What's new

KGC Hoot Owl Trees with Symbols & Letters

SEOK

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Hoot Owl trees near a very famous Civil War Fort, can someone help with deciphering the symbols and letters...or is there a resource(book of symbols, etc.) out there to help me decipher these symbols?...please send a private message and not post on this thread with any info so I can talk with you more about it. The two white pages are drawings of what is on the 2 trees with a directional compass I drew on top of page for direction and the big V's with the compass up top represent the direction the limb elbows are pointing above the markings...any help is appreciated. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250607_133526_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133526_Gallery.webp
    758 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_20250607_133922_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133922_Gallery.webp
    317.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20250607_133836_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133836_Gallery.webp
    607.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20250607_133930_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133930_Gallery.webp
    582.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20250607_133936_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133936_Gallery.webp
    601.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_20250607_133941_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133941_Gallery.webp
    461.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20250607_133957_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133957_Gallery.webp
    468.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20250607_134003_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_134003_Gallery.webp
    581.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20250607_133952_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133952_Gallery.webp
    421.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20250607_134135_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_134135_Gallery.webp
    704.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20250607_133903_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133903_Gallery.webp
    316.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20250607_133858_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133858_Gallery.webp
    613 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20250607_133847_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133847_Gallery.webp
    558.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20250607_133611_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133611_Gallery.webp
    637.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20250607_134149_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_134149_Gallery.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20250607_134202_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_134202_Gallery.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20250607_133803_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133803_Gallery.webp
    538.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20250607_133809_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133809_Gallery.webp
    558.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20250607_133818_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133818_Gallery.webp
    573.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20250607_133825_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133825_Gallery.webp
    436.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20250607_133830_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133830_Gallery.webp
    557 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20250607_133836_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20250607_133836_Gallery.webp
    607.8 KB · Views: 138
Sentinels maintain hoot owl trees, especially if the old trees die off or fall. They plant new trees and repeat the markings. There are meanings in the carvings, but I don't see anything that represents a direction or starting location. Follow the direction of the pointing limb, and see if other trees appear. Follow the bread crumbs.
 
This is why most of us that are serious trackers, don't waste our time posting here. Spend several years walking the hoot owl trails following the tree signs on your own. I guarantee if you make a rookie mistake around an active site the watchers will let you know. The ones in my area, are first class woodsmen and it only took a single rookie mistake on my part for them to know I was in the area. In my case they left new carvings on a tree where I crossed a small creek. I left a single footprint for them to find @ the creek. I know better and should have gotten wet and left no tracks. If your serious, expect resistance from people that can't even follow a bent tree trail and don't know where to start. Most bent tree clues are directional in nature. Follow them and see where they lead. As time goes on, you will develop a method of tracking them through your area.
 
This is why most of us that are serious trackers, don't waste our time posting here. Spend several years walking the hoot owl trails following the tree signs on your own. I guarantee if you make a rookie mistake around an active site the watchers will let you know. The ones in my area, are first class woodsmen and it only took a single rookie mistake on my part for them to know I was in the area. In my case they left new carvings on a tree where I crossed a small creek. I left a single footprint for them to find @ the creek. I know better and should have gotten wet and left no tracks. If your serious, expect resistance from people that can't even follow a bent tree trail and don't know where to start. Most bent tree clues are directional in nature. Follow them and see where they lead. As time goes on, you will develop a method of tracking them through your area.
So bent trees & graffiti trees in the forrest are signs maintained by sentinels? Who and these "sentinels and why does no one ever see them?
 
So bent trees & graffiti trees in the forrest are signs maintained by sentinels? Who and these "sentinels and why does no one ever see them?
Who are they? That's a very good question. IMHO, most are simply "left over" relatives of a member of the "organization" from the past. Many aren't even sure where to look, but know a general area based on oral tradition. Why don't we see them? Another very good question. With the exception of the one fresh tree carving, I mentioned earlier, all the bent trees/carvings in my area seem to have not been updated since the 1970's-80's or so. There are 2 and sometimes 3 different size growth trees (think over the years) in my general area. Now out west, I've read stories how new cactus plantings "just seem to appear" with no one aware. Again, IMHO, this is a group marking up their particular area. Many "bent trees" or "trees with graffiti" are simply that and nothing more. However, with that said, over time, a tracker who is serious about the craft will learn to tell the difference.
 
Who are they? That's a very good question. IMHO, most are simply "left over" relatives of a member of the "organization" from the past. Many aren't even sure where to look, but know a general area based on oral tradition. Why don't we see them? Another very good question. With the exception of the one fresh tree carving, I mentioned earlier, all the bent trees/carvings in my area seem to have not been updated since the 1970's-80's or so. There are 2 and sometimes 3 different size growth trees (think over the years) in my general area. Now out west, I've read stories how new cactus plantings "just seem to appear" with no one aware. Again, IMHO, this is a group marking up their particular area. Many "bent trees" or "trees with graffiti" are simply that and nothing more. However, with that said, over time, a tracker who is serious about the craft will learn to tell the difference.
Well then, I guess my next question is what are these "trackers" hoping to find?
 
Why is this group of "sentinels" marking up their area? Why not get a bunch of trail cams and catch one of these things in the act. Or are they like mythical Big Feets and Unicorns.....no one can ever seem to get a real picture of one for some reason.
 
I don't know all the answers. Read "Rebel Gold" and "The Black Book". 90 plus percent of everything known is there. Then read everything here on Tnet. Start with a man called Boat Tow. He is a true tracker but doesn't post anymore. For my area, it seems that cannons in boxes were buried in at least a couple places. I know where a couple empty holes are near carving sites. West down Hwy. 80 @ Ruston, gold coins were found. Some say its part of Lafittes treasure, but who knows? All I do know for sure is the same trees and trails are here in north Louisiana as in Arkansas where Mr. Brewer is. He has knowledge and skills that I do not and hopefully he and others will finally reaveal some of what they know.
 
Cool! KGC was/is a real organization that really did bury treasure and there are undoubtedly caches lost to time still out there. Most of the big KGC treasure hoards are likely buried really deep. The small hoards are nearer to the surface and often just consist of a mason jar full of silver dollars and/or small gold pieces, nothing you can really retire on. You will need ground penetrating radar to find the huge caches. These were meant to help found and fund a nation so they likely contain over several million dollars each in gold and silver treasures.
 
I don't know all the answers. Read "Rebel Gold" and "The Black Book". 90 plus percent of everything known is there.
I've read them. The Black Book is pure fiction. Rebel Gold is "highly imaginative." If that's 90% of everything known, then not much is known.
 
Cool! KGC was/is a real organization that really did bury treasure and there are undoubtedly caches lost to time still out there. Most of the big KGC treasure hoards are likely buried really deep. The small hoards are nearer to the surface and often just consist of a mason jar full of silver dollars and/or small gold pieces, nothing you can really retire on. You will need ground penetrating radar to find the huge caches. These were meant to help found and fund a nation so they likely contain over several million dollars each in gold and silver treasures.
The KGC was real, but the claims of their caching massive treasures comes from some sensationalized story telling backed up with zero evidence. What's the difference between a small KGC mason jar cache and an ordinary mason jar cache buried by an ordinary person? Just the story that is told about the cache, that's all. And all those massive treasures that not a single person has seen. With dirt poor hillbilly sentinels guarding them? Waiting for what?
 
This is why most of us that are serious trackers, don't waste our time posting here. Spend several years walking the hoot owl trails following the tree signs on your own. I guarantee if you make a rookie mistake around an active site the watchers will let you know. The ones in my area, are first class woodsmen and it only took a single rookie mistake on my part for them to know I was in the area. In my case they left new carvings on a tree where I crossed a small creek. I left a single footprint for them to find @ the creek. I know better and should have gotten wet and left no tracks. If your serious, expect resistance from people that can't even follow a bent tree trail and don't know where to start. Most bent tree clues are directional in nature. Follow them and see where they lead. As time goes on, you will develop a method of tracking them through your area.
What were the new carvings?

I had something similar happen to me. When I started studying two important areas, a new 33 showed up just below an important carving. Several years latter, I was putting a lot of time at a nearby area and a heart and a couple other symbols were painted on a tree. I wasn't doing any digging, so I just ignored them. Probably somebody trying to spook me. I've always been careful when I'm in the woods, so they were staying concealed or they might have been using trail cameras to watch the place. Who would do something like that? Who knows? It could have been somebody like me who was trying to protect the site.

AF.webp


150.webp
 
Last edited:
Who are they? That's a very good question. IMHO, most are simply "left over" relatives of a member of the "organization" from the past. Many aren't even sure where to look, but know a general area based on oral tradition. Why don't we see them? Another very good question. With the exception of the one fresh tree carving, I mentioned earlier, all the bent trees/carvings in my area seem to have not been updated since the 1970's-80's or so. There are 2 and sometimes 3 different size growth trees (think over the years) in my general area. Now out west, I've read stories how new cactus plantings "just seem to appear" with no one aware. Again, IMHO, this is a group marking up their particular area. Many "bent trees" or "trees with graffiti" are simply that and nothing more. However, with that said, over time, a tracker who is serious about the craft will learn to tell the difference.
You might be able to sort the important carvings from the graffiti by measurement. When I go into the field, I take a 5 foot cloth tape with me. I measure the carvings, that I think might be important, and look for similar measurements. I find a lot of 13's and 33's. For example, I might find a carved heart that measures 15" on one side and 18" on the other side. Both sides add up to 33". The French word for gold is OR and the numerical value of O is 15 and the numerical value of R is 18. 15+18=33. The measurements are kind of like a confirmation of the carving.
 
I thought this was kind off neat. The drawing is of a heart shaped boulder at a Spanish camp. I couldn't get a good picture of it so I'm using a drawing. Anyway, The measurements add up to 141". The picture on the right shows a small heart that was found about twelve miles west of the Spanish camp. The heart in the picture measures 33" around. I'll show you how the site engineer turned a 141" heart into a 33" heart. The left side of the big heart measures 67" and the right side of the heart measures 38" and 36". The 38" and 36" measurements are separated by a notch chiseled out of the side of the rock. So, the big heart has measurements of 67", 38" and 36". Add all the single digits up and you get 6+7+3+8+3+6=33". This gives you two hearts 33" around and twelve miles apart.

heart stone 500.webp


small heart.webp
 
For what it's worth, my working model. The KGC itself was a real Civil War organization, and they cached stuff, marked the caches with clues and had coded maps leading to them. These caches were likely intended to be retrieved sooner rather than later. You know, "The South shall rise again."

Fast forward. The Organization isn't known as the KGC any more, but the players and the game are roughly similar, although important changes occurred in the earlier decades of the 20th Century. The game: influential "patriots" are maintaining gold caches until the USA government fails, at which time they will then retrieve the gold and have the economic strength to amass political power. This concept went on steroids - first, following the creation of the Federal Reserve in 1913, and again following the Gold Act of 1933.

What were the important changes? First, the existing caches had to be better secured. Some of the maps and clues leading to the early loot piles had become compromised with an increasing number of outsiders becoming aware of their existence and the clues leading to their possible discoveries. This was the time when there were indeed sentinels guarding the goods. How were the caches then better concealed? Some of the older ones were moved. Many new one were being established. This went on for decades, with particular heavy activity occurring in the 1930s and 1980s. Most importantly, the security methods went from a checkers approach to a chess game.

Cache locations became identified by highly accurate surveyed coordinates, sometimes in locations off limits to nosy outsiders, but often in difficult but legally accessible terrain open to the public. These more accessible caches were marked with a complex array of physical clues in the general vicinity - carvings, buried metal items, manipulated trees, et al, often set in patterns related to mathematical models and/or sacred geometrical lore. Follow the breadcrumbs. Many times a fabricated cover story was added to explain where the gold originally came from - the sort of tale that old newspaper articles and treasure magazines relished. Frequently, the well-used "Mexican with a map" showed up to lead local seekers to the clues that then led nowhere. Then the Black Book in particular was published in 1975, followed by much more KGC-based lore becoming public from that point on.

Why all this deception? Security. Hide the gold in widespread subtle locations only retrievable by an Organization surveyor. Only insiders have this info. These kinds of operations are privately carried out in the field, but locals can be observant and rumors can be born. This curiosity needs to be misdirected in a believable manner. Fabricate a history of hidden gold in the area and manufacture mysterious clues designed the run searchers in circles until they get old and die or get frustrated and quit the search. Meanwhile, the goods remain safely hidden.

By the way, like mdog's recent "33" carving, I've found similar ones in "KGC search areas" that I know for certain were fresh. I attribute these to pranksters. Are there sentinals roaming the hills threatening innocent treasure hunters? No, IMO these are less innocent treasure hunters trying to protect "their" prize.
 
I'm sorry to say, I don't have pics or remember what was on that tree by the creek MDog. I was there looking for a secret trail northwest to a place called "Old camp place". This was a stage stop on Hwy 80 and mentioned in the book " Buried treasures you can find" under Louisiana. There are two burial stories associated with this area from the civil war. I did find what's left of that trail that day and never went back. The buried cannon story and one of the empty holes I mentioned are within a mile or two of this stage stop. This falls right in line with what Mr. SD is refering to. Persher code. The stories get you close, the field clues get you closer. The final solve, well good luck with that without inside info.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom