Is anyone sailing this ship ?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Getting a bit frustrated. There have been ongoing issues with the site for well over a month with double posting, bogus "duplicate post" popup boxes and then there is actually only one post when you finally get where you're going, "do you want to leave this page or stay" crap, and a multitude of other weird glitches. There have been multiple threads started concerning this by a variety of different folks, and NOTHING is being done to fix it. Mods are posting with suggestions and asking questions. Some are suggesting that it might be broswer related even though several of us are having the same issues using multiple different browsers and have said so. Someone suggested it's related to the time of day but it's clearly not. I assume it's not a moderators job to actually do the work of debugging the system so is there someone in charge of those type of things ? The moderators appear to be trying to ask the right questions and I commend them for that but where is the fix it guy ? Are they on an extended vacation ? I'm beginning to think there's not anyone working on this problem... Something is BROKEN. It's not related to what browser we use. It's not related to what time it is. Sorry. Getting tired of excuses. Contemplating paying up for the Charter membership so I can access the new "politics" forum but not until something changes in the way this joint is managed... ???

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not getting the double posting,or the problem with the pictures,but I get the rest of the crap.I'm telling yeah its the curse of the 2nd:laughing7:.If it works dont fix it.

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Just tried to post on the thread about seeded hunts and got this....

Attachments

• snapshot3.jpeg
    snapshot3.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 113

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was having "leave this page" messages all day yesterday. None yet today though. I was reading one thread this morning where the post was doubled.....

I'm feeling pretty lonely in the politics forum.......

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since you asked so nicely... :laughing7:

We have a full time guy, and while he has a lot on his plate, he's very aware of the little glitches and is working on a solution. The problems are intermittent, and can't always be duplicated on our end immediately. Add to that the fact that each browser, and subsequent plug-in, reacts in its own unique way to the script, it gets complicated.

If you do experience any issues, try to get a screen cap or at least an error code of whats going on. It's a huge shortcut for our guy.

Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all are seeing the issues. ...

Being in the telcom and data field, installing and repairing Cisco routers, I can speak from exoerience that it is real hard to find and fix issues you can't recreate.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been having the issues too along with a couple others :(

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have "issues," but they are not site related.. :thumbsup:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found at least one of the issues in the last half hour. Let me know if anything continues.

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Well, since you asked so nicely... :laughing7:

We have a full time guy, and while he has a lot on his plate, he's very aware of the little glitches and is working on a solution. The problems are intermittent, and can't always be duplicated on our end immediately. Add to that the fact that each browser, and subsequent plug-in, reacts in its own unique way to the script, it gets complicated.

If you do experience any issues, try to get a screen cap or at least an error code of whats going on. It's a huge shortcut for our guy.

Thanks!
Sorry man. Just frustrated. Many of us asked nicely many times and not a word was said about looking into it. Just people suggesting that it was browser related, time of day related, how long we took to compose our post, etc. None of which had anything to do with the real problem since it's been randomly happening to nearly everyone regardless of the circumstances. My apologies for the way I came across. As you know there have been many frustrating things happening here for awhile now and hopefully things will settle down and get back to "normal" whatever that is.. Thanks for the update. As soon as I click "submit reply" I'll know if the problems I've been having are resolved. :thumbsup:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just in case this might help in pinning down the problem source....

Yesterday, I was posting fine in responding to posts. Then I saw the new politics forum, and received access. To this point everything went smoothly, no problems.

Then in the new forum, bare as it was, I started populating it. Every single new thread I started, I'd click to start new thread, and the screen would essentially turn white. I'd click "Refresh" on my browser (Firefox), and then the "Leave Page" message would pop up. I'd click to leave the page. The thread was there. Then when I'd go to start a new thread, same thing would happen.

I responded to posts outside of this forum prior to, and after this issue without a problem. So my problems yesterday seemed to apply specifically to the new forum...

I haven't attempted to start a new thread in the political forum today.

Hope this helps...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just started a new thread in political with no problems

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted on many threads that I was relaying the problems to admins to look into it.....

We have several running threads on these issues posted on the admin forum..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Sorry my friend.. Us heathens don't have access to the admin forum or what goes on in there. I'm not sure I want to know... LoL On a happy note at 11:52 this morning my son and his wife gave me my first grandson. Got 2 grand daughters but this is the first boy. Now I have someone to hand down all the family junk to. a mid 1800s Gold pocket watch that's been in the family since it was new, etc. And I also got notified today that my application for the Sons of the American Revolution is complete and being submitted. Do you have any idea how difficult it is locating 250 year old birth certificates & things of that nature... It's been a LONG process.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but I posted admins were looking into it as did other mods...

Congrats on new grandboy!!!

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that issue a few weeks back, but haven't lately.

One thing i do notice is that fact that ANYTIME i try and use the pulldown menu to check my PM's....it just happens to close right when i click on it and forces me to open ads....Now normally that would bother me...but i think its a hell of a way to get some clicks on them ads

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that issue a few weeks back, but haven't lately.

One thing i do notice is that fact that ANYTIME i try and use the pulldown menu to check my PM's....it just happens to close right when i click on it and forces me to open ads....Now normally that would bother me...but i think its a hell of a way to get some clicks on them ads

I have had that issue since the new format. I haven't worried about it since that isn't a problem on the phone apps.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry my friend.. Us heathens don't have access to the admin forum or what goes on in there. I'm not sure I want to know... LoL On a happy note at 11:52 this morning my son and his wife gave me my first grandson. Got 2 grand daughters but this is the first boy. Now I have someone to hand down all the family junk to. a mid 1800s Gold pocket watch that's been in the family since it was new, etc. And I also got notified today that my application for the Sons of the American Revolution is complete and being submitted. Do you have any idea how difficult it is locating 250 year old birth certificates & things of that nature... It's been a LONG process.

if he doesn't want it I'll take that camaro!!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Im a lil constipated today. Must be all the coin roll threads messing it up?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread