it was either...thats how much it matters to me...I think most people on here are that way...I need someone to give me a reality check every now and then, if not, my head would get to big to get through the door :laughing7:

:laughing7:..................you did acuse me of being a member of PETA...that was a low blow,that I dont know if I can recover from?..................That was a first,I have to admit!
 
I think the BEST way to get people to stop the back-biting is to NOT respond to offensive remarks. Responding is EXACTLY what they want. No response = no fight. TTC
 
:laughing7:..................you did acuse me of being a member of PETA...that was a low blow,that I dont know if I can recover from?..................That was a first,I have to admit!
I didnt say you were a PETA member...I said please tell me your NOT a PETA member...I was hoping you werent...I thought you were putting down hunting...that conversation was a good example of how things in print dont get conveyed the same way they do in person...if your a hunter then you are my brother.
 
I think the BEST way to get people to stop the back-biting is to NOT respond to offensive remarks. Responding is EXACTLY what they want. No response = no fight. TTC

Terry you are so right! That is what they wantcause they can't handle getting along,,,sums it all up! Thanks for that just don't take the bait!!!
 
I think the BEST way to get people to stop the back-biting is to NOT respond to offensive remarks. Responding is EXACTLY what they want. No response = no fight. TTC
Your right, it takes two to fight...but sometimes you have to stand up or get run over...but I understand what your saying...in a forum you can just ignore them and they will go away and find someone else who will fight with them. :icon_thumleft:
 
Well Bev, you were worried for nothing...no one has 'razed' you!
 

RAZE... RAZE... RAZE...

Well, Bev.. are you happy now!!??

He..he..he..

Best at ya!
-Wayne



 
I think part of the problem is that we include groups of people that were raised at different times with different standards. My father taught me to treat all people the same until I found out otherwise. The standards were higher when I was raised. We respected older people because they had acquired knowledge and experience that was beyond ours. When we heard a good singer sing well, we admired there talent ,We didn't set them up as some type of god to worship. Sports figures were admired for there talent. They didn't slam the ball down and jump around as if saying dam I"m great, they politely handed the ball to the reff. Basket ball players also tossed the ball to the ref. They didn't swing on the hoop in a dam I'm great display. People knew that if you were good at something people would see it and it wasn't necessary to toot your own horn.
So here we have it different opinions from different generations. There just seems to be some friction there.
Just my older opinion..........Frank

rose on ice 700 this one.webp
 

Attachments

  • 7-06  WOODCUTS 031-d.webp
    7-06 WOODCUTS 031-d.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Early on I put Frankn on Ignore. For almost 3 days.
Now I think his irritable art work doesn't compliment his knowledge and wisdom. LOL
And I sort of miss TICM. Hope he is well.
Ray
It must not have been an important post, because I can't even remember answering one of your posts. Sorry you don't like my images, but that is life. Have a good day Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.webp
 
I think part of the problem is that we include groups of people that were raised at different times with different standards. My father taught me to treat all people the same until I found out otherwise. The standards were higher when I was raised. We respected older people because they had acquired knowledge and experience that was beyond ours. When we heard a good singer sing well, we admired there talent ,We didn't set them up as some type of god to worship. Sports figures were admired for there talent. They didn't slam the ball down and jump around as if saying dam I"m great, they politely handed the ball to the reff. Basket ball players also tossed the ball to the ref. They didn't swing on the hoop in a dam I'm great display. People knew that if you were good at something people would see it and it wasn't necessary to toot your own horn.
So here we have it different opinions from different generations. There just seems to be some friction there.
Just my older opinion..........Frank

View attachment 744892
I think your right Frankn...thats why they call em the good ole days, they really were.
 
I think your right Frankn...thats why they call em the good ole days, they really were.

Some call them the days of repression and innocence ....not such great days for women I'm afraid..
 
I think the BEST way to get people to stop the back-biting is to NOT respond to offensive remarks. Responding is EXACTLY what they want. No response = no fight. TTC

Exactly right! I had someone direct a snarky comment towards me in the gen discussion threads today. They were trying to get a rise out of me. OK, i couldn't resist not responding. I hit the like button on their comment! Handling it that way let's them know i saw their comment, don't care enough to waste my time with a post and has the added benefit of not derailing the thread.
 
Some call them the days of repression and innocence ....not such great days for women I'm afraid..
I was talking about last week.
 
Keppy,

Like you I miss ticm's sense of humor and funny posts....don't know all the details but believe he got into a dust up of some such on one of the 2nd amendment threads and said his goodbyes....maybe he'll come back at some point.

Let's say I got involved in a few dust ups....luckily I'm admin on another forum....so I'm pretty thick skinned and try not to take it personally.....but yeah most folks are pretty decent and helpful....

Putting so many people together with various views, personalities, etc....things tend to get a bit dysfunctional at times..

Regards + HH

Bill


I still wonder why ..tcim .. left and he went fast.....
 

RAZE... RAZE... RAZE...



Well, Bev.. are you happy now!!??

He..he..he..

Best at ya!
-Wayne





Wow... I feel really abused and I want you all removed! :laughing7:
 
Seriously there are some great points in this posts. Looking at words and pics you forget there are people behind them. Instead of smiley faces is there a yellow penalty flag icon we can throw?
 
I was talking about last week.

Didn't read it that way, thought your response was to frank so perhaps it would have made more sense for me to respond to his post..:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom