JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a point where beating the dead horse becomes apparent as a waste of time. :dontknow:

Is that the thumpin sound? thinking man.gif

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might take something like this....but in technicolor, to revive that poor old horse.
Or at least in Kodachrome....

all gold 1.png

Couldn't be Jesuit could it, cause they didn't have any.
And the bags look modern, so it could all be fake.....

ps: not my own photo, but I like it anyway

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful what you cook up - sometimes those fish have worms.

Good advice, and noted.
But I think I'll let the chef worry about any worms there might be.
I've heard there's no need for lemons with his cuisine.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! I thought you had all gone off on a Jesuit treasure hunting vacation without me!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'day, coffee time? From the bars, this originates in the Orient, Most fo those coins are Mexican, Manilla trade ???

Yep.. lotsa variety there, hammered and milled gold and silver. Mexico and China for sure... maybe Peru too.... ($$) markings.
No adobe dollars, though.

A single 8 escudo Lima cob, from a similar collection was recently marketed for US $40,000.--
Nice return on something that would easily fit in the change pocket of your old Levis.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprinfield I have been giving it a lot of thought the question that arises in my mind is why didn't he, or Inez, ever go back.to the region, or the company that she represented, ? or did they ????

He apparently continued exploring, whiile she went into private life. Lot's of question to be answered.I can find a logical answer to all of my questions, but since there was no sequel to the trip, I will never know - but I would love to try -----

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Sprinfield I have been giving it a lot of thought the question that arises in my mind is why didn't he, or Inez, ever go back.to the region, or the company that she represented, ? or did they ????

He apparently continued exploring, whiile she went into private life. Lot's of question to be answered.I can find a logical answer to all of my questions, but since there was no sequel to the trip, I will never know - but I would love to try -----

As you recall, they allegedly carried 50 pounds of placer out with them. They were forced to leave 20 pounds on the trail, but that still gave them 30 pounds - 15 each when they reached Quito. That's about 220 troy ounces - $290,000 each (today's values). Not a bad nest egg, and as you say, what was to prevent them from returning? It would have been a much easier trip the second time if they started out from Ecuador. You're right, it's a cold trail now.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rivers Ran East

You could hook up with this group, but me...I'll keep plugging away out in the Sups.
Might lose your head out there, but at least it won't be downsized and wind up hanging from the rafters in someone's grass shack.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The Rivers Ran East

You could hook up with this group, but me...I'll keep plugging away out in the Sups.
Might lose your head out there, but at least it won't be downsized and wind up hanging from the rafters in someone's grass shack.

Well, Clark and Pokorny are long dead now, but they had the good fortune of experiencing a bona fide unscripted adventure. Unfortunately, in today's world most of our choices are mostly virtual reality, such as the Superstition Theme Park, and maybe the Amazon Theme Park too. I suspect those shrunken heads are mostly monkeys or wooden carvings nowadays.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember back in the late 50's, when these rubber ones were all the rage.
You could buy one at the corner store for about 50 cents.

shrunken-head.png

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread